Confirmed Josh Battle [to Hawthorn as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cal Twomey reckons clubs will come thick and fast for the pick (8). A bidding war would make things interesting.

Personally, I think we could do a lot worse than to trade back and split the pick. Have pick 7 and then 3 more picks in the 12-30 type range.

In particular it looks like a great draft in that range for key position talent. Maybe even grab both the Whitlocks. Or one of them and Dodson.

Christ. The rules are we don’t have access to Kako, Lombard and Ashcroft.
Everyone doesn’t have access and this known
Of course that dilutes the pool. But the AFL have two year in Row pulled a “value” out of their arse and given picks that aren’t justified.

This year it’s pushed pick for us back 4 times. 9, 10 and 16 twice.

So in affect our live picks are now worse.

but cant see that taking 3+ players out of the pool has an effect?.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgive me for the silly question here - but where did pick 8 come from?

I don't understand where the AFL get the compensation picks.
it's not designated as pick 8, it's band 1 Compensation

band 1 is directly after your 1st round pick
band 2 is the end of round 1
band 3 is directly after your 2nd round pick and so on

our 1st round pick is 7
band 1 compensation is pick 8

it's not designated as pick 8, it's band 1 Compensation

band 1 is directly after your 1st round pick
band 2 is the end of round 1
band 3 is directly after your 2nd round pick and so on

our 1st round pick is 7
band 1 compensation is pick 8
Is there a limit to this though?
If Tigers as spooners had lost a player like Battle who let's face it solid and not an elite - would they really be getting pick 2 as compo?

Seems bizarre that it was reported to be end of first round for the last 3 months.

Can only assume that him being on the young side played a significant role in the compo because it was widely reported that Hawthorn's offer was for less money.

Oh well, doesn't really effect the Hawks all that much. Would understandably be annoyed if I was a club with a pick shortly after the saints that got downgraded though.

Hawks will be sending their first rounder to West Coast anyway.

Cal Twomey reckons clubs will come thick and fast for the pick (8). A bidding war would make things interesting.

Personally, I think we could do a lot worse than to trade back and split the pick. Have pick 7 and then 3 more picks in the 12-30 type range.

In particular it looks like a great draft in that range for key position talent. Maybe even grab both the Whitlocks. Or one of them and Dodson.
1728026840291.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Josh Battle [to Hawthorn as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back