• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a weird situation. One day left and he hasn't even nominated a club. That's normally done fairly early and all the argy bargy is about which picks and players the host club wants.

You can’t nominate a club if no club has nominated you.

Watts suffered that charade with Geelong, all but nominating them until they suddenly withdrew their interest. And then continued the charade with Port, not nominating them until the eleventh hour when clearly they were the only buyer.

Last edited:

You can’t nominate a club if no club has nominated you.

Watts suffered that charade with Geelong, all but nominating them until they suddenly withdrew their interest. And then continued the charade with Port, not nominating them until the eleventh hour when clearly they were the only buyer.
Yep. You got the sense Watts was waiting and waiting for Geelong to come to the party. In the end he had to settle for Port.

Watts has a lot more currency than Schache.

Will go to Richmond for significantly less then Brisbane wanted tomorrow

Stop giving me false hope. I’ve got Cornesy loaded up ready to go at 2:01pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't promise to find a trade for him any cost. It was quite clearly stated...

"We’d love him to stay. If a trade can be fair and equal for both [club and player] we’d be happy you know to facilitate that – Josh was up for that, but you know what... if he doesn’t, we’re going to work our backsides off with Josh to make him the player we think he can be and if that’s at Brisbane and it’s ends up he’s with us for another four or five years, then so be it.”
God you’re so tedious, repeating the same quotes over and over as if we haven’t seen them before...

If you can find a quote of me saying that Brisbane said they’d trade him at any cost I’d love to see it, but as it stands you’re twisting my words. Brisbane approached and offered Josh a trade back to Victoria. That is fact. The rest is speculation. As I said, it’s hard to imagine that Brisbane would play hardball and be demanding ludicrous compensation under those circumstances. I am not implying that clubs expected to get him for nothing. My opinion though, is that they wouldn’t be demanding a ludicrous price like pick 6 + steak knives for example.
Given that both Collingwood and Richmond were both offering mammoth contracts a few months ago and now seemingly have zero interest, it’s not unreasonable to imagine that something else is going on that the general public are not aware of.
See above.
See above.

But Richmond and/or Collingwood didn't have the trade currecncy or wasn't prepared to meet Brisbane's price with what they did have.
This is actually genuinely hilarious. You have no idea whether or not this is the case, you’ve just decided that this is what happened in your mind to suit your narrative. After pages and pages of quoting Noble and telling people they aren’t using facts you’re doing exactly the same thing.

Now if we want to use actual facts here, the last I heard from the Lions was that although some clubs had made preliminary enquiries, no clubs had made any formal offer, either to Josh or Brisbane. Why this is the case is pure speculation. Saying that other clubs don’t have the currency is pure unadulterated garbage. If a club is keen on a player but don’t have the right picks then they go and get them. In Richmond’s case they’re perfectly capable of trading in to the top 10 with their two firsts. Collingwood has a top 6 pick to work with. Both clubs have future picks to work with. So let’s chuck that BS line out the window right now. The interested clubs had plenty to work with.
As for being unwilling to meet your clubs demands? That’s the case with the majority of trades. Offers are made, negotiations take place, and more often than not, middle ground is found. In this case? No offers were even made. Not one. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Clubs are so disinterested in acquiring Schache that none have even bothered to make an offer to see if they got a nibble. Why this has happened is anyone’s guess. And that’s all it is. A guess. From an outside perspective it looks like there’s something else going on. From your perspective it looks like clubs aren’t willing to meet Brisbane’s demands. These are both perfectly valid opinions to have, but please stop trying to pass off your opinion on this as binding fact. It just makes you look like a massive hypocrite.

Last edited:
Ch7 mentioned Brisbane interested in Jong and still whispers for dogs and Schache.
There are whispers about a lot of things, but as it stands the official line from the Dogs is that they won’t be making an offer.

Clubs generally dont throw ambit insulting offers out there just in the hope of grabbing an uber bargain. (they'll generally save that for DFA picks) Its not Trash and Treasure. They either want a player or they dont. If they want a player they will put a half reasonable ball park offer out and start haggling. None of this has happened in this case. Meaning its very unlikely Shhache drew any interest of note. Time will tell if Richmond (for example) has made a mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something is up here, Dogs, Pies, Cats, Hawks all need key talls and no offers for a former pick 2.
Careful, you might get some quotes from Noble thrown at you.

