Confirmed Josh Battle [to Hawthorn as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

As supporters we should be asking the AFL for full transperency once & for all because it's not right all this secrecy just adds to the confusion come Free Agency... wouldn't expect a corrupt organization to come clean though...

It's been well established our offer is less than 900k and Cal Twomey has just said that the Giants will get band 1 aswell.

Looks like the threshold for Band 1 is less than 900k and not more as first anticipated.

AFL making rules as they go along nothing new here

Hawks shouldn’t have front ended the 6th year them champ 🧐

Why are Freo fans getting mad? It's not like any of their trades will be affected.
It does affect the Bolton trade, Richmond are even more likely to be uninterested in their pick 16 which does get slipped back with Levi, Lombard bids it's going to be 19-20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the speculation was his first few years are front ended so his AVG per year over 5 is higher than if you include the trigger years. AFL can add their herbs and spices and only consider first 5 in this case.

The short of it is, plenty of teams have benefited from free agency. Don't like it? Let's go back to trades being the only way players can move between clubs.

Or do a proper free agency…

Lose a player? Great - the reward is free cap space to go grab another FA.

The fact that 16 clubs are disadvantaged because Hawks signed a player is ludicrous.

Inventing imaginary picks makes no sense.

Especially when we know the AFL makes the formula up to give what they want.

Sure I can just see Richmond now think what was pick9 becoming 10 and 16 becoming pick 18 is just tops.

And these are live picks not picks that NgA embargoed

Your pick 9 is going to be like pick 14 this year. 16 will be about 21.

Or do a proper free agency…

Lose a player? Great - the reward is free cap space to go grab another FA.

The fact that 16 clubs are disadvantaged because Hawks signed a player is ludicrous.

Inventing imaginary picks makes no sense.

Especially when we know the AFL makes the formula up to give what they want.

RFA should have no compo.

Match the contract, or **** off

Sure I can just see Richmond now think what was pick9 becoming 10 and 16 becoming pick 18 is just tops.

And these are live picks not picks that NgA embargoed
I think they'll be OK with their other 43 first round picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Josh Battle [to Hawthorn as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back