Player Watch Jordan Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s no doubt he’s been recruited as a back up in case of Grundy being injured, as playing Cox in the ruck messes up our forward structure. He also gives some coverage down back.

Nice cheap recruit who as a bloke I’m told everyone loves.

Welcome to the Pies Jordy!

With Sam Rowe being delisted, would he have been a good back up and potential starter at FB? I’ve always liked how he went about it in defence.

Why would we want a Non-Best 22 Player from the Worst Team in the Comp?

Worst case the benefit is he makes our VFL team a 3-4 goal better team. We've certainly struggled for height at either end the past few years. Who knows had our VFL team managed to go 1-2 weeks deeper Reid and/or Moore may have been able to prove their fitness for the GF.

Worst case the benefit is he makes our VFL team a 3-4 goal better team. We've certainly struggled for height at either end the past few years. Who knows had our VFL team managed to go 1-2 weeks deeper Reid and/or Moore may have been able to prove their fitness for the GF.

Very Good Point. IF we did not Bomb out in Week 1 of Finals that Moore and Reid could play VFL then come in the AFL Side for Finals

I think this is a shrewd pick up. We get a player who can step in and cover key back, key forward or in the ruck for next to nothing. While he mightn’t Be first picked in any of those positions there aren’t too many players that can play all those roles at a reasonable standard.
We have two of them now with Darcy Moore returning from injury.

I’m surprised everyone sees him as depth.

At his best, he’s comfortably starting 22 in our very undersized backline. My assumption is, we believe we can get the best out of him and I expect him in the side Round 1.

Moore and Roughead instantly solve our height issue down back. Both are also surprisingly mobile for their size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At his best, he’s comfortably starting 22 in our very undersized backline. My assumption is, we believe we can get the best out of him and I expect him in the side Round 1.

Moore and Roughead instantly solve our height issue down back. Both are also surprisingly mobile for their size.
I’ve said it a few times but if someone like Roughead can hold down full back at least til Dunn is ready then I think we have a serious advantage with Moore out to CHB. I think he could turn into a true intercept weapon in that spot.

He's a poor defender, only can play the forward/ruck role.

Interesting we have heard nothing from him at all so far.

So when we might hear something from Jordan?
Our media guys are overworked, by the amount of content they have put out lately:eek: so who knows dave.

What did they mean Instead?

Roughy is a shocking defender , we having been crying out for a tall defender to play on the gorillas for years , if he was any where near good at it he would still be a Bulldog.
He has to be a back up ruck that can go forward or that's it.
He was epic through our 2016 finals campaign , when on song he can really clunk them.

Excellent pick up for you blokes , and as has been already said a quality guy and much loved by all at his former club.

Roughy is a shocking defender , we having been crying out for a tall defender to play on the gorillas for years , if he was any where near good at it he would still be a Bulldog.

If we can turn Mihocek from a VFL backman to a 29 goal player in his first year, it can't be that hard to turn Roughhead into a capable full back.

He's a poor defender, only can play the forward/ruck role.

So IF That the Case are we going to use him as Forward/2nd Ruck so Cox does not have to go in the Ruck and Hurt out Forward Structure?

Mihocek could always go to full back even though I love what he has brought to our forward line.
I have heard a lot of good forwards learn their craft quicker by playing defence. Maybe that applied to Mihochek. He is such a good kick for goal.

If Roughy can't play as a defender, he may be in for a tough time with us.

Good luck with your projects ;)
When he goes back he looks like he had just taken up footy the day before.

I had the same discussion with a die hard Doggies supporter on Sunday.

He laughed when I suggested he will be a backup in defense until Dunn is ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back