Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is why I said at least McKay is a 202cm KPD so it's no surprise they get paid overs. Also, $850K this year isn't that much given the significant increase in CBA. This is equivalent to $750K next year so his contract isn't even at the top end of players, arguably Essendon didn't overpay for him.
battle 9 months younger,118 games to 89 debuting same year,battle has been thrown forward with success & was lauded for one game when forced to ruck all day,can mckay do any of that stuff?well this year he hasnt got injured at least

so hawks get an extra reason to play 1 ruck only(Meek),a 4th defender that can be effective moved into another position,especially to kick goals and clunk a mark up forward & a player with no injury history to speak of

thats why he is worth 6x 850k to us & probably more to the hawks to pry him out

selective statistician,we are onto you already

battle 9 months younger,118 games to 89 debuting same year,battle has been thrown forward with success & was lauded for one game when forced to ruck all day,can mckay do any of that stuff?well this year he hasnt got injured at least

so hawks get an extra reason to play 1 ruck only(Meek),a 4th defender that can be effective moved into another position,especially to kick goals and clunk a mark up forward & a player with no injury history to speak of

thats why he is worth 6x 850k to us & probably more to the hawks to pry him out

selective statistician,we are onto you already
I search for similar KPD on afl.com.au to compared Battle's defensive metric as he is listed as a KPD (do you want to contact them to change this lol), $850K is worth $750K before the significant CBA increase so that's around his worth.

I search for similar KPD on afl.com.au to compared Battle's defensive metric as he is listed as a KPD (do you want to contact them to change this lol), $850K is worth $750K before the significant CBA increase so that's around his worth.
so he is a 193cm kpd that can win his position week in week out,pinch hit in ruck,or for a whole game if forced,be thrown forward to clunk a mark and kick a goal and has proven very durable,mckay is a 202cm kpd one trick pony who has an extensive injury history,that earned his former club band 1,whats your point?

so he is a 193cm kpd that can win his position week in week out,pinch hit in ruck,or for a whole game if forced,be thrown forward to clunk a mark and kick a goal and has proven very durable,mckay is a 202cm kpd one trick pony who has an extensive injury history,that earned his former club band 1,whats your point?
My point is McKay wasn't worth band 1, $850K is equivalent to $750K before the significant CBA increase so he wouldn't have receive a band 1 compensation with that contract this year so Essendon didn't overpay for him but at least he is a 202cm KPD.

My point is McKay wasn't worth band 1, $850K is equivalent to $750K before the significant CBA increase so he wouldn't have receive a band 1 compensation with that contract this year so Essendon didn't overpay for him but at least he is a 202cm KPD.
well fact is he still triggered it and re battle,it only matters what he and hawthorn are thinking,then ultimately the afl,from all accounts we have offered what we feel he is worth and as an ufa its now out of our hands,but guys more qualified than any of us have labelled him a band 1 watch,so sit back and errrr"watch"

How can you say he wins his position?

His one on one and spiking numbers are pretty bad.

He's small, and he doesn't have a one wood of something that he does exceptionally. He's a good solid player

He triggered it for the same reason Frawley triggered it.

They needed to give a club a priority pick but didn't want to be seen giving one.

What's with the pissing contest

Hawks will get Battle
Saints will get Band 1

Both are locks, and both clubs will be happy with the result
Why is band 1 a lock, may I ask?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're worried about missing out on Draper, aren't you?!
You don't care your picks gets pushed down for someone like Battle??? Every supporters outside of North were pissed off McKay was offer band 1 last year. Just offer him enough to not trigger a band 1 compensation and he will still choose the Hawks as there's no way the Saints will offer him $950K.

oh no just when things couldnt get worse yoda is back,my goodness,he must have spent the whole off season on the saints board last year,convincing us shiel was a great get for our compensation pick for gresham,then when it didnt happen he disappeared like a fart in the wind

at least he has started with a fair enough opinion on the battle issue,quit while your ahead yoda
ive jus realised how gutless you are if you couldn't even tag me

jog on

hand balling isn't his job my friend

stopping his opponent, occasionally taking a mark is his job. you listen to David King too much. Try listening to Luke Hodge some more

He handed Keays 2 of his goals. It was a terrible game even if he did take a couple of good marks.

Battle is a better player than McKay. Im glad McKay turned us down. He is a slow plodder and our team is all about speedy ball movement.

Battle has flexibility too. He can ease the pressure on Sicily or go forward and kick goals.

For those arguing 5 or 6 years, the obvious answer is 5 years with triggers for a 6th.

My source close to Battle told me we offered 6 yrs at 5m a month ago, since that time St Kilda upped their offer and so have we.

Deal will be done, all parties walk away happy.
Ok, not sure if that triggers band 1. Only the AFL would know where they want that to land.

ive jus realised how gutless you are if you couldn't even tag me

jog on
troll on yoda,hows shiel going?give essendon a pick in the teens for him is a great deal,lol,now you will spend the next 6 weeks to 2 months refusing to get your head around this battle business,as you couldnt see past saints give up pick 13 or 14 for a 31yo crock and his bloated salary

some whispers we might be silly this year again,but dont try to convince grownups & keep at it,probably a few dumbasses on every teams board,but shiel for pick 14 and trying non stop for weeks to convince grown men thats a great deal,geez,lets see if you can let this battle thing go

saints hawks battle,you concentrate on avoiding the embaressment of your team not making finals with that soft fixture-jog on

ps wouldnt even know how to tag,so never entered my mind

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024] “Make me a Hawk”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back