Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d take a shot at saying Josh is better by foot than Nick. His left gives him the edge imo.
Hard to say. Lots of Nick's kicks are more difficult as he's running flat out with a player on his tail, whereas Josh doesn't tend to do that as much - props and finds space for a more balanced kick.

Has anyone noticed this trick he does if he’s got a couple of yards in front of a chasing opponent and he then slightly slows like he’s about to kick the ball so the chaser gives up, then he puts down the foot again to get even further away in space?

It’s genius I tell ya.

Josh just reminds me of his father the way he moves and kicks as well. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
That slippery eel evasion technique is fascinating to watch. Does it so often you feel it should be predictable to opponents, but they very rarely get him. Turns a yard in to two yards, then clear space to kick from. Not many can do it so consistently or well.

Has anyone noticed this trick he does if he’s got a couple of yards in front of a chasing opponent and he then slightly slows like he’s about to kick the ball so the chaser gives up, then he puts down the foot again to get even further away in space?

It’s genius I tell ya.
He's got some pretty crafty moves in traffic. Love his shimmying and sidestepping

It’s genius I tell ya.
And this is all with a kid that was trending to not even getting drafted if he wasn't a F/S!

Yes absolutely, uncanny also the way Darcy Moore moves like his Dad.

I don’t think there would be a better family by foot and on both sides than the Daicos family

Re the bolded, 100% agree. Highly embarassing, but I've inadvertently called Darcy 'Peter' several times this year at the footy. Its an age thing.:rolleyes:

Josh's game against Geelong was the best I'd ever seen him play.

I think he's a better long kick than Nick at the moment but I think Nick's a better short kick. Some of the stuff Nick tries and pulls off coming out of the defensive 50 is just ridiculous.

I love that as good as they both are it's a genuine discussion who's the more skilled brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there's much difference between them beside Josh's athsma problems growing up slightly stunting his physical growth, as far as skill and vision they both seem to have "it".

I can't believe how much Josh has improved so far throughout his young career.

I always liked him but did not think he was going to be this good. He clearly puts a lot of work into his body and keeps improving every year.
Remember how small he seemed in his first season or two? It wasn't that long ago. I think because Nick was so good straight away it's easy to forget that wasn't the case with Josh, which makes his journey so far even more impressive.

Love the josh daicos story

Def one of my favourite players to watch

Yep, a triumph of a story, not just because the F/S pick of a club legend is reaching 100, but because he seemed such long odds to succeed early days - picked up in the 50s on draft nght, took the best part of 2 years to debut, etc.

Go well Josh and enjoy your achievement. We sure are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back