Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll be getting our first this year IMO. We need our first next year for academy picks.

Based on a horses**t Damian Barrett article which also said it would be 9 for Papley and 25. He claimed on the same day that he published it that Sydney were completely unwilling to give up Papley for pick 9. He's full of s**t.
From what is being said on the Carlton board, a 3 way trade has been agreed to which is why it has come out daniher nominated sydney.

Pick 9 obviously going to Essendon just a query on pick 5 as well or your future 1st. Then there will be some shuffling of later picks, I think this trade gets done reasonably early although it could be waiting on the fantasia trade.

From what is being said on the Carlton board, a 3 way trade has been agreed to which is why it has come out daniher nominated sydney.

Pick 9 obviously going to Essendon just a query on pick 5 as well or your future 1st. Then there will be some shuffling of later picks, I think this trade gets done reasonably early although it could be waiting on the fantasia trade.
This apparent deal just happens to be in complete contrast to everything the Swans have said right up to the top management... right.

Appalling that Joe has nominated a singular club. If he wants to go to the city of Sydney he shouldve just nominated NSW and let Essendon get the best price for him.

#amIdoingthisright?
Why would GWS be interested in him? It would kind of render letting Patton go for nothing pointless...

Please enlighten me.

If Sydney are offering one first rounder, why should we trade when we can get one first rounder as compensation next year?
Might be because Daniher is physically cooked, and wants to get out of the city as soon as possible (speculating) so to spend another year's salary on him is not something Essendon wants.
There's more to it than draft picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This apparent deal just happens to be in complete contrast to everything the Swans have said right up to the top management... right.
To be fair, harley also said it was just coffee.
Face value what clubs say
Saints said pick 5 wasnt going to be used on carlisle

Speaking of, they owe the swans one for that deal. Perhaps pick 6 and 9 for joey....

Might be because Daniher is physically cooked, and wants to get out of the city as soon as possible (speculating) so to spend another year's salary on him is not something Essendon wants.
There's more to it than draft picks
Sydney doesn't seem to think so. Neither do Essendon.
Besides, you should know all about cooked with O'Meara. Still cost you despite being uncontracted.

The club has already informed Joe that they'd like him to be there in 2020.
I can't see us trading him unless there is a benefit for us.

Bombers are gonna have a small fwd line next year. Hooker best played down back.

I suppose at least they've still got McKernan to build a fwd line around.

Hai_Newman weagles got anyone for them?

Idk what the pick swaps will be, I am just guessing same as anyone else. You will gain Daniher and lose Papley. If you gave up 5+9 you could end up with Essendons 2020 1st round pick.

We will have to wait and see, I can't think of a logical trade the clubs would come up with yet.

Bombers are gonna have a small fwd line next year. Hooker best played down back.

I suppose at lesst they've still got McKernan to build a fwd line around.

I'll be throwing the kitchen sink at Cameron is a FA next season and we will have the cap space from Daniher and Fantasia

Also i don't buy that "he's happy in Sydney" etc everyone has a price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back