Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

You're talking about different games.

giphy.gif

Remarkable 🤩 turn around from playing 17 games in his first 3 seasons… where he would show glimpses but lack consistency, pace, run, confidence etc

And subsequently being written off by some (myself included) as a long term player, let alone a future premiership player, All Australian and Copeland trophy winner 🤩

That 2019-2020 preseason where he hired a running coach and worked his guts out… that changed everything. He then went on to have a break out 2020 and has not looked back

Great story that’s not remotely over with yet.

By the end of his career he and Nick will go down as one of the best brothers combination in history 💪

Remarkable 🤩 turn around from playing 17 games in his first 3 seasons… where he would show glimpses but lack consistency, pace, run, confidence etc

And subsequently being written off by some (myself included) as a long term player, let alone a future premiership player, All Australian and Copeland trophy winner 🤩

That 2019-2020 preseason where he hired a running coach and worked his guts out… that changed everything. He then went on to have a break out 2020 and has not looked back

Great story that’s not remotely over with yet.

By the end of his career he and Nick will go down as one of the best brothers combination in history 💪

I watched Josh in his VFL years and never imagined he’d win a Copeland. So glad the club persisted with him.

The other benefit of his VFL years was seeing his dad at the games, and sometimes his little brother. Nick was already getting attention as a young teenager, and would play kick to kick with his mates at halftime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not know about Peter but that bloke with him looks like Christian Pettraca to me.
He then took in Paris Saint-Germain's 3-1 Champions League victory over Milan at the Parc de Princes stadium in Paris, where he was joined by fellow AFL star Christian Petracca of the Melbourne Demons.

Nice write up on Josh. It's good to see him happy.

How Melbourne’s ‘it’ couple Josh Daicos and Annalise Dalins fell in love​

AFL star Josh Daicos and his model girlfriend Annalise Dalins are each thriving in their own careers and now the glamour couple is working together on a huge project.

Jackie EpsteinJackie Epstein

@jackieheraldsun

7 min read
March 8, 2024 - 1:00PM
VWeekend
Collingwood star [PLAYERCARD]Josh Daicos[/PLAYERCARD] and partner Annalise Dalins have opened up about their relationship. Picture: Tony Gough

Collingwood star Josh Daicos and partner Annalise Dalins have opened up about their relationship. Picture: Tony Gough

It was a sweet mix of love and blush at first sight for Melbourne’s “it” couple Josh Daicos and Annalise Dalins.
Dalins vividly remembers when she caught up with Daicos for the first time three years ago.
“We met each other at a bar in between lockdowns, and instantly had a connection,’’ she says.
“I had butterflies. I was very nervous, but Josh made it easy because he was so outgoing.
“We got on like a house on fire straight away! Coffee dates would run into dinner dates.
“Since then, three years later, our coffee dates are just as long.”
True love has certainly blossomed for the dynamic duo.
The Collingwood superstar, who won a premiership and had a best and fairest winning season in 2023, and the former PR intern turned rising model, have become inseparable while their profiles continue to grow.
Yet Dalins says the pair are home bodies despite their youth and, although not living together yet, love to spend nights at home.
They holidayed in Europe after last year’s triumphant AFL season, which Daicos says he was able to thoroughly enjoy knowing his ultimate goal had been achieved.
[PLAYERCARD]Josh Daicos[/PLAYERCARD] and partner Annalise Dalins have become inseparable as their public profiles continue to grow. Picture: Tony Gough

Josh Daicos and partner Annalise Dalins have become inseparable as their public profiles continue to grow. Picture: Tony Gough
“We had a great time in Europe and it was just amazing after the year we had and we could really relax,’’ he says.
“You only really get that feeling when you do win it all and there’s nothing you look back on and wish you’d done differently.”
Daicos’ life changed when he met his biggest supporter Dalins, and even more so after becoming a premiership player along with his teammate and younger brother Nick.
As the son of one of Collingwood’s favourite sons, 1990 premiership star and goalkicking wonder Peter, there was expectation on Daicos the day he was recruited to the club in 2016 under the father-son rule.
“I think that pressure of having Dad is a good thing for Nick and I, it definitely pushes us to keep making him proud and continue his legacy and it’s something we don’t take lightly,’’ Daicos says.
“I feel like the pressure is never really off.
“Of course we’re still hungry and it’s something (coach Craig McRae) “Fly” always talks about in terms of, it’s amazing to win one but we’re straight back to work.
“We’ve got an amazing group where there really is no ceiling, we’re all hungry to get better and to make the most of it.”
Nick Daicos said his life changed when he met his partner. Picture: Michael Willson

Nick Daicos said his life changed when he met his partner. Picture: Michael Willson
The Premiership player said the pressure of living up to expectation never really eases off. Picture: Michael Willson

The Premiership player said the pressure of living up to expectation never really eases off. Picture: Michael Willson
“Even being at the Taylor Swift concert, that was the first time I was at the G since the big day last year.
“It gave me for the first time in a while the feeling of what it’s like to be a spectator. The energy at the G was unbelievable for Taylor Swift and I know some of our games when we’re playing our best that we get a reception similar to that. It was cool to see what the fans experience. It almost made me more motivated to go out there and for us to play well and give the fans that experience again.
“The boys have put in an amazing amount of work this pre-season so I’m really excited to see how it goes.”

