Jonathan Hay Trade ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interested as he fits an area of weakness for us. Don't know what we would give up for him. Perhaps first round draft pick? We struggle for mature big defenders. I don't know what players we would be willing to give up that the Hawks would be interested in.

Mme, Neil Danihar perhaps. Can you trade a coach. Seriously, I am not sure about Hay... he hasn't exactly set the Hawkes on fire and it would be too much like recruiting Holland again. :cool:

Armstrong and 2nd round pick sounds ok to me. Arma is about done his time with us but a change of scenery may do him good and I think and draft is supposed to be a bit thin this year. Hay is still only 26.

If you check the history of this board you'll see I've been keen on Hay since 2003.

I'd love to see him in the red and blue next season (much more than Big Red).

If we got Hay we could finally get a strong, experienced yet relatively young defender who has a fair bit of pace whilst keeping both Rivers and Ferg in our backline. All of a sudden we would have a strong group of key defenders.

As for what we'd give, here are some hypothetical offers:

Chris Heffernan and 3d or 4th rounder
Steven Armstrong and a 2nd rounder (as said before)
Clint Bizzell and a 3rd rounder

Thats about all I could think of atm.

I guess we'll have to wait for the silly season to start.

dees_best said:
If you check the history of this board you'll see I've been keen on Hay since 2003.

I'd love to see him in the red and blue next season (much more than Big Red).

If we got Hay we could finally get a strong, experienced yet relatively young defender who has a fair bit of pace whilst keeping both Rivers and Ferg in our backline. All of a sudden we would have a strong group of key defenders.

As for what we'd give, here are some hypothetical offers:

Chris Heffernan and 3d or 4th rounder
Steven Armstrong and a 2nd rounder (as said before)
Clint Bizzell and a 3rd rounder

Thats about all I could think of atm.

I guess we'll have to wait for the silly season to start.

I highly doubt Hawthorn would take those. The only one remotely close is Armstrong and a 2nd rounder, as Bizzell and Heffernan are of no value to them. Plus Bizzell, while atm out of form, is crucial to our back 6.

But then, I don't really want him. Ferguson and Rivers, with another season under their belts, have more experience and hopefully more muscle over the pre-season. We are better off without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bizzell would be worth more den armstrong. sure bizzell is much older but atleast he is prooven.

armstrong + 2nd rounder would be great for us, not givin up much and could quite possibly get a lot of value out of him.

remind me of his age please...26?

Jonathon Hay?

He had one outstanding season in 2001.

On field form and Off field issues equal a resounding NO.

Deestroy said:
Yep good call.
Great call Deestroy, remembering we used that 2nd round pick for Byron.

Now a tossup, Byron or Jon Hay, its a tough call, i might go with Hay, better foot skills :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Jonathan Hay Trade ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back