Josh Fraser's future at the Collingwood Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 23, 2008
London
AFL Club
Collingwood
From 2010 onwards, Josh Fraser's career as a full-time ruckman has to be considered finished. I'd doubt very much whether we'll trade him and assuming we don't, I'll be very interested to see what we do with him. Full time full-forward, forward flank, wingman.....
Plonk him at full-forward for mine and see if we can extract some of his still untapped potential. Jack to the pocket. Next best option, a goalkciking flanker (as opposed to a lead-up forward).
Surely the big man still has plenty to offer and surely his days as a ruckman are finished.

From 2010 onwards, Josh Fraser's career as a full-time ruckman has to be considered finished. I'd doubt very much whether we'll trade him and assuming we don't, I'll be very interested to see what we do with him. Full time full-forward, forward flank, wingman.....
Plonk him at full-forward for mine and see if we can extract some of his still untapped potential. Jack to the pocket. Next best option, a goalkciking flanker (as opposed to a lead-up forward).
Surely the big man still has plenty to offer and surely his days as a ruckman are finished.

This is what I have been saying in other posts... Fraser to F/F.

just take a look at his F/F skills on any of his youtube vids.
Josh has great bigman skills... not Ruckman skills

We should be going all out for a known Quality Ruckman... trade whatever to get Sandilands. He will still stand tall in a GF last quarter while all others have no legs to jump. He is exactly what our midfielders need... just imagine the possessions Swan, Dids and Pendles would knock up with Sandilands in the centre bounce

Fraser could easily be a 60+ goal per year F/F

If Josh Fraser isn't playing in the ruck, the only other position he can play is third tall forward (either pocket or a flank).

He isn't a good enough contested mark to be a primary target, and he doesn't have any speed that could compensate for this. He could be good for maybe 40 goals in a year if he has a very good year in that position.

He is not a midfielder's little finger.

In summary, if he is not playing in the ruck, he is of little value to the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Fraser's future at the Collingwood Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back