Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 pick and run. One very good year. Two years ruined by op.

Hogan didn't get 2 top 10s and hed been better than danniher. So 5 and a 2nd or 3rd rounder is plenty

Yeah, won’t be two first rounders.
Pick 5 a pick in the 20’s or pick 5 and Jones perhaps.
A deal will get done.
We won’t hold him to his contract like some are saying but we won’t accept just pick 5 either. I think both clubs have known the trade was happening for sometime so wouldn’t be surprised if pre negotiations have already taken place

He won’t and Sydney have got Joe to nominate them, he wouldn’t do that without an undertaking they’ll do “whatever it takes” to make it happen.

Trade will happen, it’ll burn for an extended period, swans fans will think they overpaid until they see him dominating, bombers fans will bleed because we know our recruiters will pick vanilla types or flankers they try and turn into mids, we’ll go another 15 years without sniffing success and the world will keep turning.

Deal is a certainty to get done and basically already sorted out.

Several journo's dropped the doozie , via "sources close to Joe" (hehe) that he was fed up with EFC's medical management. A few days lapsed then The Essendon Information Minister Tim Watson comes out and says "Joe is looking to leave Essendon for reasons outside the club and football" (hehe).

Between the "Joe's close sources" and "Timmy" statements, Joe and Essendon have come together and agreed that Joe will get his trade if he doesn't trash the club on the way out and both parties will be duly respectful of each other as the Daniher moniker demands.

This one has been well choreographed ever since Joe and Tom were "unexpectedly" (hehe) caught catching up over a flat white months ago.

Supporter massaging is what "holds up" most trades during the 2 week mass media event that we call Trade Week. Good theatre.

It's all great fun. I can't wait for Adrian's performance this year( even though he has been considerably restrained since Richardson came in. BOO).

Pick 5 (and potentially 25) >>>> pick ~13

Not to mention keeping a bloke who doesn't want to be there on $800k for inferior compensation next year doesn't exactly sound like wise list management.
Wise list management is not Dododoro's strongest suit.

I assume we're prepared to pay overs but not stupid overs for a player who's hardly played for two seasons. If Dodo drags it our for his ego to be stroked then so many other deals get held up and there's always the chance we walk away, I'm sure we've told Joe this and he would know Dodo well.

Best to put egos away, get a deal done early and move on. It is worth noting our board has vetoed a Papley trade maybe to limit how much we'll pay for Daniher, deals this big are board approved and boards are risk averse.

And the rest
Tippett was on 800k alone only comes off books this year

McVeigh
Jack
Grundy
And Smith
all easily on more than 300k each

Likely 2m+ off the books + Hanners going last year

Obviously some existing pay rises new contracts etc but we are not pushed for cap space
Zak jones

I dont get the argument that because hes missed a chunk of the last 2 years his value is diminished.
The last 2 years he was contracted to Essendon not Sydney, and as long as Sydneys medicos examine him fit from now then it's irrelevant.
They obviously have if they are offering him 800k a year.

I dont get the argument that because hes missed a chunk of the last 2 years his value is diminished.
The last 2 years he was contracted to Essendon not Sydney, and as long as Sydneys medicos examine him fit from now then it's irrelevant.
They obviously have if they are offering him 800k a year.

Well usually you give a certain exchange based on value.

One of the components of an athlete is durability and performance. Of which there was little of either during the past two year.

It would have to be a factor considering OP can lead to soft tissue injuries too

Supporter massaging is what "holds up" most trades during the 2 week mass media event that we call Trade Week. Good theatre.

It's all great fun. I can't wait for Adrian's performance this year( even though he has been considerably restrained since Richardson came in. BOO).

No, its list managers egos that holds up most trades. They know this is their time to shine and some love the camera and media attention much more than others.

I assume we're prepared to pay overs but not stupid overs for a player who's hardly played for two seasons. If Dodo drags it our for his ego to be stroked then so many other deals get held up and there's always the chance we walk away, I'm sure we've told Joe this and he would know Dodo well.

Best to put egos away, get a deal done early and move on. It is worth noting our board has vetoed a Papley trade maybe to limit how much we'll pay for Daniher, deals this big are board approved and boards are risk averse.
Oh your boards vetoed has it?

He is not wanted by the Giants, he is a salary cap dump, like Scully last year.

He is coming off his third knee reco and has never been very good anyway.

Nothing like Daniher or Hogan.
Joe has asked for a trade so you can pretty much kiss and goodbye it's just what type of deal will be done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ego has nothing to do with it.
Like Geelong did last year, Essendon will do whats best for them. Daniher is contracted and a required player.
They're not going to let him go unless its overs.

Last edited:
Posters comparing dime a dozen midfielders to potential KPF superstars.

Incredible how many watch footy yet know so little about it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back