Mega Thread Josh Kennedy Hindsight Thread aka 'We sold Manhattan for a bunch of trinkets and a blunt hatchet'

Remove this Banner Ad

All Josh Kennedy discussion will be merged into this thread from this point onwards.

If you want dissect the carcass of the deal, do it here. This is the one and only place.

In this thread you don't have to move on, you are welcome to dwell.

On the Couch discussion: Josh Kennedy (Syd)

Interesting when they were talking about 'that' trade and hindsight...

I think it was Gerard who asked hyperthetically if Kennedy wanted to come back what would the Swans accept from Hawks as a trade...

Mike Sheehan & Roosy both confidently said Franklin or possible Rioli as a straight swap!! :eek:

According to them, Kennedy is ahead of every other player on our list!!

Re: On the Couch discussion: Josh Kennedy (Syd)

I think it was Gerard who asked hyperthetically if Kennedy wanted to come back what would the Swans accept from Hawks as a trade...

Mike Sheehan & Roosy both confidently said Franklin or possible Rioli as a straight swap!! :eek:

Right now it would be pretty hard to argue against them.

Would be interesting if the hawks did lure him back and he asked to be traded. What would morally be fair given they poached him from us in the first place?

Would be interesting if the hawks did lure him back and he asked to be traded. What would morally be fair given they poached him from us in the first place?

I can't see why he'd want to come back. They're winning games. He's playing out of his skin.

Thats the problem with australian football journalists whose opinions vary on a week by week basis.

Yes Kennedy has been the superior player this year and is an elite midfielder but if you consider everything about these players (past performance, expected future performance and even maketability) the statement is simply knee jerk and ridiculous.

It is an interesting question re coming back.

You wonder if he left on good terms or if the little fella pissed him off enough to not want to.

You would think that the history of the name at the club etc would mean something to him, but then again maybe the lack of 'pressure' re that name thing in sunny Sydney is just the thing he wants.

I would think that by the time his contract is up he will be over us though.

Shame.

Was always unhappy with this decision, though didn't care about the other little bloke leaving....

Can we just put this subject to rest please?????

Yes, in hindsight, it was a poor choice. But the club had to make a decision at the time and it turned out to be wrong.....

Oh well, let it go...

It is in the past, lets look forward to the future...

Can we just put this subject to rest please?????

Yes, in hindsight, it was a poor choice. But the club had to make a decision at the time and it turned out to be wrong.....

Oh well, let it go...

It is in the past, lets look forward to the future...

I am looking to the future and I want to get him back to Hawthorn!;)

They can't be serious. Franklin is worth two top 5 picks. One top 5 pick for kennedy would be overs i reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coulda, woulda, blah, blah, blah........................cry........cry.......

Same crap different thread.

Can we move on?

We can certainly all move on, as long as we accept and acknowledge that it was a bad decision and mistake, and don't try and search for cheap justifications.

Refer to his topic last week, i had a certain internet keyboard warrior by the initials B B try and and attack me personally with irrelevant dribble, for stating the bleedingly obvious....further, he was still claiming the trade was "mutually beneficial" for both clubs....just don't question that term though as your educational credentials, amongst other things, might be placed under the so-called microscope. I am a man with a big heart, and i forgive BB, if he requires a hug let me know and I'm sure something can be arranged.

Its rather humorous how all who tried to defend and justify the trade last week have all disappeared now.....Paul Roos is no mug, his words are damming, and i, like others, was very disappointed with this trade in 2009 and not in hindsight.

Like i stated last week, the trading overall has been very good by the hawks, with this exception.

This is the last post I will make on Kennedy and the HFC. Letting go of kennedy will go down in history as one of the worst decisions the HFC made - period. I didn't realise till recently that we decided to keep Tuck over Kennedy - FFS!!

We let kennedy go for nix yet to this today we continue to persist with a player whose body simply CANNOT stand up to the rigours of footaball - ellis. I know, you know, the whole football world knows that his body is stuffed and has been post 08 grand final. What did we do last year - offer him a two year extension!!!!

On the other hand kennedy keeps getting better and better - now he's pinch hitting as a KPP and taking contested marks!!

I'm f...ing over it - done. Sick of all the rhetoric, justifications, whingeing about draws etc when we simply can't recruit for squat or keep good players, and keep persisting with bloody hacks. No more memberships (been a member for 16yrs), no more going to games, no more posting,finito kaput!

P.S Thank god my beloved Manchester City are on roll....

goodluck you guys, over and out,

Noel Gallagher
Manchester

Coulda, woulda, blah, blah, blah........................cry........cry.......

Same crap different thread.

Can we move on?

No way to even think to trade Buddy or Rioli for Kennedy. Knee jerk ideology about a kid who has played a handfull of best on grounds supposedly.

So what. It's time to forget the Josh Kennedy bad relationship breakup and move on. We have St Kilda to beat this week. It ain't going to be easy...BUT WE CAN DO IT!...3.3 then 4.3 and so on...this season ain't over!

Re: Josh Kennedy Hindsight Thread aka 'We sold Manhattan for a bunch of trinkets and a blunt hatchet

Well we got $60,000 for Gary Ablett in 1984.

Re: Josh Kennedy Hindsight Thread aka 'We sold Manhattan for a bunch of trinkets and a blunt hatchet

Well we got $60,000 for Gary Ablett in 1984.

In 1984, we were at the infant stages of what became the greatest team in history...the longest consecutive finals appearances ever (82-94) 7 grand finals in a row (equal longest ever with melb. of 50's) and off course 5 flags in that period....dare i say it, but we could cope with g ablett walking out on us because he missed his farm life.

Kennedy was a decision made by the football department...i would like someone from that department to be held accountable for this errant decision...this was not a 17 year old recruit gone wrong, he was at the club and showed heaps in 2009, only to be discarded for a pack of chips.

Re: Josh Kennedy Hindsight Thread aka 'We sold Manhattan for a bunch of trinkets'

I understand the thearter of the title but I would hardly call Strats a Bunch of trinkets! ;-)

I'm merely being dramatic, possibly ironic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Josh Kennedy Hindsight Thread aka 'We sold Manhattan for a bunch of trinkets and a blunt hatchet'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back