Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingy, with respect, isnt dropping someone (or condoning it) for lack of team value 'buy in' being a strong leader - not taking the easier option of a soft reprimand or saying nothing - and ultimately trying to get the players totally accountable to their core values. From what the club has said this has been building for mths. Many posters on here were writing Josh off a few mths ago and now bagging the club for dropping him (assuming it has been for not buying into the 'team first' mentality which is crucial IMO). I do agree the 'PR' side of things is quite poor and ideally it was done BEFORE the last game of the year. Perhaps it sits in Joshs psyche all post season and he comes back better than ever. And perhaps not. Time will tell and it will be a fascinating watch - even including his motivation in todays SANFL game
They can look at Rachele and criticize him for not buying in, but they better be sure as hell looking at themselves and asking what could they do better to help that process.

It seems they've gone the route of a public shaming to get him to listen, which isn't the way to go about it.

Here’s the problem Rachelle is right, just needs to choose his words better and not lump every Port supporter as “toothless”. Yesterday we had a Port supporter give some lip to her friend whom was in our business, she turned around and had no front teeth. I peed myself and thought immediately where’s Josh to see this.
Last night walking past a bus stop on Currie st I was confronted by an Asian man yelling “power” wearing a huge smile, again missing teeth. I gave him a high five, we laughed, moved on and again thought where’s Josh to see this. Have a nice Sunday.

Thank you, Matty Wright

Josh went to a school a little while ago some friends of ours kids attend. He had so much time for them, made all of them love him but he became our friends kids favourite now just from that meeting.

One of them is Crows, the other Port. The Port one now kind of follows the Crows because of him.

Josh went to a school a little while ago some friends of ours kids attend. He had so much time for them, made all of them love him but he became our friends kids favourite now just from that meeting.

One of them is Crows, the other Port. The Port one now kind of follows the Crows because of him.

My son is a massive Keays fan. He was walking behind us and my son not knowing he wax a little loud as he is usually soft spoken says that's Ben Keays.
Ben smiles, gives the thumbs up and says G'day mate.
Kids remember those things. He said his girlfriend looks upset to which I reply she must be having a bad morning.

The main positive that makes me hope he’ll want his future to be here, is that he’s got a good number of close mates around the club (Soli/Nank in particular), plus his girlfriend (is she originally from SA)?

Yes, the senior players and coaches are being shitheads, but it feels like he would have a good support network other than that
If Josh can hang tough, it will be a short time now and the senior players will be gone.

Additionally, Nicks is surely on the edge of sacking. If I was Josh, I'd be happy to offer the club the ultimatum of sack Nicks or I'm wanting a trade.

This seems unrealistic but the club would consider this as the reality of losing another promising player because of culture is worse than keeping a failed coach. Sack Nicks now and the off season starts fresh and optimistic. Keep him and lose Rach, and we continue all this crap into another season.

Lastly, even though tough, there needs to be a ruthless look at the list. We all know the senior (old) players that should be cut now. Their experience is proving to now be negative.

Fresh start. New coach. Delist or SANFL for some players. Trust the future of our list.

But the club is one where it has no pluck or courage. Cowardly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Josh can hang tough, it will be a short time now and the senior players will be gone.

Additionally, Nicks is surely on the edge of sacking. If I was Josh, I'd be happy to offer the club the ultimatum of sack Nicks or I'm wanting a trade.

This seems unrealistic but the club would consider this as the reality of losing another promising player because of culture is worse than keeping a failed coach. Sack Nicks now and the off season starts fresh and optimistic. Keep him and lose Rach, and we continue all this crap into another season.

Lastly, even though tough, there needs to be a ruthless look at the list. We all know the senior (old) players that should be cut now. Their experience is proving to now be negative.

Fresh start. New coach. Delist or SANFL for some players. Trust the future of our list.

But the club is one where it has no pluck or courage. Cowardly.

The disaster (count in years) of retaining past-it older players for one last roll of the dice, or to save a coaching reputation etc is as old as football itself. Yes a balance must be struck to ensure a performance that provides some success for development of young promising players, but Nicks has been nothing but erratic, sporadically unprofessional in this regard, Particularly when taking into account his tenancy embodies a complete Club rebuild. The Club has stopped, started and stammered its way to where we are now - ridden with holes, outstandingly inconsistent, characterless and ill managed.
The man has yet to show his tenure as coach is building a better, brighter more professional club that demands respect is anywhere but on an unknown distant horizon.
I’m stopping here.

The disaster (count in years) of retaining past-it older players for one last roll of the dice, or to save a coaching reputation etc is as old as football itself. Yes a balance must be struck to ensure a performance that provides some success for development of young promising players, but Nicks has been nothing but erratic, sporadically unprofessional in this regard, Particularly when taking into account his tenancy embodies a complete Club rebuild. The Club has stopped, started and stammered its way to where we are now - ridden with holes, outstandingly inconsistent, characterless and ill managed.
The man has yet to show his tenure as coach is building a better, brighter more professional club that demands respect is anywhere but on an unknown distant horizon.
I’m stopping here.
Well, that was quite a word journey .....i'm tired now

Andrew Jarman and Vince towing the club line on triple M saying he's not mature enough for this league and needs to play SANFL this week

Remember when Bernie got filmed in his underpants in a pub and the club came out and backed him.

I’ve played footy against Andrew Jarman when he was playing Gaza 2s as a 50 year old, he is in no position to talk about maturity on a footy field.

Short memories boys.

My son is a massive Keays fan. He was walking behind us and my son not knowing he wax a little loud as he is usually soft spoken says that's Ben Keays.
Ben smiles, gives the thumbs up and says G'day mate.
Kids remember those things. He said his girlfriend looks upset to which I reply she must be having a bad morning.
There is no better PR for a footyclub than having senior team players meet and greet kids and go out of their way to speak to them if they are out and about. Kids remmber that stuff

Watching Toby Greene at GWS this afternoon I was thinking how long he would have remained at GWS if the club treated him like Rash has been treated by the AFC this week.

P
So you don't believe what Rachele said in his presser ? ......there's zero reason to not believe, unless you have evidence to support your claim

So which of your contradicting views are we to believe is the real one?

Don't believe for one second what players say publicly ! .....remember they're 20 / 21 year olds

It's quality of CBA's ....or should I say, what he does after the ball leaves the circle

3-4 weeks ago Rachele was inserted into CBA's in the 3rd qtr of a game ....he only lasted 10 min ....effort was minimal & he was walking up and down inside the centre square ....whilst Soligo was down in the opposition goal square ....that's the difference in effort

No use keeping him in CBA's if he isn't going to play the role the Coaches want ......and then supporters blame the Van Berlo, because we're getting smashed in the midfield

It's a hiding to nothing scenario

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back