Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

My main gripe with JP: he uses too many words to answer questions (and maybe I dislike the Canadian accent), but that's a valid point now that you mention it. He's quite perceptive and I'd pay him more attention if he'd cut to the chase.
It's rather difficult to make the simple sound profound if you confine yourself to small portions.

His whole thing (or at least most of it) is pretending that he is deeply considering all positions and angles to ensure a thorough and thoughtful answer on all questions, even if they are as simple as "is being homophobic bad"

JP - "Well, what is "bad" and how does one define "bad" it really depends on the context of the reasoning...."

Nope, thats just bad, it aint ****ing rocket science JP but a bunch of people will pretend hes considerate and deep.

Fair warning if you catch up on his latest tweet you will see graphic fetish pr0n tweeted as Chinese torture and underage an girl topless for I have no idea why

So I saw a clip in which JP says that 80% of kids who are gender dysphoric won't be gender dysphoric by the time they are adults. I decided to look up this source and it's a real study and it's a study alright.

You'd think a guy who got a PhD could see the flaws in the experiment which are:
  • Including participants who had been “diagnosed” using differing criteria from DSM* IV & V - mixing up young people who had dysphoria, those that had only socially transitioned and those who were non conforming. (*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)
  • Treating those different participants as though they were all the same.
  • Counting participants who could not be contacted during follow up as having “desisted”
  • Counting participants who did not have dysphoria differently at the start and end of the study.

Truly an abomination against science...

But here's the best part... the same person who wrote that study, two years later would write a different one which said that 55% of people with gender dysphoria (which is still a flawed way to study it) would continue having it into adulthood whilst 45% were unknown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ****ing dumb campaigner.

342063359_100326883056911_4608510409180741109_n.jpg

There's one where he asks Bard a question about God or something. It gives him an answer he doesn't like.

He asks if it can answer in the way he wants it to. It obliges and Jorpy thinks he has outhunk a computer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back