News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Port fans. Scrolling through and seeing lots of you saying Richards is worth a fourth rounder or whatever. Just so you know, Joe is going to be a great get for you. His improvement from last year to this year was incredible. Really smart footballer, sharp around goals, can find the ball and uses it well. You'll be pleasantly surprised when you see him play. If he keeps improving like he did this year he will be a star.

Will be pleasantly surprised if we can get him for a future 4th round pick if not you guys can have him

Just to let you know your club's list manager Leppitsch is an idiot feel sorry for you guys

Hey Port fans. Scrolling through and seeing lots of you saying Richards is worth a fourth rounder or whatever. Just so you know, Joe is going to be a great get for you. His improvement from last year to this year was incredible. Really smart footballer, sharp around goals, can find the ball and uses it well. You'll be pleasantly surprised when you see him play. If he keeps improving like he did this year he will be a star.
I think you'll find that we think he is a decent player. I've seen a him a bit and think he's quite a competent player. Our problem goes like this. We have a bunch of small forwards on our books. Now my expectations is that we will probably be asked for a 3rd Round pick to get him.

Is Richards a 3rd round pick better than the small forwards that we have, that we have pretty much given nothing to get.

And Hinkley will probably use him as a pressure forward not as a goalkicker.

If he’s such a star why did Collingwood ignore him all season long and only offer him a contract at the end of the year after it was already obvious he was leaving for port?

It's certainly not disparaging Richards. I'm happy for us to get him and I certainly think he'll add solid depth. It's just this insistence we've been getting that he's a desirable trade piece that should take up a significant part of the return we get for Houston.

After kicking 6 goals in 9 games at 25 years of age, he's just not worth anything of note at the trade table. How many players are making it after being drafted as a mature ager from the Ovens and Murray league? How many 25 year olds who have only managed 9 games go on to have a successful AFL career?

He's certainly not worth enough to make say, Houston for 13+23+Richards a good trade for us.

It's certainly not disparaging Richards. I'm happy for us to get him and I certainly think he'll add solid depth. It's just this insistence we've been getting that he's a desirable trade piece that should take up a significant part of the return we get for Houston.

After kicking 6 goals in 9 games at 25 years of age, he's just not worth anything of note at the trade table. How many players are making it after being drafted as a mature ager from the Ovens and Murray league? How many 25 year olds who have only managed 9 games go on to have a successful AFL career?

He's certainly not worth enough to make say, Houston for 13+23+Richards a good trade for us.
Yeah that's all I was saying mate, not trying to tell you what trade you should accept. Just that those numbers don't tell the full story. Having watched him closely in the AFL and VFL this year, I do believe he's going to be a 100+ gamer.

We would much prefer to keep him at the pies of course, but that's how it goes.

Okay. He's still an uncontracted 25 year old VFL player with single figure career games and goals. He's still worth a fourth rounder.

Yeah that's all I was saying mate, not trying to tell you what trade you should accept. Just that those numbers don't tell the full story. Having watched him closely in the AFL and VFL this year, I do believe he's going to be a 100+ gamer.

Yep, I’ve followed him ever since we were rumored to be keen on him in the 2022 draft. He will be a point of difference in our forward line- partly because he’s a forward who likes kicking goals but mostly because he is a different type of player to Powell-Pepper and Rioli.

Am I wrong to describe hom as a quicker, better tackling, more midfield able Bailey Fritsch?

At the end of the day its not that different to Billy Frampton (although Billy had played more than twice as many games and has height).

Frampton went on to play a key role for you in a premiership team and will now go down as a Collingwood hero, but you got him for a future third because thats the going rate for a mid 20s fringe player with <30 games. Its just how things are.

Its quite sad it seems like your new list managers inexperience could ruin this trade period for you. Really hope you put him back in a coaching role next year as its clear he isnt up to being a trader, and is an excellent assistant coach.

Cool.

Why was he the last player on your list to get offered a contract, well after it was clear he had chosen to join port?

Maybe you rate him highly , but you have to admit your club doesn’t based on that indisputable objective evidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back