Joel Selwood ducking his head

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the most disgusting and un Australian articles I've ever read. Embarrassing.
All he's saying is he is not cheating because shrugging a tackle by dropping the knees is within the rules. You think that's un-Australian, or do you think it is ub-eloquating?

Onya Mike Williamson...

Great Acting/ Cheating should be acknowledged and respected.

Selwood - take a bow - you're the best :thumbsu:

Remembered for ever... best cheat ever!

But would Collingwood have him in its team if he was available?

Joel Selwood just shrugs tackles and motors on; his body strength, speed and intensity allow him to do this.

This is diametrically opposed to his brother Scott Selwood who dives to the turf when tackled with the sole intention of trying to draw high contact and a cheap free. He's not on his Pat Malone there.

Let's just face it, Joel Selwood is a footballing machine.

To quote Woosher in his post-match presser "Joel Selwood has had as bigger impact on the competition from his first game as anyone I have seen...". :thumbsu:

With his preferential treatment... Of course we would.

We'd take "Julian Assange" if it meant the on field favoritism like Selwood gets.

(Best cheat ever - we'll take him... as long as his "free kicks" are part of the contract)

Why do you keep changing the topic. Every man and his dog recognises that Selwood is a champion player and the cats are blessed to have him. That however has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Why do you keep changing the topic. Every man and his dog recognises that Selwood is a champion player and the cats are blessed to have him. That however has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

the subject is who out of you and mooney has 'played more footy', right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't mind it when he first did it, as he would continue the play
Now he stops and stares at the umpire

Puopolo ducks like selwood, but doesn't stop, when he does ill be filthy

Why is that?
Because I have no issue with how he does it?
Because I admit poppy does it?

Because you obviously dont watch Geelong, and you watch Puopolo with your Brown and Yellow glasses glued to your head.

Selwood nearly always plays on, rather than stops, when taken high. If you seriously dont believe this, you are deluded or just full of shit.

Puopolo on the other hand, is just a blatant diver. Then again, you do have Lewis, and Hoodge leading the way in ramming with the head, so Hawthorn have real form in this area.

Then again, I am not even going to bother discussing with you any more given the poor quality of posts of yours i have seen in the past.

Have a nice life.

Why is that?
Because I have no issue with how he does it?
Because I admit poppy does it?
This is beyond a yawn and has been described in fine detail by quite a few already, so am not going over it all again.
Suffice to say that regardless of yr thoughts on Selwood, Puopolo deliberately puts his head down and pushes it into the pack with the sole intention of winning a head high free. He doesn't 'play on' and so forth-he has one aim in mind-to get a free and he generally does it in goal scoring range.;)

This is beyond a yawn and has been described in fine detail by quite a few already, so am not going over it all again.
Suffice to say that regardless of yr thoughts on Selwood, Puopolo deliberately puts his head down and pushes it into the pack with the sole intention of winning a head high free. He doesn't 'play on' and so forth-he has one aim in mind-to get a free and he generally does it in goal scoring range.;)

Is it an illegal tactic

He mainly gets those frees for trying to shrug tackles. Not his fault the ******ed umps pay them. When you choose to shrug a tackle, you should forfeit all right to protection of the tacklers arm from your head. I genuinely believe he does this to shrug the tackle, not to get a free kick. Blame the umpires.

Occasionally he will pull the old, Scott Selwood, Adam Selwood and Ashton Hams trick, and turn his body sideways so he gets caught high. Again, this is the stupid umps paying these weak free kicks. The umpires are the ones to lay blame on. Still pretty soft acts by these players who do this. If umpires stopped paying them, then they will stop pulling these tricks.

The worst ones of all coming up. When a player dives on a ball and the oncoming opposition player does everything they possibly can to avoid their head, but still ever so slightly scrape their ear with their shin. Those free kicks. They are ****ING awful.

Nope. And I have actually come to quite like the rest of Puopolo's game and I don't even hate him! How is that?

Perfect - consistency once again is what we are looking for. I would hate to see him denied a free kick just because he uses a tactic that others may not like when its perfectly legal to do so

Perfect - consistency once again is what we are looking for. I would hate to see him denied a free kick just because he uses a tactic that others may not like when its perfectly legal to do so
Haha yes indeed Couch P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back