Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Simply mind boggling how far he's come in 12 months. I saw him pick up 8 disposals against Werribee last year and thought he'd be a chance to get chopped or at least dropped to the rookie list after one season. Here's to hoping he picks up from where he left off.

They’ll keep building him up, he has the potential to be a solid contributor but still has a way to go IMHO

So far he ticking above expectations, opposition will look at how he gets his kicks and put more effort into this if he keeps improving but as I said still has a lot to prove.
sheeeeeert. The other clubs are going to have to have a lot of taggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sure that there more diamonds in the rough out there like Joe Richards and Nic Martin in country and suburban leagues. With our lack of high draft picks, we need to go hunting for them

He has the worst disposal efficiency in the comp
he takes the game on, breaks the lines and is aggressive with his kicking

Madgen and Mayne were top 10 kicking efficiency in the comp ..they consistently kicked it 10-yards sideways with zero hurt-factor

I’m not too concerned about suggestions others might chase him. Think he’ll stay. But I’m also guilty of thinking Phil Walsh would never leave….
Too soon....

Phil Walsh was my PE teacher at high school. Top bloke. Hard as nails and uncompromising but at the same time encouraging and supportive. He demanded your very best every time you turned up - which for many these days would be quite schocking, I suspect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back