Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone annoyed they took in a sore Hinge and now its resulting in a stint on the sidelines or just me?

Unless it's just 3D Chess for tanking this weekend in an 8-point games but I wouldn't give them that much credit

At this stage of the season, pretty much every player would be carrying something. Dawson's been half-fit for weeks. It's also a cost-benefit assessment about which players can perform near their optimum level despite physical concerns. Hinge has had a great few weeks where he didn't look hampered whatsoever, it just didn't work out this week.

Of the things to criticise about the club, I actually trust the medical/conditioning stuff, especially with Burgess in the role.

Anyone annoyed they took in a sore Hinge and now its resulting in a stint on the sidelines or just me?

Unless it's just 3D Chess for tanking this weekend in an 8-point games but I wouldn't give them that much credit

We are a club that doesn't tank, not under any circumstances. Our philosophy is built upon this week's 4 points being the only reward worthy of consideration.

How long is the stint? 1 week on AFL.com. I can't bring myself to listen to anyone from the club speak anymore.

We are a club that doesn't tank, not under any circumstances. Our philosophy is built upon this week's 4 points being the only reward worthy of consideration.
I think you're right.

This week however, permits options for the wider football department than the 4 are worth.

Hope we play all the kids and put up a great fight.... but give st Kilda the points. Complete and utter no brainer!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering if we'll give Murray a week off for management after coming back from the knee next week so Wooz comes back in. Then hope Butts has been carrying something and we can put him in for surgery. Need to keep Keane in the team if we are trading him so we can say he is in our best team

Wondering if we'll give Murray a week off for management after coming back from the knee next week so Wooz comes back in. Then hope Butts has been carrying something and we can put him in for surgery. Need to keep Keane in the team if we are trading him so we can say he is in our best team
They'll give him a run in he 2's first is my guess

Who drops out for Worrell when he's available?
Depends on the opposition forward line.

Worrell & Murray clearly play when fit.

Would then pick either Butts or Keane depending on whether we need to lockdowj on an opposition tall forward or not.

Who drops out for Worrell when he's available?

It's a seriously challenging question. I don't think we can play all four tall defenders long-term. Earlier in the season I would have said Butts drops out, but he's actually been pretty good lately. Keane is much better offensively, but gets lost defensively at times.

For now, I would keep all four in until the end of the season, just in case the decision gets made for us by Keane leaving. No point getting Butts offside now only for Keane to leave, and no point dropping Keane and contributing towards his desire to leave while also lessening his trade value.

Long-term, I think we need to work out whether Keane's lack of defensive awareness matters that much when Worrell is also floating around. Keane does fine when he's running with a leading forward, but not so much when the ball goes over his head and he loses his man. Perhaps that situation gets nullified if Worrell is playing? If so, I would look to make Murray, Worrell and Keane our main key defenders, and Butts can stay on the list as depth cover if he wants. If not, then Butts gets the nod over Keane.

Before the end of the season, we should try seeing if any of the four work as a key forward. Hell, give each of them a quarter up forward per match.

It's a seriously challenging question. I don't think we can play all four tall defenders long-term. Earlier in the season I would have said Butts drops out, but he's actually been pretty good lately. Keane is much better offensively, but gets lost defensively at times.

For now, I would keep all four in until the end of the season, just in case the decision gets made for us by Keane leaving. No point getting Butts offside now only for Keane to leave, and no point dropping Keane and contributing towards his desire to leave while also lessening his trade value.

Long-term, I think we need to work out whether Keane's lack of defensive awareness matters that much when Worrell is also floating around. Keane does fine when he's running with a leading forward, but not so much when the ball goes over his head and he loses his man. Perhaps that situation gets nullified if Worrell is playing? If so, I would look to make Murray, Worrell and Keane our main key defenders, and Butts can stay on the list as depth cover if he wants. If not, then Butts gets the nod over Keane.

Before the end of the season, we should try seeing if any of the four work as a key forward. Hell, give each of them a quarter up forward per match.

Heading into 2024 I thought the decision we would need to make would be Butts v Keane, but I actually think it will be Keane vs Worrell now. Butts is having an under-rated season and is much better defensively than Keane (and a bit more size).

I think we will let Keane go to be honest and its probably the right move.

For me - I think our best 5 defenders are locked in for 2025 will be this:

Michalanney - Butts - Worrell
Hinge - Murray - ??????

7th Defender - ????

Thoughts on the two spots:

Smith - Time to move on.
Milera - I don't think he comes back in 2025. Same injury that wrecked his 2021 he was a shell of himself in 2022.
Jones - Yuck
Hamill - Poor mans Jones
Nankervis - Needs to play up the ground.
Parnell - Delist.

Too early - Ryan / Bond / Edwards.

Unsure - Curtin (who knows what the club wants to do with him).

We definitely need to recruit / poach a rebounding half back.

Heading into 2024 I thought the decision we would need to make would be Butts v Keane, but I actually think it will be Keane vs Worrell now. Butts is having an under-rated season and is much better defensively than Keane (and a bit more size).
If that is the question then it's a no-brainer. I like Keane but Worrell is well ahead of him.

I think we will let Keane go to be honest and its probably the right move.

For me - I think our best 5 defenders are locked in for 2025 will be this:

Michalanney - Butts - Worrell
Hinge - Murray - ??????

7th Defender - ????

Thoughts on the two spots:

Smith - Time to move on.
Milera - I don't think he comes back in 2025. Same injury that wrecked his 2021 he was a shell of himself in 2022.
Jones - Yuck
Hamill - Poor mans Jones
Nankervis - Needs to play up the ground.
Parnell - Delist.

Too early - Ryan / Bond / Edwards.

Unsure - Curtin (who knows what the club wants to do with him).

We definitely need to recruit / poach a rebounding half back.
If Keane stays I would like us to try either him or Worrell forward, especially with Tex nearing the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Back