Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

How funny would it be if Hawks did to St kilda what St Kilda did to Adelaide in the Brad Crouch deal

If Battle gleans Band 1 the FA is more ****ed than I thought.

Time for Laura to fix up the complete farce that is drafting, trading, FA compo. She's been very ordinary so far so over to you girly!

Don’t know if there is footage of battle getting on the nose beers
Ask Crouch im sure they have had 'sinner' a few times

But all jokes aside that really didnt effect what saints paid got him in the contract
It was what he was worth as a player and went to the highest bidder

Battle will leave but its not just cash but more coaching and where he see's both clubs

The whole free agency thing is ****ed. It was suppose to help the little teams but more often than not it’s the shit teams getting there players poached. That’s why they compo needs to stay but that also defeats the point of free agency. Classic afl trying to have it both ways. Just scrap it and if you want a play you have to trade for them

The melts from people in here.

The system is functioning exactly as it should.

Don’t ****ing poach bottom 4 sides best talent and top 3-4 picks won’t be awarded.

It’s there to prevent teams from being picked off continually and staying bottom 4 forever.

So for St Kilda to get overs is exactly as it should function.

In fact, I’d like to see a +20% loading on the compensation results for bottom 4 clubs losing any player to FA.

The servers might explode when people realize that Zurhaar is every chance to trigger Band 1 also.

He’s had a 5 x $750k deal from North on the table for 4 months and hasn’t signed it.

Collingwood will be offering more than that. And there’s every chance the AFL will be amending the formula to allow for tenure this period according to Twomey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t ****ing poach bottom 4 sides best talent and top 3-4 picks won’t be awarded.

It’s there to prevent teams from being picked off continually and staying bottom 4 forever.

In fact, I’d like to see a +20% loading on the compensation results for bottom 4 clubs losing any player to FA.

The servers might explode when people realize that Zurhaar is every chance to trigger Band 1 also.

He’s had a 5 x $750k deal from North on the table for 4 months and hasn’t signed it.

Collingwood will be offering more than that. And there’s every chance the AFL will be amending the formula to allow for tenure this period according to Twomey.
Hahaha damn I didn’t think of this. The melts would be all time if this happens

Band 1 for Zurhaar lol. The AFL really need to include next year's CBA increase into this year's FA compensation as clearly clubs are just using them early.

Band 1 for Zurhaar lol. The AFL really need to include next year's CBA increase into this year's FA compensation as clearly clubs are just using them early.

They are.

The Band 1 threshold was $750k, it’s probably $850-$900k now.

If they bring contract tenure into the formula, it’s likely to reduce the amount required per year to slot into the top 40 contract rankings.

They are.

The Band 1 threshold was $750k, it’s probably $850-$900k now.

If they bring contract tenure into the formula, it’s likely to reduce the amount required per year to slot into the top 40 contract rankings.
Are you sure? Some here are saying the AFL isn't, Collingwood offering $850-900K for Zurhaar is crazy money and McKay's was $850K last year so it will need to be $950-1M for band 1 with the CBA.

Last edited:

He will get band 2 in the event he leaves.

Are you sure? Some here are saying the AFL isn't, Collingwood offering $850-900K for Zurhaar is crazy money and McKay's was $850K last year so it will need to be $950-1M for band 1 with the CBA.

The Band 1 threshold was $750k last year.

McKay being paid $850k was also stated by Twomey and Co to have been well inside the top 44 contracts to trigger Band 1, hence why people still complaining about it to be quite bizarre.

Compensation has nothing to do with playing ability.

It’s about what someone is prepared to pay.

Plenty of journo’s are predicting the new Band 1 threshold to be around $850-$900k mark.

McKay is irrelevant, because he covered the mark easily.

What you are ignoring is the fact for potentially $50-$100k in additional TPP salary, Collingwood will probably have to fork out a similar package to what they did with Schultz. Zurhaar is a RFA and North will match Band 2.

With pick purchasing coming in, what do you imagine a F1 and F2 to be worth? It will be a hell of a lot more than $50-$100k in annual TPP space.

So North matches and Collingwood have to use their own picks rather than AFL picks invented out of fresh air.

All for $50-$100k

You see where this is going don’t you?
I can see you hoping and putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

He is a restricted free agent. It will be the same as the Gresham scenario last year. Band 2 in a take it or leave it scenario.

You’ll take it and get p19 - there won’t be a trade or he will stay. Which is probably likely.

I can see you hoping and putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

He is a restricted free agent. It will be the same as the Gresham scenario last year. Band 2 in a take it or leave it scenario.

You’ll take it and get p19 - there won’t be a trade or he will stay. Which is probably likely.

I notice you have added 2+2 and determined it is zero.

There is no take it or leave it…

In that scenario we match and force Collingwood to offer up a similar package to Lachie Schulz.

Which will cost them their F1 as an absolute minimum.

Unless you think Collingwood will just walk him to the PSD and refuse weeks of negotiations? lol. For a player they are reportedly offering 6 years to and what would have to be somewhere above the North offer of $750k per year?….

Your reasoning is pure copium

Last edited:
I notice you have added 2+2 and determined it is zero.

There is no take it or leave it…

In that scenario we match and force Collingwood to offer up a similar package to Lachie Schulz.

Which will cost them their F1 as an absolute minimum.

Unless you think Collingwood will just walk him to the PSD and refuse weeks of negotiations? lol. For a player they are reportedly offering 6 years to and what would have to be somewhere above the North offer of $750k per year?….

Your reasoning is pure copium
I literally gave you an identical comparison with Gresham and Essendon.

I said you would get a first round pick - albeit end of first round.

You for some reason think you are either getting Band 1 compo or the pies are going to trade a future first.

Neither will happen.

I literally gave you an identical comparison with Gresham and Essendon.

I said you would get a first round pick - albeit end of first round.

You for some reason think you are either getting Band 1 compo or the pies are going to trade a future first.

Neither will happen.

It’s far from identical.

St Kilda finished 6th last year.

With all the academy bids and compo picks, a Band 1 pick for Gresham would have been Pick 19.

A potential North Band 1 result would be in the top 5 picks and likely completely unaffected by any Academy or FS bids.

There’s a far greater incentive for North to threaten to match a bid and force Collingwood to part with draft capital than there was with St Kilda and Gresham.

Either way, this is a very moot point, Zurhaar is extremely close to the Band 1 threshold anyway.

What is Collingwoods offer in your opinion if a trade is forced?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back