Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a better idea: The Cats just give the Lions pick 19 :D
Lions give Schache for the Tigers' pick 17- Values Schache at pick 17.
I would rather the upgrade scenario, draft points merely for comparison purposes.

Going into the draft with 2 picks in the top 9 trumps another pick in the high teens region especially when we already hold picks 18 and 20.

Then why is Schache's value to the Lions as a forward being dismissed by the likes of Mick McGuane on the basis he supposedly can't take contested marks, because of the rules in the U18 competition. Neither did Franklin in his first two years and yet he is now considered an AFL superstar. Schache is supposedly a 'lemon"? Really?

He has a large tank in terms of endurance and moves well. His athleticism as such is obviously not as good as Lance Franklin's, but he has considerable athleticism and is an athletic forward in the mold of Franklin. He runs himself into the ground...runs a long way upfield. He and Harris Andrews were the best runners in the group in the 2017 pre-season.

Nick Riewoldt but not as quick?

We'll take him for pick 22 or possibly 19 if that's ok?

When he becomes a free agent, yeah sure. Until then....

AA140416GI0025-e1472523536881-760x438.jpg

I would rather the upgrade scenario, draft points merely for comparison purposes.

Going into the draft with 2 picks in the top 9 trumps another pick in the high teens region especially when we already hold picks 18 and 20.
Totally agree. Was just having some fun.

Exactly. They've cracked the shits no one wants him. They resigned him with the intention of trading him.

Madness. Anyway I hope they enjoy being stuck with someone who doesn't want to be there.

There’s 2 big leaps of faith there you have to take to reach that conclusion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond are all over this kid,
Makes me wonder how they have a salary cap left re D.Martin.

First time I’ve heard this coming from an oppo supporter. What have you heard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems the Lions just don’t have a good enough welfare system to help the kid. The tigers are probably the better bet for his own sake. If he can’t find a club that is happy to take him, I fear Schache will continue to flounder at the Lions and have a very short career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems the Lions just don’t have a good enough welfare system to help the kid. The tigers are probably the better bet for his own sake. If he can’t find a club that is happy to take him, I fear Schache will continue to flounder at the Lions and have a very short career.
Typical magpie dribble !

That would depend on whether:

A) Collingwood rates Schache higher than Balta.

B) Schache has an underlying issue/s that the public are not aware of.

C) Collingwood intend to use Balta (assuming he’s our target) as a forward or defender.

Amongst other things.

Personally I’d rather bypass Schache and trade 6+38 for 12 and 18, which would likely land us Balta and Richards (or another KPP or maybe Bonar). There’s just something that doesn’t feel right about Brisbane suddenly being so open to trading him after fighting tooth and nail for his signature a few months ago.
I'll say it Again, they resigned him to get a better trade to get him to victoria like he wanted, was a win win.

A lot of clubs are waiting on our decision as to whether we will accept him or not. If not then other clubs are back in the hunt and there will be a fight to sign him.
I've heard he told his management he wasn't impressed when dealing with Richmond and not Richmond going off him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Schache [traded to Bulldogs]

Back