Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure it’s going to be intriguing. We’ve started posturing but will relent once media pressure and the club’s desire for the right optics get in the way. We’ll end up getting a little more than whatever the swans opening offer is and he’ll probably go on to kick 5-600 goals in Sydney.
I'll be surprised if it goes down like that, but time will tell.

I see it going down to the last hour.

That's modern day footy.

Might be a game to us but to the majority of players and officials it's a business.

As long as we are adequately compensated it's just the way it is and we move on.

Wow, this is going to be intriguing...

I think pick 5 is plenty for a guy that has barely played for 2 years. No doubt Dodoro will push a hard bargain.

I still remember all the cranky Bombers fans calling McClure on SEN to tell him he was full of s**t a few months back.

Seems to get a fair bit right for a bloke that cops a lot of s**t.

I reckon he was fed info from the dons because they saw this coming and didn't want it to shock fans.
Either way, fans having a go at journos when they aren't proven wrong and nuffies anyway

Massive move cos Buddy isn’t gonna see his contract out I’d think.
Bombers should get one first, a second, and a player.

Only if the Swans like being bent over.

Christ the bloke has played 11 games in two years.

Can't see us getting any more than 5+25. Not sure Swans would be prepared to offer that much though, going to be a long Trade Period.
I think 5 + 25 is reasonable.

Hope we don't see excessive posturing from either party and a deal is reached after relatively smooth negotiations...

Only if the Swans like being bent over.

Christ the bloke has played 11 games in two years.
Yay, someone who likes to remind me how Brad Crouch has missed two seasons and gets shipped around for a million a yr. lol
It happens and managers get their take.
Like the forwards that went to Fremantle and Mitch Brown etc.
Oh yeah manager got a mortgage as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummm... last 2 years for 11 average games.
So going on performance over the past 2 years worth about pick 40-50.
Even Jonathon Patton has played more games... lol.
But on potential if he can get fully fit... Pick 5 would be closer to the mark.
Unfortunately nothing indicates he is fully over his injury concerns.
So... Pick a number in between. Add to that he is due to be a free agent after next season(2020).
So Pick 25 is about on the mark.
Cheers Boys.

How boring would that be?
I prefer the posturing and dick-measuring when it doesn't involve my team. So much easier to laugh at farcical trades deals that don't involve your club.

I'll be surprised if it goes down like that, but time will tell.

I see it going down to the last hour.
My take on the situation:
- Joe and Swans want to be together (probably a big fat contract tbh)
- Joe tells Essendon
- Essendon tell Joe it’s not happening unless they get the world
- Joe’s management get this story in the press to start the pressure on Essendon
- Essendon release statement posturing about playing tough
- Time passes
- More articles fed by Swans/Joe’s management. 2012 gets brought up several times. Player welfare etc
- Essendon leadership get concerned about PR try and get some articles of their own
- Eventually EFC decide the optics are bad and trade for a pick upgrade more than Sydney have already offered.

None of us should be shocked to be sitting there in a couple of weeks when that is the outcome. Sydney happy as they have a key forward and know they’re playing with house (AFL) money anyway, AFL happy as they’ve got another star in Sydney, media happy for a shit tonne of clicks and Essendon think they’re happy as they’ve “done the right thing” but continue their quest for mediocrity.

Sydney would be high to trade 5+9 for a guy who can't get on the park. Sydney can lowball since he wants out, can't risk your future on one injury prone player.
Essendon will ask for 5&9, Sydney will counter with a first only and we will hold hands and go around in roundabouts until an hour to go in the trade period before settling on a compromise somewhere near the middle that we could have reached on day 1 of the trade period

My take on the situation:
- Joe and Swans want to be together (probably a big fat contract tbh)
- Joe tells Essendon
- Essendon tell Joe it’s not happening unless they get the world
- Joe’s management get this story in the press to start the pressure on Essendon
- Essendon release statement posturing about playing tough
- Time passes
- More articles fed by Swans/Joe’s management. 2012 gets brought up several times. Player welfare etc
- Essendon leadership get concerned about PR try and get some articles of their own
- Eventually EFC decide the optics are bad and trade for a pick upgrade more than Sydney have already offered.

None of us should be shocked to be sitting there in a couple of weeks when that is the outcome. Sydney happy as they have a key forward and know they’re playing with house (AFL) money anyway, AFL happy as they’ve got another star in Sydney, media happy for a s**t tonne of clicks and Essendon think they’re happy as they’ve “done the right thing” but continue their quest for mediocrity.
Why would the AFL be happy for us to have a gun player in Sydney?

You do realise the last time that happened, we got a trade ban for following the rules, right?

Yay, someone who likes to remind me how Brad Crouch has missed two seasons and gets shipped around for a million a yr. lol
It happens and managers get their take.
Like the forwards that went to Fremantle and Mitch Brown etc.
Oh yeah manager got a mortgage as well

You made no relevant points there.

Daniher played 4 games this year and 7 last year, that sort of injury prone player isn't worth a first round pick, second round pick and a player and Sydney would be stupid to give them that let alone two top 10 picks.

Also Crouch isn't worth a million a season, no where near it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back