Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I just wanted to know if he had said to say Fox Footy , I want to coach from the bench because of x 😂
No, when specifically asked, he says he does what he feels like on the day, or that it depends on the weather...

out coached again in a big game

He should have gone already and I know people hate me saying it and disagree and think he is wonderful. But he isn't coaching another flag and has stayed too long

Prove me wrong big boy, thought it was happening this year, but after today....

Has 4 weeks to get this side back on track or it will be worse than losing another Granny by 80
Yeah **** off and let someone else try then, No I would not sack him, but geez

It's on him right now, if he can't even get the old opening bounce response from this group then he isn't the man for the job.

We have seen this play out so many times, thought this year was different but yeah

It's on him right now, if he can't even get the old opening bounce response from this group then he isn't the man for the job.

We have seen this play out so many times, thought this year was different but yeah
Bet we don't see him on the bench again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he giving a pre grand final speech before every game this year? I don’t understand how he is not getting the starts correct.

Also when it was clear that the dogs were killing our zone, why didn’t he try and make us go man on man. Would have made us more accountable for our direct opponent.

This weeks huge for Horse, obviously the players need to respond but there’s some glaring tactical problems that need fixing immediately.
If we get another slow start I’m going to go into full meltdown and I suspect. I won’t be on my Post Malone.

Easy from the outside looking in...but why wasn't Mills given 1-2 VFL games to sharpen up? Another to the long list of players brought back before they should be.

It wasn't even hindsight to think this, we were saying it at the time he was announced to be brought straight back in.

First time he is tested this season, yes we are still leading by 6 points but if he can’t get a tune out of the players against Port the alarm bells will be ringing. Don’t expect a 30 point win… any sort of win would do.

We can moan about injuries and all that well, the same happens to every team this season.

Last edited:
In spite of injuries we still have a strong list. Melican will be the biggest out IMO.

Slow starts are one thing but we've been found out.

Make the adjustments and we can come out on top. If we think the same tactics and ideas will start to work again just because we "try harder" we'll be caught out very quick

Is he giving a pre grand final speech before every game this year? I don’t understand how he is not getting the starts correct.

Also when it was clear that the dogs were killing our zone, why didn’t he try and make us go man on man. Would have made us more accountable for our direct opponent.

We must be the only team to a) not adjust to the spare behind the ball and b) deploy it successfully ourselves.

It's been going on since 2013/14 when we used to kick it to Josh Gibson for fun.

We must be the only team to a) not adjust to the spare behind the ball and b) deploy it successfully ourselves.

It's been going on since 2013/14 when we used to kick it to Josh Gibson for fun.
Even back to the Paul Roos days when they decided to put A spare in front of Hall vs Glass. Contributed to the 2006 gf loss

Another thing I noticed at the ground in Q1...despite English and one of the Dogs' tall defenders playing spare while we had the ball, they would counterattack and then suddenly have two spare forwards unmarked by us. How does that happen consistently? It's baffling to watch week in week out along with the slow starts.

First time he is tested this season, yes we are still leading by 6 points but if he can’t get a tune out of the players against Port the alarm bells will be ringing. Don’t expect a 30 point win… any sort of win would do.

We can moan about injuries and all that well, the same happens to every team this season.
Let's wait and see how the rest of the year unfolds. We have been hit with injuries and we are in a form slump. Looks like bad timing but we have time to get it back together again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back