Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t hold any ill feelings towards him. It’s a business and players need to do what’s best for them. We have brought in Saad, Shiel, Stringer etc from other clubs so you are always a chance of players going the other way. Hope he is fit and firing for round 1 (no doubt v Essendon at SCG) :p

Joe Daniher's a rare talent. I wonder why he wants to leave so badly. On about $900,000 so he must be very unhappy at EFC.

In terms of money, Essendon are refusing to extend his contract.

If Joe has another injury-ravaged season in 2020, his value would go way down and the next contract he signs would be significantly lower.
However Sydney are offering what i assume would be a juicy contract likely over 4 years right now, so gives Joe security of a large contract even if his injuries persist.

The risk is on Sydney...they better be confident they can get his body right.

Not sure why people hate Sydney for doing the same thing everyone of our clubs have and will do.

It's a clubs job to get the best list they can to win a flag.

Don't fall in love with players is the key take away here.

I think it is because the Swans have a history of going after other teams key forwards

Lockett
Hall
Tippett
Franklin
Daniher

That is not a small list.

Joe Daniher's a rare talent. I wonder why he wants to leave so badly. On about $900,000 so he must be very unhappy at EFC.
Who knows the full reasons but maybe he is unhappy with life in Melbourne and maybe his friendship with Harley was the difference.
Whatever the case we need to accept and move on. It frees up a stack of cap room and hopefully we use our pick/s wisely and address the key areas we are poor in.
You guys coped with Buddy leaving, the Crows did too when Dangerfield left. It’s not the end of the world

On the whole, he’s actually not too bad. Far from the worst.
Gotta agree. He's a bit of a flog but when it comes to trades McClure actually gets a fair bit right. Nothing compared to that useless campaigner "my daddy is the only reason I have a job" Tom Browne

I think it is because the Swans have a history of going after other teams key forwards

Lockett
Hall
Tippett
Franklin
Daniher

That is not a small list.

Makes no difference what position they play.

Our clubs would do exactly the same thing given the chance.

In terms of money, Essendon are refusing to extend his contract.

If Joe has another injury-ravaged season in 2020, his value would go way down and the next contract he signs would be significantly lower.
However Sydney are offering what i assume would be a juicy contract likely over 4 years right now, so gives Joe security of a large contract even if his injuries persist.

The risk is on Sydney...they better be confident they can get his body right.

He's only 25. Lots of footy ahead of him if they can get his body right, which wouldn't reflect well on the Essendon high performance team. But let's be honest, they've never been renowned for being any good in that department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spell me
Buddy was a rare talent
The kennedy name is royalty at hawthorn

A player wants to move. This is no more or less a bad look for essendon than any other club

And its 2m over 3 seasons. Not even close to 900k.

Nope there is every chance Sydney could shoot up the ladder next season you only had to look at what happend to Brisbane

Pick 5 thanks
You'll be getting our first this year IMO. We need our first next year for academy picks.
Sounds like you might actually get pick 5 + 9 with a couple of 2nd rounders heading back the other way.
Based on a horseshit Damian Barrett article which also said it would be 9 for Papley and 25. He claimed on the same day that he published it that Sydney were completely unwilling to give up Papley for pick 9. He's full of shit.

Spell me
Buddy was a rare talent
The kennedy name is royalty at hawthorn

A player wants to move. This is no more or less a bad look for essendon than any other club

And its 2m over 3 seasons. Not even close to 900k.
Not as if Daniher doesn't have links to Sydney either. Would be a bad look if he wanted to go to Collingwood on the same contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back