Traded Jordan Lewis [traded to Melbourne with picks 57 and 68 for picks 48 and 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the issue is about the hawks supporters, I'd say it was more the phone call from Alastair Clarkson to Jordan Lewis.

After all his faithful service to the club, he thought he was getting the captaincy but he pretty much, Not to miss quote the great man Bill Lawry, got the old... "Got him, Gone! Yes.. Piss Off. Your Out"

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I just went through all this with another Dees supporter.
The Captaincy at Hawthorn is voted on by the players and coaches at the start of the year.
Hodge is the current captain and more likely than not the captain next year as well.
Assuming Hodge retires at the end of next year and it becomes available, even though technically it is every year with the process in place to vote for captain, and leadership group. As we all know Lewis wasn't even contracted for that year it "comes available".
Lewis was also one of 2 vice captains, the other Jarryd Roughead. So an expectation on moving from VC to C wouldn't really be warranted would it?
So please stop this made up nonsense about the captaincy.

To me, this is the most interesting trade in the whole trade week.

The hawks have said no to lewis leaving but lewis apparently wants out.

When was the last time the hawks lost someone they wanted to keep. However, if they do hold onto Lewis, how will it affect the dressing room.

Stunning situation at hand, imho.

When was the last time the hawks lost someone they wanted to keep. However, if they do hold onto Lewis, how will it affect the dressing room.

He is a professional. If he doesnt get the trade this year he will give his best next year then go as a Free Agent. Afterall, he has to convince Melbourne that he is still worth recruiting.

My reading/understanding of the situation is that hawks & lewy were happy to explore offers - Melbourne lowballed late last week & hawks changed their mind or tact. This is what Lewy got shitty about.

I will find it bizarre if we only receive a late pick given the above.

He is a professional. If he doesnt get the trade this year he will give his best next year then go as a Free Agent. Afterall, he has to convince Melbourne that he is still worth recruiting.
He may be a professional but he is also a human being. He has given everything to the Hawks. Do you honestly believe he will not be filthy not being allowed to take the 3 year deal at Melb after everything he has given the hawks.

I am not trolling the Hawks. I just find it quite fascinating.

He may be a professional but he is also a human being. He has given everything to the Hawks. Do you honestly believe he will not be filthy not being allowed to take the 3 year deal at Melb after everything he has given the hawks.

The club have said the discussion was about his retirement. I wonder if he honestly thought he would play forever? Otherwise, what does he actually have to be pissed off at?

The media have gone in to meltdown over something which most clubs would do with their older players. They owe Hawthorn a heap for keeping their jobs interesting over the post season.

Maybe it was for their benefit- our small forwards have suffered without Roughy. Anyone else available?

We thought about Tippet for all the assistance he has given Rioli and his career but Sydney wanted Spangher back- no deal!

Hawthorn know Tippett is more use to them playing for the opposition

My reading/understanding of the situation is that hawks & lewy were happy to explore offers - Melbourne lowballed late last week & hawks changed their mind or tact. This is what Lewy got shitty about.

I will find it bizarre if we only receive a late pick given the above.
How can you say we lowballed? If Sam Mitchell is worth pick 956, then Lewis isn't going to get you much better. Lewis is shitty that the Hawks tried to fob him off to GC as part of the O'Meara deal, and he wouldn't have any part of it.

The club have said the discussion was about his retirement. I wonder if he honestly thought he would play forever? Otherwise, what does he actually have to be pissed off at?

The media have gone in to meltdown over something which most clubs would do with their older players. They owe Hawthorn a heap for keeping their jobs interesting over the post season.
Is this the scenario?

Has Lewis been recently taken unders to keep the team together. Now he sees what new players (Vickery) are getting and he wants his final pay day. Melb offer a 3 year deal. He also sees Mitchell get his wish to leave on his terms.

If this is all true he has every right to be filthy.

How can you say we lowballed? If Sam Mitchell is worth pick 956, then Lewis isn't going to get you much better. Lewis is shitty that the Hawks tried to fob him off to GC as part of the O'Meara deal, and he wouldn't have any part of it.

We took 88 for Mitch as a one off to help him out.

Considering Lewis is same age, draft year and champion data ranking as Delidio, we'd be asking for a similar amount as to what Richmond is asking Geelong.

I just went through all this with another Dees supporter.
The Captaincy at Hawthorn is voted on by the players and coaches at the start of the year.
Hodge is the current captain and more likely than not the captain next year as well.
Assuming Hodge retires at the end of next year and it becomes available, even though technically it is every year with the process in place to vote for captain, and leadership group. As we all know Lewis wasn't even contracted for that year it "comes available".
Lewis was also one of 2 vice captains, the other Jarryd Roughead. So an expectation on moving from VC to C wouldn't really be warranted would it?
So please stop this made up nonsense about the captaincy.

Great culture, great colours, great club wow!

I'm particularly loving the new team song...

We're Not a happy team at Hawthorn
We are the Veteran Trading Hawks.
Umpires love our Club, and we cheat to win,
Trading our veterans with a grin (at Hawthorn).
Come what may, you'll find us selling
Salary Cap is the thing that talks,
One for all and None for one
Is the way we trade at Hawthorn.
We are the Premiership Captain/ 5 Time Best & Fairest Trading Hawks.

Hawthorn gave him 4 premierships. How about he show some loyalty instead of jumping ship at first opportunity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 post troll.
See you later moron.
Go and register another profile and username.

How clever.

Hawthorn gave him 4 premierships. How about he show some loyalty instead of jumping ship at first opportunity

Quite possibly the worst post of all time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do we not know know he has been showing loyalty by taking unders?

Also how do we know this is the first opportunity he has had to jump ship?

Also did the hawks just give him 4 premierships or in effect did he help to give hawks 4 premierships?

How do we not know know he has been showing loyalty by taking unders?

Also how do we know this is the first opportunity he has had to jump ship?

Also did the hawks just give him 4 premierships or in effect did he help to give hawks 4 premierships?
more the former than the latter. he's a good foot soldier, certainly nowhere near as good as their best players . I'm very confident they would have won every one of them without him. he's behaving as if he's michael jordan imo

more the former than the latter. he's a good foot soldier, certainly nowhere near as good as their best players . I'm very confident they would have won every one of them without him. he's behaving as if he's michael jordan imo

Nah be basically carried the team in the second half of the 2014 H+A season. You're underselling him quite a bit

Nah be basically carried the team in the second half of the 2014 H+A season. You're underselling him quite a bit
so you think:

(a) he's as good as franklin, roughead, rioli, mitchell, hodge, gibson; or

(b) they couldn't have won 4 flags without him?

Is this the scenario?

Has Lewis been recently taken unders to keep the team together. Now he sees what new players (Vickery) are getting and he wants his final pay day. Melb offer a 3 year deal. He also sees Mitchell get his wish to leave on his terms.

If this is all true he has every right to be filthy.

Im pretty sure they all took unders to win flags. And they won 3 of them while taking unders.

Still no deal announced?

FWIW...

UPDATE: HAWTHORN midfielder Jordan Lewis has officially requested a trade to Melbourne.

Lewis has told officials from the Demons and the Hawks that he wants to play for Melbourne coach Simon Goodwin next season.

The Hawks have agreed to grant his wish and will attempt to thrash out a suitable deal, bringing his sparkling 12-year career at Waverley to an end.

Melbourne and Hawthorn chiefs are meeting this afternoon to confirm the likely pick swap.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...l/news-story/ac4ac66276d2a67f7f93650eac260a53

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jordan Lewis [traded to Melbourne with picks 57 and 68 for picks 48 and 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back