Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think you have a team that can win a premiership against North? Given the trajectory that North are going to have in the next 5 years.
Yes. Because they are north. After turning over our list 3 years ago we are on 44 points they are on 8. You place a lot of faith in their drafting and shinbegging. Rebuilds hardly ever work.

Yes. Because they are north. After turning over our list 3 years ago we are on 44 points they are on 8. You place a lot of faith in their drafting and shinbegging. Rebuilds hardly ever work.
I don't know, Sheezel, McKercher and Wardlaw are three stars that you could win multiple premierships with. Larkey is very good as well, only real piece they are missing is KPD. They won't be shit next year.

Hawks were building this list in the background at Box Hill while still being competitive with some of the older stars. I think Hawks went the right way about turning a list over and North just culled theirs because of some bad advice.

Is Wardlaw going to be playing in 5 years

7 concussions so far 2 years into a career

Mckercher will be captain of Tasmania
Wardlaw will be fine and will turn into the next Cripps and why would McKercher leave a rabble on the way up for another rabble? Evidence shows that if you don't get good footing in the first two years of coming into the AFL then you have no chance. GWS are the poster boys and GC are the cautionary tale. So McKercher to Tassie isn't a done deal if they turn into GC.

Wardlaw will be fine and will turn into the next Cripps and why would McKercher leave a rabble on the way up for another rabble? Evidence shows that if you don't get good footing in the first two years of coming into the AFL then you have no chance. GWS are the poster boys and GC are the cautionary tale. So McKercher to Tassie isn't a done deal if they turn into GC.
List build will be completely different

Senior players will be traded in to start the team up

Mckercher will be one

Will Wardlaw be fine?
Fair few concussions for a 20 year old

List build will be completely different

Senior players will be traded in to start the team up

Mckercher will be one
That's questionable, I think it will depend on coach and administration if senior players would want to go there. Plus North will get high draft picks for him and go on sell them for ready made players to replace or go youth. McKercher is only a small piece of the Kangas puzzle.
Will Wardlaw be fine?
Fair few concussions for a 20 year old
he will need to change his game a little but that can be tweaked in the off season. And also, we have no idea the severity of the concussions, they might be low grade and don't impact him very much. Only Wardlaw and Kangas medical group would know that information.

Is this the Josh Battle thread?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This current Hawks side has achieved nothing yet. Maybe just focus on enjoying the season rather than gloating and trash talking smaller clubs, a little bit of humility might not go astray.
Its unreal isn't it.

You'd think they'd be stoked with how much their team has improved, and be content with entering the trade season as a more attractive target than they have in recent years.

And yet here they are, carrying on like they're some league juggernaut that hasn't depended on the largesse of the Tasmanian Govt for two decades.

What a weird set of units.

Its unreal isn't it.

You'd think they'd be stoked with how much their team has improved, and be content with entering the trade season as a more attractive target than they have in recent years.

And yet here they are, carrying on like they're some league juggernaut that hasn't depended on the largesse of the Tasmanian Govt for two decades.

If you want to complain about Hawthorn

Go to another thread

This is about Josh Battle

Got to love Hawk supporters. In one breathe, he not worth a whole heap and then in another, he is a versatile walk up best 22 player. If I were Battle and believed that my supporter based said that about me, I wouldn't go anywhere near them but it's a business and you go where the money is.

If you were a professional AFL player, you would trawl BigFooty and base your decision (one that will impact your future and your family) on a few supporters posting anonymously online??

Really?!

Its unreal isn't it.

Saints win if he stays, Saints win if he goes. I'd like him to stay, but he should do what is right for him.

Hawks fans gloating like they're suddenly a destination club is amusing. Overdosing on the bathwater in real time.

No more off topic posts thanks.
Stick to Josh Battle. Cards will be next.

now this thread be silent as all the trolls jump off. :D

there isnt any josh battle things that hasn't been said the last 30 pages. if i had to put money on it, hes gone as by this time any half decent FA already signed up.

Real question is will there be anyone coming in with an offer the final hours. we know so far is either hawks or saints. If dogs are interestd in barrass, why not ask the question of battle.

now this thread be silent as all the trolls jump off. :D

there isnt any josh battle things that hasn't been said the last 30 pages. if i had to put money on it, hes gone as by this time any half decent FA already signed up.

Real question is will there be anyone coming in with an offer the final hours. we know so far is either hawks or saints. If dogs are interestd in barrass, why not ask the question of battle.
they will have to be careful re bailey smith compo i guess,but they do need a defender for sure,unless its a case of"in the lobbster we trust"

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back