Josh Carr To Port??

Remove this Banner Ad

Toots Hibbert said:
A player can be traded when contracted provided he agrees to the trade. If it's true that Josh is interested in coming home to Port the only thing standing in the way would be how realistic Freo would be in the trade talks.

Maybe even a double trade of Matthew and Josh Carr for say Jacob Surjan and Damon White plus a third round draft pick?

Why not chuck in a bag of chips. It'd double what you've got on the table now. Fair dinkum.... :rolleyes:

WE gave up what? 3 players for J Carr. I think we would want at least 2 in return. Perhaps Dom Cassisi and a 2nd rounder or Damon White and Ports top two picks.
But anyway, like it going to happen us giving up Josh. touch wood.

docker_azza said:
Why arent there any other sites reporting the same rumour?.

I don't know about many sites reporting it but i've just had a look at the Herald Sun article & i think that he might leave Freo as well as other star players.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16775146%5E19742,00.html

Fremantle still has a way to go
01 October 2005 Herald Sun
Mike Sheahan

THE Fremantle players are angry. Yes, a trifle late, but promising, at least, for the immediate future.

They have vented their anger and frustration in the club's extensive internal review of the disappointing 2005 season.

It was seen by many, from the top down, as yet another wasted opportunity, with the Dockers finishing 10th with 11 wins.

Coach Chris Connolly is believed to have been the target of stinging criticism from a significant section of the player group, but will coach again in 2006.

Regardless of the fact Connolly is contracted for two more years, his future will be determined next year.

Fremantle has finished ninth and 11th since playing its only final in 2003.

Connolly's record from four seasons is 45 wins from 89 games, fractionally better than 50 per cent.

While the Dockers were hit hard by injuries this year – 18 listed players had a total of 25 operations – the time for excuses has expired.

Time is running out for Peter Bell, Shane Parker and Troy Cook, while Matthew Pavlich, Josh Carr, Paul Hasleby and company simply want to play finals.

Skipper Bell is believed to be particularly frustrated, wondering when his team finally will realise its potential.

There is a belief within the club it should have achieved much more, but the Dockers' best and worst is poles apart.

They were good enough to beat Melbourne at the MCG, and Geelong at Skilled Stadium, yet struggled repeatedly at Subiaco Oval.

Changes are already afoot, with up to three expected in Connolly's support panel.

Chris Waterman is tipped to take the Peel Thunder coaching position, and there is speculation on the future of Kelly O'Donnell and Simon Eastaugh.

Bell's manager Ron Joseph is flying to Perth today but he said last night his trip had nothing to do with anything that might be going on at Freo.

What compounds the problem for Connolly is the broad expectation pre-season in 2002 that Fremantle had a brighter future than West Coast.

John Worsfold's Eagles have played finals every year since, reaching the Grand Final this year, while Connolly's Dockers have made the finals just once, when they were belted by Essendon at Subiaco in the first elimination final of 2003.

It promises to be a testing summer for everyone at Fremantle, the administration included.

Chairman Rick Hart and chief executive Cameron Schwab extended Connolly's contract early this year in the interests of stability.

That decision assures Connolly's future in the short term, but another finish outside the eight will bring change.

That's as sure as the arrival of the Fremantle doctor.

PAUL Medhurst and James Walker yesterday signed to remain with the Dockers for the next two seasons.

----------------------------------------------------------

So if you go by that article then if your team doesn't start making & winning finals you may lose Pavlich, Carr, Haselby.

pest said:
WE gave up what? 3 players for J Carr. I think we would want at least 2 in return. Perhaps Dom Cassisi and a 2nd rounder or Damon White and Ports top two picks.
But anyway, like it going to happen us giving up Josh. touch wood.
There's a couple of things about your post that need to be pointed out.

You say you gave up 3 players for Carr and you want at least 2 in return. That fits the fine tradition of Freo trading. :p

Dom Cassisi doesn't want to go to Freo and as he's contracted he cannot be made to go. Anyway we like the Dominator. He's coming along nicely under Choco's guidance just like Josh Carr did.

In all seriousness I don't know if there's any fire where the smoke is. I think you can stop worrying for now though.

Mr Magoo said:
I don't know about many sites reporting it but i've just had a look at the Herald Sun article & i think that he might leave Freo as well as other star players.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16775146%5E19742,00.html

Time is running out for Peter Bell, Shane Parker and Troy Cook, while Matthew Pavlich, Josh Carr, Paul Hasleby and company simply want to play finals.

So if you go by that article then if your team doesn't start making & winning finals you may lose Pavlich, Carr, Haselby.

So that quote means that hey? Grab a brain.... please.

One line out of a post season puff piece means Josh Carr wants to leave.

Mr Magoo said:

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16775146%255E19742,00.html

Fremantle still has a way to go
01 October 2005 Herald Sun
Mike Sheahan

THE Fremantle players are angry. Yes, a trifle late, but promising, at least, for the immediate future.

They have vented their anger and frustration in the club's extensive internal review of the disappointing 2005 season.

It was seen by many, from the top down, as yet another wasted opportunity, with the Dockers finishing 10th with 11 wins.

Coach Chris Connolly is believed to have been the target of stinging criticism from a significant section of the player group, but will coach again in 2006.

