Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said I rate Mitchell this was more directed at Hawthorn supporters , my only question is was this the right time to bring in two high priced mid twenties free agents that play similar positions or should they have waited 2-3 years when all your good young players are entering there prime ready to contend? Will this also limit what you can do moving forward I still believe Hawthorn are quality key forward short
I think it is, front end their contacts. The when our younger stars come up for contract we have the salary space. The time is now to put the chips all in and see the river

Like I said I rate Mitchell this was more directed at Hawthorn supporters , my only question is was this the right time to bring in two high priced mid twenties free agents that play similar positions or should they have waited 2-3 years when all your good young players are entering there prime ready to contend? Will this also limit what you can do moving forward I still believe Hawthorn are quality key forward short
Battle and Barrass will be there in tow years, Hawthorn made the eight on the bakc of our young players? Why wait 3 years when x player might not be there?

Why do Hawthorn need another KPF? We have Lewis, Chol, Dear. We need defenders not forwards.. hence going after Battle and Barrass

Battle and Barrass will be there in tow years, Hawthorn made the eight on the bakc of our young players? Why wait 3 years when x player might not be there?

Why do Hawthorn need another KPF? We have Lewis, Chol, Dear. We need defenders not forwards.. hence going after Battle and Barrass
Jumping in on the end of the convo, so without real context:

Lewis, Chol, Dear are not high-quality KPFs as it stands - of the three, Lewis is the closest, but will injury allow him???

Jumping in on the end of the convo, so without real context:

Lewis, Chol, Dear are not high-quality KPFs as it stands - of the three, Lewis is the closest, but will injury allow him???

We have 10 guys who can kick goals. Why have one star who can get double teamed and wont get soft frees during finals?

We became better when Buddy left.

Battle can also play forward making it even harder for oppositions to defend.

Have you watched us this year? Frost used to turnover at least once a game where the opposition then scored. Sometimes twice or 3 times.

This year he has gone 4 or 5 games in between screw ups. His improvement has been a major part of our defence being one of the best in the comp now.

Mitchell raves about him. And rightly so.

He is garbage. Watch him in finals pressure, he will revert to kind.

I know. Just like have some lols

Sarcastic Yes Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been wondering that myself if a secondary deal is being worked on

Why?

He in unrestricted. He wants to come to us based on the deal we have offered. So we give him that deal. The AFL then decides whether they want the Saints to have Band 1 or Band 2 compo.

Barrass is the interesting one because he has years left on his contract. The Eagles want good picks or players and dont want an older guy on their list for years when they are developing. They pretend he is required, we pretend to have our arm twisted and we make a deal.

Would probably have been easier with Simpson as coach but who knows.

I heard the hawks front ended it because the afl only take into account the first five year. I saw josh yesterday, still driving around in our sponsors car😂
But front ended it make more sense for the hawk because they will need to pay more kids in a couple of years

Contract was less then St Kilda's, which just hit Band 1

Would be surprised to hit give an immediate pick after yours, but after the stink Bassett kicked up

Might be gifted it
So if it's band two you'll come on here and gloat...

And if it's band one it's only because Bassatt sooked and not because you're overpaying him.

Sounds about right.

So if it's band two you'll come on here and gloat...

And if it's band one it's only because Bassatt sooked and not because you're overpaying him.

Sounds about right.
Widely reported we didnt pay as much as St Kilda
But your sourness is interesting to say the least
Hawks don't care about the pick, we wont have a first rounder

Upset at the truth?

Anyway, feel free to ignore me, its a pretty easy button to hit

Last edited:
It's obvious there should be no compo picks for losing a player to free agency. The compensation is the massive space in your salary cap. Getting a pick as well just punishes every other club.

It just doesn't work that way.

Could north bring players in
Could gold coast
Crows have too much cap space, but can't find players to come to them

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back