Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh has been rock solid. 6 games of 20 plus disposals. Tackles and pressure has been up this year, very few clangers. He’s getting more attention but he’s playing his role brilliantly.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Josh Daicos on his season so far. Some say he’s had an average year. Personally I don’t understand that. He’s coming off two incredibly strong years where he made the All Australian Squad in 2022 , and the All Australian team in 2023. Add a Copeland Trophy in a premiership year. So the bar is high.

But on most stats this year they are are pretty similar replication of last year , and clearly above the year before.

He averages 24.1 disposals per game, 507 disposals for the year, only 30 players in the AFL have had more this year. DE at around 69%.

Metres gained he is comfortably over 400m per game.

AF 92.7 up from 90 in an All Australian year last year.

Clangers are down for the year.

He prepares and gets himself up every week. I don’t believe he’s missed a game in the last 3 seasons. So he’s very durable and remarkably consistent.

If we got this sort of output from more on our list, it’s safe to say our year as a whole would be looking better.

Nick gets all the accolades and rightfully so, Darcy Cameron has had a great season but to my eyes Josh has easily been our next best.

Credit where credits due I believe.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Josh Daicos on his season so far. Some say he’s had an average year. Personally I don’t understand that. He’s coming off two incredibly strong years where he made the All Australian Squad in 2022 , and the All Australian team in 2023. Add a Copeland Trophy in a premiership year. So the bar is high.

But on most stats this year they are are pretty similar replication of last year , and clearly above the year before.

He averages 24.1 disposals per game, 507 disposals for the year, only 30 players in the AFL have had more this year. DE at around 69%.

Metres gained he is comfortably over 400m per game.

AF 92.7 up from 90 in an All Australian year last year.

Clangers are down for the year.

He prepares and gets himself up every week. I don’t believe he’s missed a game in the last 3 seasons. So he’s very durable and remarkably consistent.

If we got this sort of output from more on our list, it’s safe to say our year as a whole would be looking better.

Nick gets all the accolades and rightfully so, Darcy Cameron has had a great season but to my eyes Josh has easily been our next best.

Credit where credits due I believe.
Would agree to an extent except to my eye when he does clanger it is very costly. He has made some shocking blunders at times. I really do reckon though he has been playing sore at times. In terms of our season we are not spoilt for choice when analysing player performances. Cameron is the obvious standout so Josh has not got much competition because nearly every other player on the list has performed poorly in relation to other seasons or what we think they are capable of.

People criticise his year. Averaged 24.9 disposals a game. Last year he averaged 25 disposals a game. Gone to half back the last 5 weeks, been absolutely brilliant. 144 disposals over those 5 weeks, near enough an average of 29 per game for that period. Disposal efficiency been great as well.

I find it amusing but irritating at the same time when commentators like Hodge and other BF frothers moan about the Daicos boys finding each other so much. ‘Stats padders’ you hear them cry but when the Krakouer brothers did it back in the day they were lauded for their almost physic abilities to find each other.

People criticise his year. Averaged 24.9 disposals a game. Last year he averaged 25 disposals a game. Gone to half back the last 5 weeks, been absolutely brilliant. 144 disposals over those 5 weeks, near enough an average of 29 per game for that period. Disposal efficiency been great as well.

Josh has had a great year imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back