Dalins was bursting with pride watching Daicos have his best season yet – making the all-Australian team, winning a premiership and then the club best and fairest Copeland Trophy award. She is a big footy fan now and has loved seeing him mature and flourish.
“The last few months have just been a whirlwind,’’ she says.
“When you talk about the grand final and that whole period I almost don’t feel ready for the season to start because it was so stressful. Obviously you’re so invested and you want to see your partner just do well in what they love. I can feel the boys are really excited to get back into it and they’re all so passionate about it. I can’t wait.”
The couple are working together as ambassadors for the Grand Prix. Picture: Tony Gough

The couple are working together as ambassadors for the Grand Prix. Picture: Tony Gough
The couple’s presence at events is a winner for organisers as is their warm and inviting personalities.
Dalins, who quit her job early last year to focus on modelling with Vivien’s, has never been busier and Daicos is more in demand than ever.
For the first time they are working together as ambassadors for the Australian Formula One Grand Prix and its biggest social party, Glamour on the Grid, taking place on Wednesday, March 20 before the track action revs up.
“It’s really nice to do it together,’’ Daicos, 25, says. “It’s crazy to think of last year and how all the opportunities first started coming for both of us.
“I do love it, it was never something we really spoke about and it’s amazing to see Anna in her field. I love watching her flourish and doing different things and she’s just being herself so it’s really nice.”
Daicos loves the thrill of seeing fast cars in action and would put his hand up to do a lap in an F1 car.
[PLAYERCARD]Josh Daicos[/PLAYERCARD] loves the thrill of watching the fast cars. Picture: Tony Gough

Josh Daicos loves the thrill of watching the fast cars. Picture: Tony Gough
Collingwood plays St Kilda on the Thursday night so he can enjoy events across the weekend.
“It’s amazing to watch some of the best drivers in the world compete, it’s an exhilarating spectacle,’’ he says.
“It’s really cool to see the level of detail and work that goes into the car and they’re always looking for ways to improve their performance and get the slightest edge on their competition. Their relentless pursuit as a team and the spirit they have to work together is something at the club we always put a high value on. I was lucky enough to go down into Red Bull’s pits last year and it was interesting to see how they have to work together.
“It’s an international sport and we’re lucky enough to have it here for four days. Melbourne does entertainment, sport, fashion and food all so well so it’s kind of the perfect event. You really can’t not be into it. The noise, being so close to the cars, it’s so cool.”
Daicos is hoping to meet drivers such as champions Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen and he’s also a big fan of Aussie ace Daniel Ricciardo and his antics.
Dalins, 22, attended Glamour on the Grid last year and was mesmerised by the level of excitement and fashion.
This year the event will raise the bar again with more up and coming names set to steal the spotlight.
Collingwood star [PLAYERCARD]Josh Daicos[/PLAYERCARD] and partner Annalise Dalins have been likened to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Picture: Tony Gough

Collingwood star Josh Daicos and partner Annalise Dalins have been likened to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Picture: Tony Gough
As their brand continues to grow, Dalins’ trusted stylist Paul Versace often says he feels they have a Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie vibe – in their prime they were Hollywood’s hottest couple.
Dalins laughs at the comparison, but there’s no doubt their window, individually and as a couple, is wide open, and they’re making smart choices. Sacrifice isn’t a word that they’d readily use.
“When you think about it, both modelling and AFL careers are usually short-lived and most of your success comes during your youth, which is kind of the polar opposite to most other careers … so those ‘sacrifices’ Josh and I make, often align with each other,’’ Dalins says.
“Just simple things like getting an early night’s sleep, or eating clean, or practising our craft, so that we can feel our best to perform on the field or in front of a camera. So we’re lucky, they aren’t really sacrifices to us, our work actually brings us closer and makes us happy.”
Despite their busy schedule, the 2024 footy season is at the top of Josh’s priority list. Picture: Tony Gough

Despite their busy schedule, the 2024 footy season is at the top of Josh’s priority list. Picture: Tony Gough
But despite the busy schedules, footy is firmlyNo. 1 for Daicos and he says he’s itching to unfurl the flag at the MCG next Friday night against Sydney.
“That will be amazing. I was lucky enough to do it with Nick and Dad in 2011 after Collingwood won in 2010, and now 13 years later to be unveiling our own, it’s something we’ve worked for many years to achieve,’’ he says.
“Dad just loves watching Nick and I play each week and loves the club. He’s more passionate than ever and really excited for the ride.”
There is one thing Daicos has yet to tick off his list – getting a premiership tattoo.
“Both Nick and I have yet to get ours but we definitely will,’’ he says.

“I keep tossing up between Roman numerals or a lot of the boys have got a magpie. I haven’t locked in where on the body yet.
Siblings [PLAYERCARD]Josh Daicos[/PLAYERCARD] and Nick Daicos have grown into their careers together Picture: Quinn Rooney

Siblings Josh Daicos and Nick Daicos have grown into their careers together Picture: Quinn Rooney
“Thinking about our careers, it’s two different experiences early on. Nick has had lots of success at team level and individual level and even his first year to play in a prelim (preliminary final) he played in a lot of big games that gave him experience. It’s been awesome to share the journey with Nick and to see him grow even in the two years we’ve been together, it has been really cool.
“I was quite underdeveloped physically and probably needed to mature a little bit. I probably took a little bit longer to develop whereas Nick was a bit more ready-made as soon as he finished. We are so lucky to do what we love together, we’re always appreciative of what we have.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back