Coach Josh Carr - Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would make such a promise though? I'd love to think it was true. Suppose though that Hinkley jags a premiership, or even gets us to a grand final next year. Are they really going to be get rid of Hinkley then to keep that promise? That would be almost unprecedented.

Do you mean this is a promise that Hinkley is aware of or one that Carr is meant to keep secret from Hinkley?

I do agree though that is rare for an assistant coach to transfer to another team and take on exactly the same role, certainly one with ambition who is looking for advancement.

Is it actually rare? Assistant coaches shuffle sideways all the time, especially when they are looking to get home. Carr might be from WA but he moved back the first time to play with his brother, and the second time to further his coaching cv but keeps finding a way back to Alberton. Ever thought he just likes it here, and his wife does too because she is from Adelaide?

Could be reading way too much into this. Schofield did the same thing in reverse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Josh Carr might not make a good AFL coach, he might be a short term coach, but one thing a Josh Carr side will not be accused of, is being flakey.

The sad part is Ken has nothing to do with recruiting and approaching and building his coaching staff, he is busy doing something else- maybe greyhounds. Imagine the great coaches not building their own team- never. The good news is Josh is a club appointment and has no loyalty to Kenny. Ken is a dead man walking

I'm sure he does but I also think if he has a choice of a job at Port or Freo he'd choose Port everyday of the week even without a dangling carrot.

Reading the Freo board is interesting. For all we know his papers there might've been stamped. Virtually no-one on there is

bemoaning his leaving in fact quite the opposite. I'm not staking a POV coz I don't know anything about his coaching style.

I get the misty eyed nostalgia but it's a wait n see from me. To see him as coach in waiting snapping at Donut's heels might be premature.

Reading the Freo board is interesting. For all we know his papers there might've been stamped. Virtually no-one on there is

bemoaning his leaving in fact quite the opposite. I'm not staking a POV coz I don't know anything about his coaching style.

I get the misty eyed nostalgia but it's a wait n see from me. To see him as coach in waiting snapping at Donut's heels might be premature.
It's not unusual to see supporters bag assistant coaches on the way out to make themselves feel better. If Carr was running Freo's midfield, then he seemed to do a decent job of it.

I like Josh but yea it's a wait & see for me, are we really in the position to line someone up under Donuts instead of a thorough nationwide search when the time comes? I think not.

We do this with nearly every assistant that leaves. Schofield one of rare exceptions, but only because I think he had been put on such a pedestal it was hard to back flip on that.

I like Josh but yea it's a wait & see for me, are we really in the position to line someone up under Donuts instead of a thorough nationwide search when the time comes? I think not.

Maybe a bit of insurance, perhaps he wanted to come back here too for family reasons.

Who might be looking for a coach next year do you think, maybe after this years changes not many at all.

Maybe Footscray, Brisbane or West Coast?

Hinkley gone by mid season
Carr then gets to audition for the position as head coach for remaining games
While the club looks at other options as well
Cornes and Bass contracts run out so new coach can bring in new assistance

It’s a nice thought that its a succession plan because it puts a clear ending to hinkleys tenure, but I doubt the club would’ve shoe horned the next senior coach without going through a process and looking at multiple candidates.

It’s a nice thought that its a succession plan because it puts a clear ending to hinkleys tenure, but I doubt the club would’ve shoe horned the next senior coach without going through a process and looking at multiple candidates.

“We conducted an extensive international search only to find that the best candidate was under our noses all along.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who believes Carr will have any significant input into the team dynamic is being a trifle fanciful.
It's Ken's way - or the highway.

The thought of having Josh coaching guys like Drew, JHF and Butters in the guts has me really excited to see how he rubs off on those guys. Drew because he needs to take that next step and JHF and Butters because they already have some of that real competitive, mongrel attitude that Carr exhibited in his playing days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Josh Carr - Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back