Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Still incredibly exciting to think that in 3 years time, the forward line could be:

HF Elliott Cox Fasolo
FF Daicos Moore Daicos

I mean, just, holy shit

A Daicos at pick 57, well worth the shot!

Will not be criticising the club if he doesn't make it.

I've told this story before so sorry to those who've heard it.

Growing up on Vic Park hill watching the Mighty Pies with my Dad is one of my most cherished memories.
One particular day the ball was stuck in the pocket down the other end, then all of a sudden there was a flurry of arms & legs, baulks & finally a snap over the shoulder for the sausage!
Dad says" Who kicked that?"
I reply "Daics"
He says "How did you see what happened?"
I replied "I didn't but who else could've kicked that!"

Welcome Josh.
Gold!!

Still incredibly exciting to think that in 3 years time, the forward line could be:

HF Elliott Cox Fasolo
FF Daicos Moore Daicos

I mean, just, holy shit
Ayce and Jett could play with Moore and the Marvel boys too, how olds the youngest Buckley now, would he be around 9? I'm guessing the older brother would be 11ish.

Just looked it up, Ayce turned 8 in September, and I think Jett turns 11 next month, so still a ways to go.
tumblr_lt68mz1v0y1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

HF Elliott Cox Fasolo
FF Daicos Moore Daicos

I mean, just, holy shit
Settle some might not be there at the end of 2017 let alone 19.
It seems Nick Daicos was born in 2003 (in the first week or so of January), so he must still only be 13 at the moment, and not draft eligible until 2021!!! That DreamTeam will have to wait a while yet!

This was posted on Nick's Bulletin Board (Wed Jan 08, 2003):-
Congratulations
smile.gif
to Peter Daicos and Colleen on the birth of Nicholas Stanley Daicos who is now the younger brother of Madeline and Joshua.

It seems Nick Daicos was born in 2003 (in the first week or so of January), so he must still only be 13 at the moment, and not draft eligible until 2021!!! That DreamTeam will have to wait a while yet!

This was posted on Nick's Bulletin Board (Wed Jan 08, 2003):-
Congratulations
smile.gif
to Peter Daicos and Colleen on the birth of Nicholas Stanley Daicos who is now the younger brother of Madeline and Joshua.

You seem to be right.

I wonder why I thought he was only 2 years younger.

You seem to be right.

I wonder why I thought he was only 2 years younger.
Plenty of people seem to have a similar idea, so it's not surprising. I've seen one poster who insists Nick was born in 2000. Sadly, we have quite a wait before we'll see the younger Daicos, but there should be a pretty big build-up over the next few years if he continues to develop well!

I thought the real reason we punted Marley was so Brown could wear 26. Bit of a waste if he does want it.

Would be fantastic to see Brown in 26 and Daicos in 35. AMAZING.

Having said that, both have not that much younger brothers so as long as ONE Brown brother gets 26 and one Daicos brother gets 35, I'm happy.

Would be fantastic to see Brown in 26 and Daicos in 35. AMAZING.

Having said that, both have not that much younger brothers so as long as ONE Brown brother gets 26 and one Daicos brother gets 35, I'm happy.
Obviously still a couple of years before the next sons come through, but looks unlikely. As per the jumper number thread and CFC twitter.

17 - Brown
26 - Daicos
27 - Kirby
35 - McLarty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HF Elliott Cox Fasolo
FF Daicos Moore Daicos

And a few years after that we might just have

Daicos, Daicos, Moore, Brown, Buckley, Buckley

Obviously still a couple of years before the next sons come through, but looks unlikely. As per the jumper number thread and CFC twitter.

17 - Brown
26 - Daicos
27 - Kirby
35 - McLarty

Apart from my regular whinges about the 35 jumper rotating, I do like those number allocations

If Brown cant have his old mans number then Scotty Burns is the next best
And if Daics cant have his old mans then he can have Browns!!
And 27 is tailor made for cult heroes like Murray Weideman Con Britt (wow I'm getting old) Kevin Worthington Craig Starcevich and Mark McGough. Has been out of fashion at Collingwood for a while, hopefully Kirby restores it to its rightful position.

No pressure Josh, none at all

Wow he really was something.
Both feet, great balance.
BEAUTIFUL skills

No pressure Josh, none at all

Wow he really was something.
Both feet, great balance.
BEAUTIFUL skills

Lol....just watched that and his top ten or fifteen goals would still be top ALL TIME highlights of all time.
Two of his best weren't even in that reel. The goal that won the Elimination final at Waverley against Geelong (early 80's) where he was caught one out against Geelong's Ian Nankervis (AA player) out on the wing too far out to score. Daics realises that if he waits for reinforcements he'll run out of time so (and remember he's just a kid) he runs up to the man on the mark as if he's going to kick....but instead handballs some 15m ahead of the play, runs around Nankervis picks up the ball at 60 and sends a drop punt home as straight as an arrow.

The other is MY all time favourite Daics goal: Viccy Park 79-80 maybe (Daics first couple of seasons). He's played the first half against the Tigers in the centre on Geoff Raines and has towelled Raines and kicked a goal or two already. But we're behind by 4 goals at half time and Tommy Hafey shifts the wunderkind forward.
The goal comes half way through the third quarter (we're kicking to the Yarra Falls end). A quick kick from the centre lands at CHF. Daics reads it best and is onto the high bouncing ball. Three Tigers sense the chance to "kill our young dynamo" whilst he's open reaching up for the high bounce. But Daics has eyes in the back of his head and back baulks out of the kill zone. Two Tigers lay strewn on the ground after winding themselves in the carnage. The other chases Daics dust as he clinically strolls onto his left foot and slots the goal from 50. Hmm...so that's a 50m left foot goal (his wrong foot....if he actually had a wrong foot?) against three premiership Tiger defenders. Just a stroll in the park for Peter Daicos!
He went on to kick 6 second half goals (8 for the game) as a HFF....he just never looked like missing.
Anyone else know a 19 year old that could do things like that?

lets not get to carried away, it is josh not peter playing for us. and he has got a long way to go.
give him time and not expect to much to soon because of the name

lets not get to carried away, it is josh not peter playing for us. and he has got a long way to go.
give him time and not expect to much to soon because of the name
Agree he is nothing like Peter. Look at the height difference. Gavin and Peter are much taller than their sons unfortunately. Don't think they are going to be as good as them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back