Preview John Worsfold Medal - 2016 Winner - Luke Shuey!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lecras only finished 1 vote above Cripps, so nothing between them.
Hill also had a relatively poor season with some flashes of good form.

I would have thought some players like Tunbridge, Karpany or even Lamb could have been given a go when we were playing a bunch of rubbish sides.
But I do agree that we don't have players smashing down the door to take his place (which was my 2nd point - crap depth!).

Kennedy & Darling are great in finals (moreso Kennedy) - don't let 2 incidents by Darling cloud your judgement like everyone else!

I do agree the midfield needs to improve, but it's harsh to point out Gaff, Priddis and Shuey - they've just gone back to back top 5 finishes in B&F (Priddis been top 5 for five years in a row I think) and Gaff won our player of the finals (silly award this year). Gaff was also very good in our finals last year and one who could have held his head high after the GF.
Shuey was another standout in our finals and doesn't deserve any criticism for his efforts.

The issue isn't those 3, it's basically everyone else under them - Yeo, Masten, Jetta, Redden, Duggan, Sheed (has an excuse) and Hutchings who were 2nd rate this year and none would get a game at the Dogs or Sydney (maybe Sheed).

I agree with most of what you say, but think it's harsh to say NN, Gaff, Priddis and Shuey are to blame for our 2 final exits...

I love Shuey and think he is our only A grade mid, I agree these others get big numbers but we still get beaten in the midfield battle when they do play well. Now of course there is no one else at the minute so we have to wear it, probably like yourself and a many others we are hoping Sheed has a whole year next year, Redden gets back to what we know he can do and that will help a lot, not sure about Duggan as he is very slight but does show some signs. I like Tunbridge and just want him playing without the fear he will be dropped after one bad game, give him the first 6 rounds and let him settle in.

View attachment 297423
A toast for Luke "the people's champion" Shuey.

Was gonna do a short for Shuey but I just finished work and I don't like the idea of coffee grind and sweat tbh.
Should be standing your pot plant back up before drinking beer

not sure about Duggan as he is very slight

Agree pretty much with the rest of your post but wanted to comment on this.

Yes Duggan is relatively slight but he's still young (still hasn't turned 20) and he did put on some size last preseason as he was bigger this year when I saw him close up. Also at one of the games at East Perth this year I saw him sitting with his folks - Liam is a spitting image of his old man who actually had a pretty stocky (not fat) build so I have no fears that Duggan won't be able to add bulk to his frame as he gets older.

Calling it now - expect posts in January about how much size Duggan has put on and what a beast he's looking. He'll be bigger in 2017 and it'll be the breakout year we hoped was coming in 2016

Yes Duggan is relatively slight but he's still young (still hasn't turned 20) and he did put on some size last preseason as he was bigger this year when I saw him close up. Also at one of the games at East Perth this year I saw him sitting with his folks - Liam is a spitting image of his old man who actually had a pretty stocky (not fat) build so I have no fears that Duggan won't be able to add bulk to his frame as he gets older.

Calling it now - expect posts in January about how much size Duggan has put on and what a beast he's looking. He'll be bigger in 2017 and it'll be the breakout year we hoped was coming in 2016

He needs to if we are a chance. #pressureisaprivilege

Hope so mate, I like how he moves and yes he is young so he can bulk up a fair bit.

Tommy Barrass took his sister to the B and F, absolute champion. Don't think many players would do that. I know a few players who took their mum to the brownlow.

Tommy Barrass took his sister to the B and F, absolute champion. Don't think many players would do that. I know a few players who took their mum to the brownlow.
Definitely a legend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely a legend
2 legends in this photo :)
1RSIVx9.jpg

Shuey admitting to spending the last month pissed off. Excellent, excellent.

Seems like they thought they did enough last year and were content to have just made the GF

I can assure you that everyone is pissed off

If you happen to watch the blue carpet video on the Eagles website Shuey says it there too - there is a different mood this year. last year they were celebrating, this year they weren't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview John Worsfold Medal - 2016 Winner - Luke Shuey!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back