Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Why ?

Buddy got Hawks the best possible compo available
The Hawks had to match to get a better trade but didnt have the cap space

thats hardly buddy's fault
It wasn't the best possible compo. There is a clause for extraordinary contracts which allowed for extra compo, which $10m over 9 years obviously was.

It wasn't the best possible compo. There is a clause for extraordinary contracts which allowed for extra compo, which $10m over 9 years obviously was.
That " extraordinary contracts which allowed for extra compo," only applies to Geelong and Ablett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting aside what compo the Saints are going to get, Battle will still be on $850k or so a year and he’s probably not in the top 100 players in the AFL.
We have plenty of cap space so I imagine we will front load a fair portion.
If it is 850K per year, then dont be surprised if Josh is on the $$million$$ list next year or 2
Last 2 or 3 year could then be as low as 700K which is more than manageable on $18.44 million TPP in 2027

Personally i think the Band 1 compo should be for players that are on 5+ year contracts that are over $1 million
Richmond will most likely be in this same position next year with Noah Balta which will attract massive offers around
7 years $10 mil and Richmond will have a hard decision to make to match or let go

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back