• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

HTTP3JlYWN0aW9uZ2lmLm9yZy93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvR0lGLzIwMTQvMTAvV2UtYXJlLWxhdWdoaW5nLUdJRi5naWYlog.gif

Show me all the clubs chasing him?

Anyone?

It’s like a house auction with no bidders and then the owners say “ah well, we’re actually happy to keep the house, this is a great outcome”.

Oh, so Schache didn’t drive home with all his possessions the week before his NEAFL Grand Final? And he didn’t break down in tears?

So much Brisbane bias.

I’m just stating facts bro

Nobody wants him... but I must be making this all up, right!

Why did Richmond, including Leppitsch, tell Ralph the tears story wasn't true? Are you accusing your club of lying?

Anyone?

It’s like a house auction with no bidders and then the owners say “ah well, we’re actually happy to keep the house, this is a great outcome”.
Its more like a house auction where no-one got close to the reserve, so the house will be taken off the market, some work put into it, and will be back on the market in 12-24 months

Why did Richmond, including Leppitsch, tell Ralph the tears story wasn't true? Are you accusing your club of lying?

Probably because Brisbane are pissed at our conduct behind the scenes and we’re smoothing things over with them.

If it was just homesickness Brisbane would have all VIC clubs bidding.

Its more like a house auction where no-one got close to the reserve, so the house will be taken off the market, some work put into it, and will be back on the market in 12-24 months

Nah, more like the whole town showed up for the auction and discovered the foundations were stuffed and the house had to be knocked down so wasn’t worth the cost.

honestly is crying in the interview even that big of a deal. the link between that and whether he is going to make it or not seems tenuous at best.

What about missing a Grand Final because he was tired?

I noticed Brisbane supporters didn’t respond to that little fact.

Anyone?

We want a high price which we are entitled to ask, Schache his management and the Lions through David Noble have said they are happy for him to stay if a satisfactory deal for both parties can not be arranged, he had a meeting with Chris Fagan yesterday.

You are merely falling for the clickbait MSM generated shallow narrative R2M.

Probably because Brisbane are pissed at our conduct behind the scenes and we’re smoothing things over with them.

If it was just homesickness Brisbane would have all VIC clubs bidding.

He is a contracted player, so Brisbane will need to receive overs for Schache to let him go. Clubs don't want to pay overs. Just like Gibbs last year, the potential receiving club(s) wouldn't pay the necessary asking price, so the deal didn't get done.

I really don't understand why you seem determined to make some sort of conspiracy out of that.

honestly is crying in the interview even that big of a deal. the link between that and whether he is going to make it or not seems tenuous at best.
Agree. Lots of people get a bit emotional when talking about their family or whatever.

the dude is trying to convince a potential employer he is worth the million bucks. It's a lot of pressure for any kid.

Nah, more like the whole town showed up for the auction and discovered the foundations were stuffed and the house had to be knocked down so wasn’t worth the cost.
House needs to be knocked down? We'll see... he's only been in the AFL for two years. Could absolutely be a bust, could even walk away from footy... but we don't know that yet. It's probably in the Lions best interest to see what happens rather than accept a low pick in a poor draft.

He is a contracted player, so Brisbane will need to receive overs for Schache to let him go. Clubs don't want to pay overs. Just like Gibbs last year, the potential receiving club(s) wouldn't pay the necessary asking price, so the deal didn't get done.

I really don't understand why you seem determined to make some sort of conspiracy out of that.

Clubs aren’t even offering a Pick in the 20’s (or teens) for a 20yo KPF Pick 2.

That’s a lot more than simply not being willing to pay overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Lots of people get a bit emotional when talking about their family or whatever.

the dude is trying to convince a potential employer he is worth the million bucks. It's a lot of pressure for any kid.

Some kids like Dusty handle pressure by putting in their best season.

Other players can’t handle the pressure and go home / retire early.

I think inability to ha sleep pressure is a very serious issue and I’m glad Brisbane will need to shoulder the risk here.

Anyway, I’m just procrastinating from exams. Time to get back to work!

Thanks for the banter

Your narrative is popular with Brisbane supporters, but players don’t miss Grand Finals due to “a little bit of homesickness”.

I’m just stating a far more rational and logical narrative that is far closer to the reality.

Facts:

- 20yo Pick 2, KPF
- Great kid (well liked)
- Extremely talented
- Not 1 club is interested in him
- Brisbane happy to trade him
- Missed a GRAND FINAL due to “mental fatigue”
- Broke down in tears in an interview when asked why he wasn’t performing as well this year compared to last year
- Stated he passionately wanted to stay at Brisbane long-term, then 15 months later couldn’t cope and went home
- Not even Collingwood want him

These are the facts and I understand that Brisbane supporters are feeling upset over their Pick 2 being a bust.

But hey - The Tigers have had busts with early picks before too... we had to pick Fiora/Tambling with 3 + 4 before drafting Martin/Cotchin with 2 + 3.

It happens.

I think you are being a bit ambitious stating these as facts.

I would love for us to get him, because he is obviously a talent. However, the following are half-facts at best

- Not 1 club is interested in him (at the price Brisbane want)
- Brisbane happy to trade him (at the price Brisbane want)

This a repeat of the same "fact"
- Not even Collingwood want him

This has been reported as untrue
- Broke down in tears in an interview when asked why he wasn’t performing as well this year compared to last year

So the facts are closer to

- 20yo Pick 2, KPF
- Great kid (well liked)
- Extremely talented
- Missed a GRAND FINAL due to “mental fatigue”

The below is debatable as I don't believe he has requested to be traded home, though open to it if Brisbane can get a favourable deal.

- Stated he passionately wanted to stay at Brisbane long-term, then 15 months later couldn’t cope and went home

I think realistically at this point, now knowing about his mental state, Brisbane think there is a 40-45% chance of Schache is going to be an A-grade talent. If a team is not willing to offer talent/picks that give a 45%+ chance of being an A-grader (say pick 15 or lower) then they are not interested. It's pretty standard selling behaviour. Hence reserves set on homes/eBay

If we want a player who has a 45-55% chance of being an A-grader at the Tiges (enhanced chance due to being in Melbourne) we need to give up something in line with that potential reward.

It is going to be an embarrassing backflip for Brisbane when they

a.) Trade him to a club for a third rounder
b.) Keep him on the books only for him to do a McCarthy.

Remember originally they DEMANDED two firsts, hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Schache [traded to Bulldogs]

Back