John Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Because all good footballers were the height of popularity at their junior clubs I guess?

The guy is fine, has no attitude problem and works hard. He kicks goals and chases hard.

Umm yes most of the time. Yea if ur like the best player for ur junior club an a decent guy then your u are loved. Cas ur winning games for the club.
He is soft doesn't go in hard an is not a great bloke to have round the club.

No loss, he wasn't going to be a regular at Collingwood so them's the breaks. I'm happy for Presti as he deserves another crack at becoming a premiership player.

For clubs who are interested, Carlton would be a good fit - As a forward he'd need the ball delivered to him, otherwise he will struggle to get involved in contests. As a defender I think he could play as a third tall.

For clubs who are interested, Carlton would be a good fit - As a forward he'd need the ball delivered to him, otherwise he will struggle to get involved in contests. As a defender I think he could play as a third tall.
i mentioned this on the hawks bored, the best way to describe him is 3rd tall defender and or lead up forward.
he wont fit in at the hawks but, i do rate him.
Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and Sydney could be good fits.

guys it is quite simple
jack anthony can go to richmond if likes to and that was his desired destination
no one else would get him (similar to houli)
same if he goes to melbourne

if any of those clubs get him
could see something good rebuilding

ps has he even quit collingwood or is it just speculation

Umm yes most of the time. Yea if ur like the best player for ur junior club an a decent guy then your u are loved. Cas ur winning games for the club.
He is soft doesn't go in hard an is not a great bloke to have round the club.
Gary Ablett was no great personality.
Your club will pick him if they think he'll help the cause.

I think he's decent and would normally want us to take him but we have too many talls in our forward line, and have Butcher coming through as well...be interesting to see where he ends up

sorry mate have to disagree with ya there, he is possibly the biggest wayne kerr on the planet. If you saw him out at a nightclub and the way he acts you would know what I mean

Love comments like this. How many times have you seen him out? Once? Now, how many times did you go out when you were JA's age in a year, get a bit ahead of yourself and act like a clown (bearing in mind that he earns about five times more than what people ten years older than him are clearing)? For me, it would be somewhere between 20-30 times a year. And that's without people coming up to me all night and treating me like king d**k as he would regularly get.

I've never had any interaction with JA, just love it when people make these sweeping comments about someone's character, based on seeing them once at a nightclub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love comments like this. How many times have you seen him out? Once? Now, how many times did you go out when you were JA's age in a year, get a bit ahead of yourself and act like a clown (bearing in mind that he earns about five times more than what people ten years older than him are clearing)? For me, it would be somewhere between 20-30 times a year. And that's without people coming up to me all night and treating me like king d**k as he would regularly get.

I've never had any interaction with JA, just love it when people make these sweeping comments about someone's character, based on seeing them once at a nightclub.

Best post all day on BF. These keyboard hero's who are pissed off that an AFL player has walked straight into Eve while they waited in line for 3 hours... Sensational.

GoldCoast would surely be looking long and hard at him. They need some experience up forward and he's the right age.
I keep forgetting about them. He'd be a good fit since they haven't really recruited any mature forwards but again he'd have to play more of a key role, assuming all the young key forwards are still lightly built. I think his best bet is lining up in a forward line with bigger bodies around him.

Freo sounds like it is a legitimate chance to get him and he'd be a better fit there.

I would rate him as potentially a good player but he could go either way. Worth a shot for any club needing a KKP. At 192cm hes not tall but not undersized either although he doesn't have a lot of bulk. Could be a 50-60 goal kicker for the next 5 years. Good luck JA

I look forward to seeing which club is either smart enough to not get tempted or fall for the trap and structure their forward line around a full forward like Jack Anthony for some teasing results leading up to the finals.

In 3 finals he kicked 2 goals (1 being in the adelaide final to give us the lead due to a free kick).

Looking at GRAND FINALS which is another whole level and the main focus on who is recruited ultimately: in case everyone has forgotten, in the last 3-4 grand finals, one trick ponies invariably get found out completely and even gun key forwards like Riewoldt, Roughead and Franklin have only managed 2 goals in the heat of battle which is now the modern day grand final. Flexible, contested marking key forwards are the ones needed when gun defenders play on them.

But by all means, sign him...he may just win a Coleman (Fevola anyone).

Great post from a neutral.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Tigers say no to JA.
Is that official or just your point of view?
Of course this will be seen as a troll... and really well it sort of may be???

But I decided to keep this off the board whilst on the Collingwood list, but I had heard he wasn't very well liked by the players at all. It came out during the Lance Franklin incident at the nightclub with his chick a few years ago... but pretty well known he is considered a pretty sh** bloke.

He'd be a good fit at Carlton... He and Broke McLean would be 2 peas in a pod!

All that aside - best of luck Jack. It's been a tough year for him after the controvery involving his ex girl early on in the year and form dropping off, along with having trouble controlling his on field anger early on in the year... I hope he gets his career back on track. His conversion rate in front of goal was better than anyones at Collingwood - Has massive upside, and I hope he goes to a good home. I reckon Melbourne or Gold Coast would be good for him.
This is the 'Lovett' chick yeah?

Just wanted to clarify.

Good luck to him. He was only ever going to be depth at Collingwood, with Brown/Reid and Dawes/Clokes holding down our spine positions for the next 10 years.
3rd talls don't need to be part of the spine.

We were? Hmm. News to me. Still, I'd call a 2nd round pick for a then unproven ruckman (far more than what we got for Jacobs) far more fair than the shit Collingwood offered to us for Fevola (2nd/3rd rd pick plus fringe player IIRC). No idea what we offered for O'Keefe but would love to be enlightened. But pissing contest aside, Collingwood are tough at the trade table, FACT. The reaming Freo got in the Tarrant trade just being the latest example, and I'm sure if Freo asked for Anthony too they'd have been just as ruthless on that front too.

Love the selective quoting too. Nice :thumbsu:

Nonsense.

We've completed plenty of fair trades in recent times; Cameron Wood, Rhys Shaw, Darren Jolly, Richard Cole and Heath Scotland.

You are basing this on the Stevens-Didak trade that we didn't want to do (which has shown to be fair enough) and the Luke Ball saga, where we offered reasonable compensation.

Also, supply a source that shows that's what we offered for Fevola.

Remove this Banner Ad

John Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back