Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

It might seem that way but I think Dodoro would be on the phone just as often as Sydney’s people. Even if it ends up being two separate trades, we find something to spend pick 5/? on and once we have that then do the deal with Sydney before ontrading for whatever else we find. One won’t happen without the other being ready to go though.
Yeah that's fair enough, figure the lack of available options/time to tap up an opposition player make it hard for us to extract maximum value. Unless Sydney come with a great offer I'd be telling them to call me in 12 months.

We all know Matthew Lloyd isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but why would you complain about a lowball offer when you don't want to trade him?
When your preference is keep him, you still complain about getting a lowball offer?

If you really didn't want to trade JD then you would stoked that the Swans aren't making a worthwhile offer.
Oh they want to trade him, dont worry about that.
Lloydy's on the front line at the Essendon Infornation Ministry - we're getting to the pointy end of trade week.

Sydney aren't taking this seriously by the sounds of it.
You better hope it at least plays out fairly FOR JOE, not necessarily just for the Dons. You can easily say goodbye to the Daniher legacy at your club.
You can explain to his dad and uncles how your selfish amateurish club screwed up both Darcy and Joe's groin issues, experimented with their teammates health, then refused to even accommodate and help Joe's wishes after he made a mid career decision.

You want to run a jail ? give him a 1 yr sentence ? Wait until you see how that message works out. Even Gold Coast resist sending out that message.

Biggest mistake of his life choosing your amateurish mob over an actual afl club. He obviously knows it.

Hey, maybe tomorrow you can get Jobe and Timmy to come out with some more super awesome negotiating tactics...."pssst Tim...would you mind talking up Joe's value sometime today on radio, cheers"

Darcy was let go because he wasn't good enough to persist with while he had a long lay off. Joe was playing through pain in 2018 by under reporting the issue to medical staff.

Also, the family want him to stay at Essendon.

It's all hands on deck at the Essendon Informtion Ministry at the moment in an attempt to sway the narrative to get Adrian that Superdeal.

- Lloydy's working Trade Radio.
- Jonny Ralph and Jay Clark doing Robbo's bidding at the Essendon Gazette.
- The Wisp working the morning SEN shift
- Goddard chipping in on various outlets.

and then there's twitter as well.

Ah, it's like a beautiful symphony.

It's always an October highlight watching Tulla's prized off field unit working their magic. The DreamTeam of spruik.

The inclusions of Brendon and the Coondog has the Information Ministry buzzing.

It's always an October highlight watching Tulla's prized off field unit working their magic. The DreamTeam of spruik.

The inclusions of Brendon and the Coondog has the Information Ministry buzzing.
Really makes you wonder why we ok'ed the Liz Lukin AFL plant. We've got plenty within our ranks.

You think AFL want to stop AFL.com from speculating on trades?

You have much to learn bollox
Nothing to do with "speculation", so don't tell others they appear somehow naïve. This time it is far too obviously deliberate.
ALL our clubs are told that negotiations are done in strict confidence. We here, along with trade radio and the scab media are purely speculating and have fun doing it.

However, when an ex Essendon FF turned media hack claims actual knowledge (not speculation), and deliberately releases it in a timely fashion...that is something different. That is deliberate and obvious interference with the AFL sanctioned process.

Only EFC officials can speak to the validity of such things DURING negotiations.

You understand don't you ? Why doesn't my mob speak directly to Lloyd ? and just give him the latest update to any offer ?
Same reason your mob is not meant to.

Don't even bother pretending others are naïve when you know what is going on at your trade table aint kosher. Your trade table KNOWS. The rest of the world is meant to be speculating.

Nothing to do with "speculation", so don't tell others they appear somehow naïve. This time it is far too obviously deliberate.
ALL our clubs are told that negotiations are done in strict confidence. We here, along with trade radio and the scab media are purely speculating and have fun doing it.

However, when an ex Essendon FF turned media hack claims actual knowledge (not speculation), and deliberately releases it in a timely fashion...that is something different. That is deliberate and obvious interference with the AFL sanctioned process.

Only EFC officials can speak to the validity of such things DURING negotiations.

You understand don't you ? Why doesn't my mob speak directly to Lloyd ? and just give him the latest update to any offer ?
Same reason your mob is not meant to.

Don't even bother pretending others are naïve when you know what is going on at your trade table aint kosher. Your trade table KNOWS. The rest of the world is meant to be speculating.
You're taking this way too seriously man.

