Josh Gibson

Remove this Banner Ad

mark73 said:
Having studied a lot of your posts I have come to one pertinent conclusion.You've got to be a left winger.
You've studied them? :eek: Yes, you must have been bored. AND, I'm interested, how come you come to this conclusion?

And what do you think of WorkChoices? ;)

HeLMie said:
I'm most intrigued, she acts no different to any other biased NM supporter, so why add the politics aspect to it?
She is a he for a starter. I don't know that any of us is just "another biased NM supporter". We each bring "all of us" to our comments and views. For those who've read "Don't think of an elephant", the author makes the point that the frames which shape our political views also colour other aspects of life.
HeLMie said:
Now Kimbo, why the need to point out one particular poster, surely you being such a vivid and informed member should've realised that im almost never the one to iniatiate the firey battles, i merely state my contention and others go awire. However thanks for doing so.
You may be technically right - I couldn't be bothered grounding my assessment - but I reckon you do your fair share of "inciting violence".

Lidge said:
Despite the solid form he's displayed at VFL level the past 2 years, I'd prefer that the club didn't spend (IMO waste) a PSD or draft pick on him.
We won't have to use a pick on him, we can simply elevate him from the rookie list.

Lidge said:
I'm pretty confident that we've seen the best of him, has limited scope for improvement and wouldn't add anything to our squad and can't ever see him becoming a part of our best 18 despite his relatively young age. I think we've got enough of his type on the list (i.e. mid sized defenders).
Disagree. 2-3 years ago when we first saw Gibson down at Port he looked absolutely useless. Completely out of place at VFL level. But since then he has gradually got better and better, what's to say he can't continue to improve?

We don't have enough of his type either, ie someone who kick the damn thing to a target. I would be very disappointed if Perkins got promoted (a type who we definitely have enough of!) instead of Gibson.

HeLMie said:
Sorry Kimbo, the obsession with the blue writing instantly made me believe you were of the other sex.
Apology accepted.

Obsession? Get it right, it's a compulsion, not an obsession. (All things blue and white, you know...)

Besides, what's with the obsession [sic] you and others have with black writing? :D And does this make them all male?

Kimbo said:
Apology accepted.

Obsession? Get it right, it's a compulsion, not an obsession. (All things blue and white, you know...)

Besides, what's with the obsession [sic] you and others have with black writing? :D And does this make them all male?

You cant really call it a compulsion as i have read numerous posts of yours that have been in the plain old black - ill just stick with obsession.

As for questions i dont have the time, nor the insecure brain to answer them

HeLMie said:
You cant really call it a compulsion as i have read numerous posts of yours that have been in the plain old black - ill just stick with obsession.

As for questions i dont have the time, nor the insecure brain to answer them
Numerous? The occasional one is in black and white actually, to sooth those insecure with difference. ;)

No time for questions? How come? Were you attacked by one as an infant? Geez, why am I bothering? Damn, there I go again, don't I? Futile, isn't it?

Anyway, you stick with whatever makes you comfortable. :)

year of the roo said:
Gibson promoted.

Perkins back to the rookie list.

Good.

True dinks?!! Great decision if true! Gibson may never achieve anything much at AFL level but,as a big bodied defender capable of playing on big and smallish forwards, he offers the club far more than Perkins,a good player but a type we have in abundance.

i spoke to josh the other day and he said he was being promoted but i havent heard of anything in the paper, tv or internet at all so im not sure. any other sources?

Another aspect of Gibson is he has a heap of "supporter appeal". My kids had a quick chat and photo with him at the start of the year and can't wait for him to start playing. He just has a very "cool" look about him which is going to appeal to a lot of the kids.

Not a reason to elevate him but an added bonus if he's any good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Gibson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back