• another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It is going to be an embarrassing backflip for Brisbane when they

a.) Trade him to a club for a third rounder
b.) Keep him on the books only for him to do a McCarthy.

Remember originally they DEMANDED two firsts, hilarious.

Whatever it is, can't be as bad as Collingwood enforcing the 2pm deadline for Beams before looking red-faced. :oops:

Haha Brisbane have no pressure here, and nowhere have they demanded 2 1st rounders. Nice trolling though.

Remember originally they DEMANDED two firsts, hilarious.

No, I don't remember. Feel free to refresh our memory with some kind of credible report? Surely you wouldn't be making stuff up, that'd be too hilarious.

No, I don't remember. Feel free to refresh our memory with some kind of credible report? Surely you wouldn't be making stuff up, that'd be too hilarious.

I've read articles where Pies have been priced out because Brisbane were demanding two firsts. Didn't make it up. Don't blame me.

No-ones even offering a 3rd rounder. No-one wants him on their list.

I have been accused of trolling by a mod, but, I have heard from impeccable sources on another site that the Pies were priced out because Brisbane were asking for too much, and I'm sure I also heard their original demands were in the ballpark of two firsts from somewhere.

Anyways, two firsts or a first, it's certainly a nice backflip, tail between legs.

For a player that seemingly every opposition supporter bags and says he isn't worth it this thread certainly generates a decent amount of traffic.

No one is forcing a club to take him, she'll be sweet, I for one would be rapt if Josh was to stay with us. He's a young guy finding his way in life, some mature later than others, I'm confident he will end up a very good player I just hope it is with us.

I have been accused of trolling by a mod, but, I have heard from impeccable sources on another site that the Pies were priced out because Brisbane were asking for too much, and I'm sure I also heard their original demands were in the ballpark of two firsts from somewhere.

Anyways, two firsts or a first, it's certainly a nice backflip, tail between legs.
Come on guys, it's getting a bit sad now. You're literally shit-talking a 20-year old with mental health issues because your club isn't going to be able to grab him on the cheap. I mean, really?

That said, it is impressive that you know exactly which clubs have made offers and what they were. Normally that sort of information stays behind closed doors, but it's cool that you two have the inside word. The fact that the inside information lines up exactly with your shit-talking agenda is pretty neat too!

Haha what bollocks. Victorian teams are not interested because for once, they'd have to actually pay for what a player is worth instead of getting them for cheap like they have been for the last decade. And Collingwood come out and declare they have enough space for Tom Lynch, but cry foul when a northern club comes knocking for one of their players.

Come on guys, it's getting a bit sad now. You're literally shit-talking a 20-year old with mental health issues because your club isn't going to be able to grab him on the cheap. I mean, really?

That said, it is impressive that you know exactly which clubs have made offers and what they were. Normally that sort of information stays behind closed doors, but it's cool that you two have the inside word. The fact that the inside information lines up exactly with your shit-talking agenda is pretty neat too!

I wish Schache all the best.
But, I have schadenfreude at the Brisbane posters on here though. I'm transparent about that, which is quite refreshing.
I'm certainly entitled to those 'feelings'.

Haha what bollocks. Victorian teams are not interested because for once, they'd have to actually pay for what a player is worth instead of getting them for cheap like they have been for the last decade. And Collingwood come out and declare they have enough space for Tom Lynch, but cry foul when a northern club comes knocking for one of their players.
What is he worth though? Former pick 2 coming into his 3rd season with mental health issues, the answer is 'not a lot'.

I really feel for you guys, not being a smart arse either, IMO you should've received a before first round priority pick this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's that we don't want him at the price Brisbane are asking. Now if he's got serious problems that means he really needs to move back home, Brisbane will fold and someone (I imagine probably us) will get him for the price they are willing to pay. If his problems aren't that bad he'll stay in Brisbane and hopefully become the player he has the obvious ability to be. Either way it works out the way it should.

Haha what bollocks. Victorian teams are not interested because for once, they'd have to actually pay for what a player is worth instead of getting them for cheap like they have been for the last decade.
Or maybe they’re not interested because there’s some other issue that hasn’t been publicly disclosed. It’s hard to imagine that Brisbane would be playing some kind of hardball game given that they’re the ones who suggested to Josh that they would try to find a trade for him.