Something is up here, Dogs, Pies, Cats, Hawks all need key talls and no offers for a former pick 2.

Its pretty much a given that Collingwood is in the box seat for Lynch in 12 months time. Dogs are probably gun shy after recent KPF recruitments and a headcase forward the are trying to get rid of. Cats and Hawks maybe.

The thing that amazes me is that i am 52 years old and been following trades and drafts since i can remember, I have never see a situation like this.

199cm 96kg CHF 20 years old #2 in a decent draft with great athleticism good mark and superb kick only issue in his game is his instinct to hit packs hard
and determination to put body on the line for the ball (But he's young so wouldnt look that much into that)

But no clubs are coming after him, Is this kid so badly damaged,Surely cannot be the go home factor as many youngsters have gone home and had many suitors even Richard tambling got us a round 1 pick as well as a round 4 pick.

There has to be some serious sh!t going on with Schache as clubs are avoiding him like the plague

God you’re so tedious, repeating the same quotes over and over as if we haven’t seen them before...

If you can find a quote of me saying that Brisbane said they’d trade him at any cost I’d love to see it, but as it stands you’re twisting my words. Brisbane approached and offered Josh a trade back to Victoria. That is fact. The rest is speculation. As I said, it’s hard to imagine that Brisbane would play hardball and be demanding ludicrous compensation under those circumstances. I am not implying that clubs expected to get him for nothing. My opinion though, is that they wouldn’t be demanding a ludicrous price like pick 6 + steak knives for example.
Given that both Collingwood and Richmond were both offering mammoth contracts a few months ago and now seemingly have zero interest, it’s not unreasonable to imagine that something else is going on that the general public are not aware of.

See above.

This is actually genuinely hilarious. You have no idea whether or not this is the case, you’ve just decided that this is what happened in your mind to suit your narrative. After pages and pages of quoting Noble and telling people they aren’t using facts you’re doing exactly the same thing.

Now if we want to use actual facts here, the last I heard from the Lions was that although some clubs had made preliminary enquiries, no clubs had made any formal offer, either to Josh or Brisbane. Why this is the case is pure speculation. Saying that other clubs don’t have the currency is pure unadulterated garbage. If a club is keen on a player but don’t have the right picks then they go and get them. In Richmond’s case they’re perfectly capable of trading in to the top 10 with their two firsts. Collingwood has a top 6 pick to work with. Both clubs have future picks to work with. So let’s chuck that BS line out the window right now. The interested clubs had plenty to work with.
As for being unwilling to meet your clubs demands? That’s the case with the majority of trades. Offers are made, negotiations take place, and more often than not, middle ground is found. In this case? No offers were even made. Not one. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Clubs are so disinterested in acquiring Schache that none have even bothered to make an offer to see if they got a nibble. Why this has happened is anyone’s guess. And that’s all it is. A guess. From an outside perspective it looks like there’s something else going on. From your perspective it looks like clubs aren’t willing to meet Brisbane’s demands. These are both perfectly valid opinions to have, but please stop trying to pass off your opinion on this as binding fact. It just makes you look like a massive hypocrite.

Best post in this thread. Better than that Geelong flogs post.

Where's that Schache pic again?

Serious question, what the **** have Brisbane done to ruin the poor kid?

So many players that have left that basket case have turned out good like Docherty, Polec, Longer etc.

So many players that have left that basket case have turned out good like Docherty, Polec, Longer etc.

2016 for us was close to top 10 for worst ever seasons in AFL/VFL if you judge on a teams end of year %.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's a shock, players get better as they get older and more experienced. Docherty and Longer were at Brisbane for two years, and Polec for three.

It's a weird situation. One day left and he hasn't even nominated a club. That's normally done fairly early and all the argy bargy is about which picks and players the host club wants.

This

Something dont feel right about this one

Will go to Richmond for significantly less then Brisbane wanted tomorrow
Hes staying at the Lions.
If he was coming to us, the media would be all over it, it would be big news.

We had interest, earlier in the year, we dont anymore. Numerous sources habe said we are taking our picks to the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Schache [traded to Bulldogs]

Back