Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

No issue has fried more right wing brains than trans rights.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Honestly I think they've found a topic where they get to be openly misogynistic and homophobic and we're just getting their uncensored thoughts about all women and queer people

Honestly I think they've found a topic where they get to be openly misogynistic and homophobic and we're just getting their uncensored thoughts about all women and queer people

Yep buts not just that. We’re seeing words like demonic and satanic come back into fashion.

Yep buts not just that. We’re seeing words like demonic and satanic come back into fashion.

Well they don't like change so why would they change their methods.

Same method they use anytime they attack anyone's rights

There was always a bubbling undercurrent on the conservative side of politics that gay rights had "gone too far" and the trans issue has given them an in to push back.

There was always a bubbling undercurrent on the conservative side of politics that gay rights had "gone too far" and the trans issue has given them an in to push back.
"Gay rights have gone too far" nek minnit outed as closeted hypocrite. All good though cause gay conversion therapy certified by Milo and by Ben's wife.

"Gay rights have gone too far" nek minnit outed as closeted hypocrite. All good though cause gay conversion therapy certified by Milo and by Ben's wife.
It's the close relation of "we don't mind you being gay as long as you don't rub our faces in it", whatever it is.

Worth watching again for when you see Mr Peterson defending Rusty Brand.

Jordan Peterson responds to guest Louise Perry's assertion that a positive byproduct of the sexual revolution is that r-pe became less of a property crime and more of a crime against a person. Peterson wants to push back on this slightly, because he thinks it's more complicated than that: "It isn't obvious to me that that offers women enough defense... in order for that to be recognized as a crime properly it has to be viewed as something that will bring the males on her side to her defense in principle."

What have Abbott and Howard created that's been of lasting value to the Australian community?
abbott -
pros - nothing, memes,
criticisms - boat stuff, climate change stuff
howard -
- ill give him flowers on gun control, gst (replaced like 15 state tax's), low debt 15% is unbelievable and this low debt allowed us to spend heavily in the gfc, people forget but through subsidies howard had built a handy solar industry (later destroyed by abbott), politically isolated pauline hanson,
critisms - boat people, eyebrows, indigenous stuff

abbott -
pros - nothing, memes,
criticisms - boat stuff, climate change stuff
howard -
- ill give him flowers on gun control, gst (replaced like 15 state tax's), low debt 15% is unbelievable and this low debt allowed us to spend heavily in the gfc, people forget but through subsidies howard had built a handy solar industry (later destroyed by abbott), politically isolated pauline hanson,
critisms - boat people, eyebrows, indigenous stuff

I see Howard a bit like Kennett in they actually do have some positive things they did (though a lot of negative).

Scomo and Abbott literally nothing. Turnbull can at least say gay marriage passed under his watch, but overall the 9 year LNP govt 13-22 was just an exercise in trying to do as little as humanly possible to govern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's the fundamental flaw in the progressive side is they think change is inherently good
Huh?

If there are big issues in the economy that require changed laws or intervention or cessation of government intervention, and the government has the power and resources to do those things, and the government does nothing, that's inaction.

I see Howard a bit like Kennett in they actually do have some positive things they did (though a lot of negative).

Scomo and Abbott literally nothing. Turnbull can at least say gay marriage passed under his watch, but overall the 9 year LNP govt 13-22 was just an exercise in trying to do as little as humanly possible to govern.
i feel like turnbull's legacy is hard to analyse. he was presiding over a divided party. he knew his party was divided. thus, if he wanted to push for things he was playing a dangerous game.

i feel like he did well to play the political game which resulted in gay marriage becoming legal. he also did it in a way which guaranteed the conservative couldn't mess with it.

furthermore, people also forget about this but, the mining boom had ended. australia's economy was rather sluggish. abbott had a budget which was rather extreme (think liz truss) and his arrival calmed everything down. causing the growth continued growth of the economy.

he was also the first prime minister to deal with trump and the poltical polarization of that time. i feel like we didn't become anywhere as divided politically during that time under his reign.

he was also in power for only 3 years.

Government isn't (or shouldn't) always be measured in what you change, that's the fundamental flaw in the progressive side is they think change is inherently good, it often is not. While Abbott didn't do a lot, he did stop the boats and presided over a period of substantial prosperity in 2013-2015. Likewise John Howard's years were golden. Scomo's sitting on his hands destroyed Australia through Covid and he deserved was ousted.

Howard and Costello turned windfall tax revenue from mining into recurrent middle class welfare.

You could pick six posters from Bay 13 and they’d do a better job than those two.

Howard and Costello turned windfall tax revenue from mining into recurrent middle class welfare.

You could pick six posters from Bay 13 and they’d do a better job than those two.
Very upsetting to find out I'm not even middle class!
I think I might have been once for about 12 months about 15 years ago but no longer

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back