Regardless of the fact Connolly is contracted for two more years, his future will be determined next year.

Fremantle has finished ninth and 11th since playing its only final in 2003.

Connolly's record from four seasons is 45 wins from 89 games, fractionally better than 50 per cent.

While the Dockers were hit hard by injuries this year – 18 listed players had a total of 25 operations – the time for excuses has expired.

Skipper Bell is believed to be particularly frustrated, wondering when his team finally will realise its potential.

There is a belief within the club it should have achieved much more, but the Dockers' best and worst is poles apart.

They were good enough to beat Melbourne at the MCG, and Geelong at Skilled Stadium, yet struggled repeatedly at Subiaco Oval.

Changes are already afoot, with up to three expected in Connolly's support panel.

Chris Waterman is tipped to take the Peel Thunder coaching position, and there is speculation on the future of Kelly O'Donnell and Simon Eastaugh.

Bell's manager Ron Joseph is flying to Perth today but he said last night his trip had nothing to do with anything that might be going on at Freo.

What compounds the problem for Connolly is the broad expectation pre-season in 2002 that Fremantle had a brighter future than West Coast.

John Worsfold's Eagles have played finals every year since, reaching the Grand Final this year, while Connolly's Dockers have made the finals just once, when they were belted by Essendon at Subiaco in the first elimination final of 2003.

It promises to be a testing summer for everyone at Fremantle, the administration included.

Chairman Rick Hart and chief executive Cameron Schwab extended Connolly's contract early this year in the interests of stability.

That decision assures Connolly's future in the short term, but another finish outside the eight will bring change.

That's as sure as the arrival of the Fremantle doctor.

PAUL Medhurst and James Walker yesterday signed to remain with the Dockers for the next two seasons.

Hahahahaha

You idiot.

Maggie Ted said:
Just heard whispers on radio that Josh Carr is not entirely happy about his footy situation. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that he would return to Port Adelaide??
The rumours about Josh Carr not being happy have been around for ages. He doesn't look happy and the occasional fan reports that he isn't that friendly.

I wouldn't mind if he left. From a team perspective, he didn't add a great deal to Freo this year, and we are paying him top dollar. He's a fine player but we still get killed at the clearances and that's supposed to be where he excels.

The up-side of him leaving from a club perspective would be to confirm the rumours that players aren't happy, and start to get something happening within the club. The club says everything is rosy between coach and players but the press is quite resolute in saying they're not. Brad Hardie is almost libellous in the comtempt he has for Schwab basically inferring he is a liar. I've heard rumours that Schwab only allows the changes he is comfortable with. Somethings going on and there needs to be some kind of circuit breaker. Josh Carr leaving because he isn't happy would at least lift the veil.

legends2004 said:
Apart from that Carr is unhappy at Freo and his girlfriend wants to come back to Adelaide.

That is a worry.

Blokes have a habit being led around once the nose ring is attached.

If it is the case then I expect we will lose Josh in the near future.

Maybe he's figured out that playing at Fremantle is quite different to playing at East Fremantle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nearly everyone realises Connolly is a dud except for Hart and Schwab. Unfortunately half the players could ask for a trade and those 2 still wouldn't sack their mate.

Since everyone seems to be talking crap, i thought i would throw my two cents in.
Pettigrew for Gilmore and pick 42
Barry Brooks for pick 74

Its pretty frustrating all this talk about Carr and now today about Dunn(whether its true or not)

Wouldnt happen at any other club I reckon

BB gun said:
Since everyone seems to be talking crap, i thought i would throw my two cents in.
Pettigrew for Gilmore and pick 42
Barry Brooks for pick 74
I hope you realise Barry Brooks is no longer with Port but is at St Kilda.

raffrox said:
So that quote means that hey? Grab a brain.... please.

One line out of a post season puff piece means Josh Carr wants to leave.

I'm sorry i forgot i have to speak really, really slowly for you to understand me. Now what it means is that your team will lose players because -

1 - Fremantle rarely makes the finals & when they do manage to play in a final they lose.
2 - Why would any reasonably good players stick around & play at your club when they can go to a more promising team such as Port Adelaide (we have played in the finals for the last 5 years) & by doing that they have a better chance of playing in & winning a premiership.

Just out of curiousity then was you at the round 22 clash when Port won & i noticed that as the final siren went Carr looked straight over to his former team mates & was probally thinking what a huge mistake in leaving Port after all he had just played in a winning grand final last year & he'll be lucky to play in any finals at freo.

Mr Magoo said:
I'm sorry i forgot i have to speak really, really slowly for you to understand me. Now what it means is that your team will lose players because -

1 - Fremantle rarely makes the finals & when they do manage to play in a final they lose.
2 - Why would any reasonably good players stick around & play at your club when they can go to a more promising team such as Port Adelaide (we have played in the finals for the last 5 years) & by doing that they have a better chance of playing in & winning a premiership.

Just out of curiousity then was you at the round 22 clash when Port won & i noticed that as the final siren went Carr looked straight over to his former team mates & was probally thinking what a huge mistake in leaving Port after all he had just played in a winning grand final last year & he'll be lucky to play in any finals at freo.
How ironic

Mr Magoo said:

Uh huh. Let us know know when your common sense regains control over your ego and we'll talk footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Carr To Port??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back