Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Bingo, precisely the point. 13th is a tricky number if you are not a flag team ready to pounce.

Hawks will get a much harder draw in 2025, a slip down the ladder will happen, they make a few quick trade shortcuts to squeeze the team upwards again in 2026 only to slip back down in 2027.

Essendon had been doing this for the better part of last 20 years and you don't want to be like essendon.

Proper rebuild means totally clear the list, bottoming for 5 years, stack the list with a bunch of top end talents then slowly getting back up to the bottom of midtable then launch from there.

We did this after 2022. There is even a 'Are Hawthorn tanking?' thread dedicated to it.

At least that's what everybody outside the Hawthorn bubble tried to tell us we were doing.

Interesting to hear that now we've suddenly improved that the history has been rewritten.

Bingo, precisely the point. 13th is a tricky number if you are not a flag team ready to pounce.

Hawks will get a much harder draw in 2025, a slip down the ladder will happen, they make a few quick trade shortcuts to squeeze the team upwards again in 2026 only to slip back down in 2027.

Essendon had been doing this for the better part of last 20 years and you don't want to be like essendon.

Proper rebuild means totally clear the list, bottoming for 5 years, stack the list with a bunch of top end talents then slowly getting back up to the bottom of midtable then launch from there.
Based on positions from last year, our double ups are:

Top 6 Collingwood, GWS
Middle 6 Geelong Adelaide
Bottom 6 Richmond North

That is effectively a middle 6 draw already

He's staying. Surprised they haven't announced it yet.
Cue automated responses. Hi this is the Hawthorn BigFooty community, we are not in right now, please leave a message after the beep, unless you are Josh Battle, in which case we just wanted to make it clear we never rated you, we don’t need you, our guys playing at Box Hill would be in front of you anyway and we are glad we saved that cash and preserved our place in the upcoming draft without a compo pick. And you are dead to us.😂

You just named teams instead of listing the premiership year and who they had cleared previously.

Geelong has been competitive since 2004 and Brisbane's permierships are in no part thanks to being stacked with talent due to the forced merger.

Errrr geelong built the premiership team from scratch by getting a generation crop of father son recruits from the early/mid 2000s. And we are not going into the salary cap manipulation with 3rd party deals involve real estate properties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith?

Staying. Bank it.
Maybe.

As of the start of the month I had it on very good authority that it was on a knife’s edge.

Maybe it has come far enough along that your opinion is that he stays. But I’m comfortable that it’s 60-40 Hawthorn right now.

Last edited:
For someone being offered a mil hypothetically I haven't seen much of this guy.
Sounds like a good player but not sure he's the position we need

However in saying that won't say no to a good player.

Thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back