Joel Selwood ducking his head

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't just ducking today, was throwing himself forward whenever there was contact from behind and flinging his head back whenever he got touched in a pack. Pathetic way to play the game.

I think Joel Selwood ducks to throw his opponent over his shoulder easier.
He is strong.

But, I am not going to argue with those who say he plays for frees, because he has admitted in the past to playing for frees.

Thread created in 2011.

Today's date August 10, 2013.

The issue hasn't gone away. It hasn't gotten better. It's gotten worse.

Selwood_wide-620x349.jpg

Yep pretty frustrating to watch. Great player, like him with his links to Boak but he's tarnishing his rep playing this way.

Absolutely dominating the "Frees For" this year

Joel Selwood 54
Trent Cotchin 42
Andrew Swallow 38
Alex Rance 36
Drew Petrie 35

Ohhhh sook it up.. He was BOG and plays within the rules ya bunch of jealous flogs..

It's only those useless opponents who don't know how to tackle that get sucked in by it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a matter of how I feel.

I deal in facts and realities not wild delusion.

Post your evidence of Selwood ducking.

Until then our claims are pure bullshit and show that your are easily manipulated. :)

Here is your evidence that you keep going on about.
Note how may times a Magpie comes in & Selwood ducks his head.

Ohhhh sook it up.. He was BOG and plays within the rules ya bunch of jealous flogs..

It's only those useless opponents who don't know how to tackle that get sucked in by it..

Sure- pity this is accompanied by hands thrown in the air and sooking when he is tackled within the rules

He did get a lot of high frees today, and every time one of them was paid I'd shudder a little because I just knew the masses on here would be going ballistic; but looking at every single one of them, I cannot believe how badly Port tried to tackle him...

On at least 3 of the frees he got, I reckon he bent his knees (arguably just to lower his center of gravity) to the extent that his head lowered 5cm. You could see the tacklers' arms going for him when he was upright and they're aiming for very high on the chest: WHY!? If it's such common knowledge that he 'ducks' why the **** haven't all your teams' players learned to go for his hips yet!? Why the **** aim for an area that if it slips up 5cm will be deemed, technically, illegal contact!?!? :confused:

He did get a lot of high frees today, and every time one of them was paid I'd shudder a little because I just knew the masses on here would be going ballistic; but looking at every single one of them, I cannot believe how badly Port tried to tackle him...

On at least 3 of the frees he got, I reckon he bent his knees (arguably just to lower his center of gravity) to the extent that his head lowered 5cm. You could see the tacklers' arms going for him when he was upright and they're aiming for very high on the chest: WHY!? If it's such common knowledge that he 'ducks' why the **** haven't all your teams' players learned to go for his hips yet!? Why the **** aim for an area that if it slips up 5cm will be deemed, technically, illegal contact!?!? :confused:

Because then he just gets the easy handball away. That's why all players are taught to wrap the arms up.

The one that Dermott was having a sook about Selwood had his body hunched over as he had the ball well before he was tackled. It was the Port players fault for laying a poor tackle.

That's how Selwood normally does it. He really does hunch over a lot when he has the ball in a contest, accelerates, and then when tackled lowers his shoulder on the side he's tackled so the other players arm slips up and takes him high. Yeah it kinda manipulates the rules but it's not like he's ducking his head at the last second for a free every time he's taken high. It's made worse because players are taught to tackle high enough on the body to lock the arms in.

As Dermie said today "good on him, he's exploiting the current rules". The unfortunate thing is he's endangering himself and the kids who emulate him. Fair play to the Geelong supporters on here defending him, but if you're at all fair minded you'd understand how frustrating it is to opposition supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back