Josh Kennedy - Luke Livingstone nightmare all over again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
Interesting times ahead for the Blues. Coming off another spanking this time by the injury decimated and gameplan-less Saints, their great white hope Josh Kennedy is looking more and more like a battling type ala Luke Livingstone, rather than the matchwinning key forward they desperately need.

After being unsighted on debut and snagging some cheap ones against the worst team in the comp in his next game, 7 possesions and 2 marks today against one of the poorer backlines in the AFL - it is looking much like the 2000 draft error in which the Blues picked up Luke Livingstone at Pick 4 in desperation for a key position player overlooking talent such as Cornes, Kerr and Lonie who have all led their teams to Grand Finals.

Amazing that it could happen again so soon - this time with the suprising oversight of the player with the greatest upside in the draft and amazing evasiveness - Scott Pendlebury. No doubt Scott would have added greatly to the Blues 16th ranked midfield and some class to help out Pie fanatic Stevens and the likes of Adam " No im not Jim Plunkett" Bentick.

Won't be too long til the Blues send Kennedy to full back to try and find if they can at least make a Prestigiacomo of the boy at his designated VFL side.

Things aren't all bad though as Murphy continues to battle away despite his obvious physical limitations into the a possible Top 10 finish of the Rising star award and young Bower could develop into a poor man's Heath Shaw off half back if he continues to develop.

Blue skies ahead for Carlton.... but only if they can get it right at the draft table. :)

Are you kidding me? The kid has 3 games and you just jump on him because our senior players can't stand up. Come back to me in another 4 years.

Fantastic Troll Locks! :thumbsu:

I think this has earned you the inaugral Bay 13:

istockphoto_197940_troll_of_the_week.jpg

FIGJAM said:
Fantastic Troll Locks! :thumbsu:

I think this has earned you the inaugral Bay 13:

istockphoto_197940_troll_of_the_week.jpg

Too early to judge.

Doesn't a troll's effectiveness depend on how much rage it caused in it's intended audience?

That offer to Richmond fans yesterday was a corker.

La Vache said:
Too early to judge.

Doesn't a troll's effectiveness depend on how much rage it caused in it's intended audience?
Quantity can be good, but some of the better trolls are about quality, and go largely unnoticed.

Locks' effort may not draw a large crowd, but its complexity and depth deserves a hat tippin'!

FIGJAM said:
Quantity can be good, but some of the better trolls are about quality, and go largely unnoticed.

Locks' effort may not draw a large crowd, but its complexity and depth deserves a hat tippin'!

Great graphic by the way. I wonder if we can expect a Bay 13 troll of the week soon.

MagpieScouser said:
not as stupid as carlton on the scoreboard today

that doesn't even make sense you feral. I think it may be time for you to revisit a school sometime soon.

Lockyer24, using your logic, Pendelbury is crap because he hasnt played a good game yet. Kennedy is worse than Livo, then pendelbury is worse than kennedy. do you actually understand how bad that makes pendelbury sound? oh dear :eek: .

I suggest you either grow up, go back to school, or actually think for more than 1 second prior to posting your next post.

Kennedy has a big future ahead, and it doesnt take a genius to figure that out. I think its either jealousy, a lack of general football knowledge, extreme hatred of calton to the point that you cannot acknowledge talent, or just plain stupidity which has driven your idiotic post.

moron. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GALON said:
The kid will be a gun.
3rd game, not performing to elite levels?? surprised? No.
He'll be very good for the blues in three or four years.
Well Lynden Dunn performed well in his 3rd game, so did Brad Symes, why can't Josh Kennedy???

chooker said:
Well Lynden Dunn performed well in his 3rd game, so did Brad Symes, why can't Josh Kennedy???

because he was rushed into senior footy after overcoming a very serious injury.

thats not a very well thought out comment, chooker. not every bloody player performs to the best of their ability in their first few games of senior footy. give the boy some time to adjust for gods sake!

Jeremias said:
extreme hatred of calton to the point that you cannot acknowledge talent

I have taken what you said on board and gone back and watched a few tapes of your recent drubbings. Zero traces of talent found

mediumsizered said:
Maybe we could begin a discussion on Josh Fraser's first season. Maybe even his second season. How about his third season.
Fraser's first three seasons were excellent (3rd in Rising Star). I'm happy to discuss them if you want.

He's now one of the league's best ruckmen, and would be happy to discuss that too.

I disagree, i think kennedy will be a great CHF in years to come, but I did laugh when i read the thread, Kennedy actually lodges with Livingstone!!!!!!!

Lockyer24 said:
Interesting times ahead for the Blues. Coming off another spanking this time by the injury decimated and gameplan-less Saints, their great white hope Josh Kennedy is looking more and more like a battling type ala Luke Livingstone, rather than the matchwinning key forward they desperately need.

After being unsighted on debut and snagging some cheap ones against the worst team in the comp in his next game, 7 possesions and 2 marks today against one of the poorer backlines in the AFL - it is looking much like the 2000 draft error in which the Blues picked up Luke Livingstone at Pick 4 in desperation for a key position player overlooking talent such as Cornes, Kerr and Lonie who have all led their teams to Grand Finals.

Amazing that it could happen again so soon - this time with the suprising oversight of the player with the greatest upside in the draft and amazing evasiveness - Scott Pendlebury. No doubt Scott would have added greatly to the Blues 16th ranked midfield and some class to help out Pie fanatic Stevens and the likes of Adam " No im not Jim Plunkett" Bentick.

Won't be too long til the Blues send Kennedy to full back to try and find if they can at least make a Prestigiacomo of the boy at his designated VFL side.

Things aren't all bad though as Murphy continues to battle away despite his obvious physical limitations into the a possible Top 10 finish of the Rising star award and young Bower could develop into a poor man's Heath Shaw off half back if he continues to develop.

Blue skies ahead for Carlton.... but only if they can get it right at the draft table. :)

mediumsizered said:
Maybe we could begin a discussion on Josh Fraser's first season. Maybe even his second season. How about his third season. How did Danny Roach go again?

ahh.....did you see josh's first season or three?

what a baffling comment. :confused:

Lockyer24 take care with your sledge on Kennedy.

Any Club that has recruiting errors like Collingwood should be a touch humble.:eek:

1999 Danny Roach # 7
2001 Richard Cole # 11
2003 Billy Morrison # 17

All these first round draft picks are not exactly setting the world on fire at the minute. Oh sorry my mistake they are no longer on your list:rolleyes:

FIGJAM said:
Fraser's first three seasons were excellent (3rd in Rising Star). I'm happy to discuss them if you want.

He's now one of the league's best ruckmen, and would be happy to discuss that too.

Ha ha ha - and what will you discuss next?!?!? how to nail d i a r r h e a to a wall? ...great joke, I really love your sense of humour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Kennedy - Luke Livingstone nightmare all over again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back