MVP John Worsfold Medal 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Priddis player of the finals? Hutchings best clubman?

Ok.. What's next, Marsden best tackler? Absolute trash.
Shuey best player of the finals and Petrie best Clubman should have been the way it went - not taking anything away from the eventual winners but just goes to show the match committee and whoever else did the voting knows nothing!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Struck me as a bit of a middle finger to his detractors. Says a bit about where the club is at.
I'm not sure if it is that (the club did basically ask him to retire).
But then you have players and even Simmo yesterday publicly saying that they have no idea why he's even retiring... So maybe there's a difference in opinions between certain people within the club. I still feel that the public's view of him contributed to his retirement, similar to Parto being given a debut despite Simmo saying that he's not ready yet.

In my opinion Priddis played very well against Port, but thought he was just average against GWS.
giphy.webp

But then you have players and even Simmo yesterday publicly saying that they have no idea why he's even retiring... So maybe there's a difference in opinions between certain people within the club. I still feel that the public's view of him contributed to his retirement, similar to Parto being given a debut despite Simmo saying that he's not ready yet.
Unfortunately for Priddis think it took him a fair while to get over his back surgery that he had in the off season. Priddis was playing his best football towards the end of the season but by that time the decision had been made to retire, rightly or wrongly. Have a feeling that Priddis was finding it harder and harder to get up again between games going by his body language and by some of his comments when asked "could he go on". Anyway I heard he's going to play Amateurs next year - Scarborough? He will be a valuable asset to whichever team it is.

Unfortunately for Priddis think it took him a fair while to get over his back surgery that he had in the off season. Priddis was playing his best football towards the end of the season but by that time the decision had been made to retire, rightly or wrongly. Have a feeling that Priddis was finding it harder and harder to get up again between games going by his body language and by some of his comments when asked "could he go on". Anyway I heard he's going to play Amateurs next year - Scarborough? He will be a valuable asset to whichever team it is.

Crickey could be a 100 possession game or two the guy is a ball magnet at AFL level just imagine in Amateurs .

I think Pridda is probably feeling a little used up by the club especially when they brought Mitchell over ( Which is great ) and made his position somewhat redundant and then a shock resignation . All didn't end as well as anyone would like ...that is Sport at the highest level I suppose .

Old news now ...we need to win our first ever trade week .

Wonder what the eligibility criteria for the rookie award actually is now... It used to be 10 games or less at the beginning of the year, with age possibly not an issue.
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-10-03/the-contenders-rookie-of-the-year
But this year, since Duggan already had 26 games at the start of the year, the rules were either changed, or they just didn't want to give it to Parto or Mutimer lol. I'm guessing it's 30 games or less now...

Last edited:
Wonder what the eligibility criteria for the rookie award actually is now... It used to be 10 games or less at the beginning of the year, with age possibly not an issue.
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-10-03/the-contenders-rookie-of-the-year
But this year, since Duggan already had 26 games at the start of the year, the rules were either changed, or they just didn't want to give it to Parto or Mutimer lol. I'm guessing it's 30 games or less now...
Think age comes into it as well as think Duggan is still only 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back