Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you consider fair and equal?
Lions give Schache and pick 18 for the Pies picks 6 and 38- Values Schache at pick 13.
Lions give Schache and pick 18 for the Dogs picks 9 and 28- Values Schache at pick 14.
Lions give Schache and pick 18 for the Saints picks 7 and 45- Values Schache at pick 18.
Lions give Schache to the Hawks for their 2018 1st rounder.

Obviously not prepared to pay what Brisbane consider to be a "fair and equal" price for a 20 year contracted player taken at Pick 2 in the 2015 draft .
Yeh sorry but it's not that as much as you would like it to be. The kid has issues, if he didn't, clubs would be fighting over themselves to get him, there would not be any issue with outside interest. As it stands there's only a couple of clubs with fleeting interest.

Yet despite the U18 rules Schache still grabbed 21 contested marks from the 68 marks he took in 2016. 30%. Just under a third of all his marks.

Lance Franklin took 10 contested marks from his 75 marks (20 games) in his first season. 13%. Franklin took 6 contested marks (14 games) from his 53 marks in his second season (2006) 11%. Average 3.7 marks per game.

(Schache took 39 marks from 10 games in 2017. Average 3.9 marks per game)

Probably not the best comparison. For someone of his size Franklin is an average contested mark. Fortunately he has that athleticism.

Lions give Schache and pick 18 for the Pies picks 6 and 38- Values Schache at pick 13.
Lions give Schache and pick 18 for the Dogs picks 9 and 28- Values Schache at pick 14.
Lions give Schache and pick 18 for the Saints picks 7 and 45- Values Schache at pick 18.
Pies give 6 & 38 for 12 and Schache. Values Schache at 19. Much better.

Yeh sorry but it's not that as much as you would like it to be.

Then the conclusion is obvious.

Josh_Schache.jpg

The kid has issues,

Media hyperbole, innuendo and unsubstianted rumour chiefly. But otherwise no different to Cameron, Weller and Lever, just to name a few for this year.

if he didn't, clubs would be fighting over themselves to get him, there would not be any issue with outside interest. As it stands there's only a couple of clubs with fleeting interest.

Then it's.....

AA140416GI0025-e1472523536881-760x438.jpg

Probably not the best comparison. For someone of his size Franklin is an average contested mark. Fortunately he has that athleticism.

And yet Franklin is a superstar of the game.

I think its a very good comparison. Schache is the same height (199 cm) and has the same athleticism as Franklin.

Pies give 6 & 38 for 12 and Schache. Values Schache at 19. Much better.

I'll be very surprised if you don't take pick 6 to the draft.

Edit: But in terms of the deal itself, I think that's pretty good for both parties. Lions get two gun mids with picks 1 & 6. Only danger is having two picks in the Ballenden 'danger zone' 18 & 20. I'm assuming the Cameron deal doesn't get done.

I think its a very good comparison. Schache is the same height (199 cm) and has the same athleticism as Franklin.

I wasn't disputing Franklin being a superstar, just that it isn't based on his contested marking which is average.

Does Schache really move as well as Franklin? I'd be impressed if he could run away from opponents while bouncing down the wing. Is that what you expect to see from him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't disputing Franklin being a superstar, just that it isn't based on his contested marking which is average.

Then why is Schache's value to the Lions as a forward being dismissed by the likes of Mick McGuane on the basis he supposedly can't take contested marks, because of the rules in the U18 competition. Neither did Franklin in his first two years and yet he is now considered an AFL superstar. Schache is supposedly a 'lemon"? Really?

Does Schache really move as well as Franklin? I'd be impressed if he could run away from opponents while bouncing down the wing. Is that what you expect to see from him?

He has a large tank in terms of endurance and moves well. His athleticism as such is obviously not as good as Lance Franklin's, but he has considerable athleticism and is an athletic forward in the mold of Franklin. He runs himself into the ground...runs a long way upfield. He and Harris Andrews were the best runners in the group in the 2017 pre-season.

I'll be very surprised if you don't take pick 6 to the draft.

Edit: But in terms of the deal itself, I think that's pretty good for both parties. Lions get two gun mids with picks 1 & 6. Only danger is having two picks in the Ballenden 'danger zone' 18 & 20. I'm assuming the Cameron deal doesn't get done.
Yeah, it seems that way, but a deal like that would be mighty tempting. We could land Balta at 12 and suddenly our KPP stocks are looking pretty good.

Not even close to it. Hipwood is a closer match to Franklin.

Then the conclusion is obvious.

Josh_Schache.jpg

Media hyperbole, innuendo and unsubstianted rumour chiefly. But otherwise no different to Cameron, Weller and Lever, just to name a few for this year.

Then it's.....

AA140416GI0025-e1472523536881-760x438.jpg
Yes thats fine, he'll stay a Lion for the next 2 years. There is obviously a lot of work to be done with him though, especially off field, and best of luck to both the club and player.

We'll take him for pick 22 or possibly 19 if that's ok?

Lions give Schache for the Tigers' pick 17- Values Schache at pick 17.

Also mentioned that nobody has spoken to him about Schache and Josh has not had any interviews or medicals at any club,Wouldnt put a price on Josh but mentioned 4 times that Brisbane were happy to keep him.

Then why approach the kid and tell him if a suitable deal was presented you would consider - Really strange situation
Noble sounding slightly desperate in the interview and perhaps expected more interest than what has eventuated

If they have signed Schache with the intentions of increasing his value during a trade and that was their purpose of the re signing then they have played it very badly and have done more damage than good

Exactly. They've cracked the shits no one wants him. They resigned him with the intention of trading him.

Madness. Anyway I hope they enjoy being stuck with someone who doesn't want to be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Schache [traded to Bulldogs]

Back