There is no Essendon boogie monster out to get you I promise.

But i don't think Robbo and The Wisp's hearts are in it any more. Robbo's head is still in his hands trying to figure out how the Bombers have 2 head coaches and neither of them are Jim.
Spring's the time of year when he get's to scrounge plenty of free piss at the races, so he's probably a bit distracted. I'm confident Robbo will lift.

I like Lordo's passion for his job at The Ministry. Brendon has high potential. And Coondog adds gravitas of course.

But i don't think Robbo and The Wisp's hearts are in it any more. Robbo's head is still in his hands trying to figure out how the Bombers have 2 head coaches and neither of them are Jim. And Tim had ambitions of Club Powerbroker, not lowly Information Minister. He's about as invested in EFC as Woosha atm i reckon. The Jobe HandBack may have been the straw.
Must be heartbreaking for a father knowing that you personally played a large part in putting in motion a plan which ultimately ruined the legacy of your own sons footy career. Gotta feel for the Whisp

Spring's the time of year when he get's to scrounge plenty of free piss at the races, so he's probably a bit distracted. I'm confident Robbo will lift.

The only exposure i get to Robbo these days is on his Fox show with Fr Whately. So i don't know how his form has been in print and on the airwaves, but he seems positively depressed about the Bombers on his cable TV show.

This of course, is probably the single best sign of EFC coming good for yonks though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're taking this way too seriously man.

There is no Essendon boogie monster out to get you I promise.
Don't bother with the pretend chest thumping shyt.
Dons cant afford any pretend arrogance these days. They look ridiculous when they try it.

Tell the pom pom waving cheerleaders saturating the media this morning to at least pretend they are speculating, and to not make it obvious they've likely been briefed on todays full court press mission.

Also tell them when they mention names like McCartin and Heeney they look like absolute numbskulls.

Otherwise other clubs will likely need to start hiring outside negotiators just to talk to your mob.

It may only be footy, but these days we expect at least a modicum of integrity and professionalism to be shown.

Dons cant afford any pretend arrogance these days. They look ridiculous when they try it.

Tell the pom pom waving cheerleaders saturating the media this morning to at least pretend they are speculating, and to not make it obvious they've likely been briefed on todays full court press mission.

Also tell them when they mention names like McCartin and Heeney they look like absolute numbskulls.

Otherwise other clubs will likely need to start hiring outside negotiators just to talk to your mob.

It may only be footy, but these days we expect at least a modicum of integrity and professionalism to be shown.

Settle down mate you are acting like a 12 yo.

Ok, I'm calling on the BatBomber phone as we speak.

I'll let them know your concerns

"Hey Lloydy"
"Yeh Dap?"
"Can you let Dodo know that the winner for super trade hysteria this year is bollox of Sydney?"
"No probs Dap mate, i'll pass it on and get him to chalk it on the board"
"Cheers Lordo, and good work on the mass flooding of information from Sydney by the underground movement too, it's working a treat, peace out!"
"Will do Dap, see you at the annual trade week premiership drinks"

Essendon need to come out today and say that we aren't trading him or else i sincerely hold grave fears for the stability of Bollox.

1 more article could be the tipping point.

This trade is stuck because Joey is worth more to Essendon than he is to other clubs, his name contributes in a big way to that obviously.

Facts are he has not been able to get on the park regularly for 2 years now and Sydney are a club that really doesn't need him. Essendon might emotionally think he is worth 2 first round picks (and a player lol) but to other clubs, he is not worth that big a risk, thats insane.

He is arguably as big an injury risk as Patton, hje is 1 year younger and he is moving for bugger all because of it. Sure the ceiling is probably higher for Joey but 5 AND 9? I would be livid if my club paid that for Joey.

Dodoro is posturing too but tbh he doesn't really have a lot of choice. Essendon fans would be out for blood if he wasn't at least looking like putting up a hard fight.

There’s not a player in the AFL who would fill a gap for Essendon better than Wines (Cripps aside).

Get them three-ways working and something could happen.

I'd be willing to send something back if the Swans were reluctant to let Florent leave, Pick 33 or a Matt Guelfi type.

Yeah I didn't mean to be flippant, sorry, but we obviously value the trade differently.

I personally think pick 5 would be enough, maybe a fringe player too. 5 and 9 is just insane.

He is a FA next year too dont forget...

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back