Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably his worst game, but was still part of a defensive unit that kept the reigning premiers to 36 points.

Anyone else see his future on the Wing?
Definitely better suited to the wing. I have Quaynor with a bigger body and better tackler in that spot. With Murphy replacing Madgen and Keane eventually replacing Roughead

I can see a future for him on the wing for sure, but we are looking for run, carry and drive out of defense. IQ will be breathing down his neck for his spot and could overtake him. I am sure Noble will be better for the run and just needs to be stronger and harder to knock off the contest and be harder at the man.

I can see a future for him on the wing for sure, but we are looking for run, carry and drive out of defense. IQ will be breathing down his neck for his spot and could overtake him. I am sure Noble will be better for the run and just needs to be stronger and harder to knock off the contest and be harder at the man.

I actually see him like a Treloar replacement (ie: someone who runs forward from the centre clearances and uses speed to get the ball quickly into our front half)
He's not big but he's elusive enough to make some quick dashes forward from centre breaks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke has been in the AFL system for a year. With 7 games under his belt. Has done 1 pre-season. Lets give him time eh? lol
And what a preseason it has been.
The disruption after rd1 would have been easy for seasoned players, they know what was expected to keep at the peak. Young players would have struggled outside of the club environment.

And what a preseason it has been.
The disruption after rd1 would have been easy for seasoned players, they know what was expected to keep at the peak. Young players would have struggled outside of the club environment.
Correct. He even had Glandular fever during this covid shutdown period, but it hasn't hampered him at all. I read an article where he said he was lucky he didn't lose any weight/fitness.
Imagine with 1, 2 more pre-seasons? I feel we have yet to see the best of him!

I like Noble's speed and dash but he lacks penetration on his kicking. He is a good option on those troublesome small forwards as long as they aren't marking threats. But we have better players for that position and I believe he's a depth player

Why is playing before quaynor?

IQ had an interrupted preseason with hip surgery issues if I recall correctly. That gave Noble possession of the spot and he's really been playing well enough to hold it. I'm not sure 1 quiet game last week is enough to change that.

The bloke has been in the AFL system for a year. With 7 games under his belt. Has done 1 pre-season. Lets give him time eh? lol
Furthermore, those 7 games have been:
1. West Coast @ Perth, full house with our backs against the wall. Played splendidly on debut.
2. Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval, full house. Must win to make top four.
3. Essendon, full house at the MCG. Must win to make top four.
4. Qualifying final vs Geelong. Full house. Finals debut. He was playing SANFL no less than 3.5 months prior.
5. Preliminary final vs GWS, near full house. One of the tightest games congestion-wise you've ever seen and ever will see.
6. Western Bulldogs. Friendly game for him. That said, it was his first round one game after his first pre-season. Did fine.
7. Richmond, the reigning premiers. Incredible pressure team who didn't allow us any free run for three quarters.

And people are seriously questioning his running and composure after those few games. They're having a laugh.

IQ had an interrupted preseason with hip surgery issues if I recall correctly. That gave Noble possession of the spot and he's really been playing well enough to hold it. I'm not sure 1 quiet game last week is enough to change that.

Noted about IQ.

I haven't been a fan of Noble for a while. Has too many deer in the headlights moments for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back