As it stands the above statement is about as factual as yours. Nobody here knows the real reason that clubs have gone cold on Schache, but it’s doubtful that the only reason is Brisbane demanding too much given the circumstances.
And Collingwood come out and declare they have enough space for Tom Lynch, but cry foul when a northern club comes knocking for one of their players.
In response to a direct question about whether we could afford him or not. It wasn’t a public declaration that we are chasing him, it was just a confirmation that we could afford him if he becomes available. But yes, let’s turn it in to something it wasn’t to suit your narrative.

It's honestly astounding how insecure some Richmond fans are only weeks after winning the grand final.
How are we insecure ?

I dont get it, We were interested and the deal isnt happening and unless its a bargain we dont want him
Extremely confident in our team after winning a grand final - How do you get insecure

Love to know how you came to this conclusion and basis behind that

No-ones even offering a 3rd rounder.

How do you know what's been offered? No doubt Noble had a good laugh at Adelaide's reported request for Dayne Zorko in return for Cameron. I'm sure he would been roaring with derisive laughter at a club offer for Schache of a third rounder.

No-one wants him on their list.

Yeah. Not at the price Brisbane wants in return for contracted Pick 2 KPF.

No talks around Schache. No medicals. No offers, not even lowballs. No-one offering even pick 50 for him. Tumbleweeds. Clearly something going on.

I don't recall Brisbane going public with any minim requirements either. Just that the deal has to be right. The Lions have been pretty damn accommodating to clubs seeking a trade but not a single bite.

Wow.

For a player that seemingly every opposition supporter bags and says he isn't worth it this thread certainly generates a decent amount of traffic.

No one is forcing a club to take him, she'll be sweet, I for one would be rapt if Josh was to stay with us. He's a young guy finding his way in life, some mature later than others, I'm confident he will end up a very good player I just hope it is with us.

Can we give you Ben Lennon to keep him company as he is probably in the same position , You could have them both
no need for picks - Free to good home

Every club linked to Schache has come out and said they're not interested. Since we are expected to take at face value every statement from the Brisbane Lions we can only do the same for the other clubs.

When they say they're not interested. They're not interested.

Or maybe they’re not interested because there’s some other issue that hasn’t been publicly disclosed. It’s hard to imagine that Brisbane would be playing some kind of hardball game given that they’re the ones who suggested to Josh that they would try to find a trade for him.

They didn't promise to find a trade for him any cost. It was quite clearly stated...

"We’d love him to stay. If a trade can be fair and equal for both [club and player] we’d be happy you know to facilitate that – Josh was up for that, but you know what... if he doesn’t, we’re going to work our backsides off with Josh to make him the player we think he can be and if that’s at Brisbane and it’s ends up he’s with us for another four or five years, then so be it."

As it stands the above statement is about as factual as yours. Nobody here knows the real reason that clubs have gone cold on Schache, but it’s doubtful that the only reason is Brisbane demanding too much given the circumstances.

See above.

In response to a direct question about whether we could afford him or not. It wasn’t a public declaration that we are chasing him, it was just a confirmation that we could afford him if he becomes available.

But Richmond and/or Collingwood didn't have the trade currecncy or wasn't prepared to meet Brisbane's price with what they did have.

Every club linked to Schache has come out and said they're not interested. Since we are expected to take at face value every statement from the Brisbane Lions we can only do the same for the other clubs.

When they say they're not interested. They're not interested.
They are not interested at the price we are asking so by extension we mustn't be desperate to get rid of him as many keep implying.

I'm happy to keep him and and the club has said through David Noble many times that we are happy for Josh to stay a Lion, this is not a Stinger or Watts situation.

No talks around Schache. No medicals. No offers, not even lowballs. No-one offering even pick 50 for him. Tumbleweeds. Clearly something going on.

Hiw do you know this?

I don't recall Brisbane going public with any minim requirements either. Just that the deal has to be right. The Lions have been pretty damn accommodating to clubs seeking a trade but not a single bite.

How do you know this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Schache [traded to Bulldogs]

Back