Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as we all love Bathurst, one round is and always has been enough.

SMP is a garbage tip that no one goes to, but the night racing gives it something different and I'm a bit meh on QR but TQ puts a lot of money into the sport and the facilities are meant to be really good

Glad they’ve gone back to only one round at Bathurst.

Agree with what others have said and happy they are trying something different. First thought is the finals format lends itself more to when there are more high profile drivers on the grid which they are a bit light on at the moment
It was pretty much a one-off this year, after the Newcastle City Council pulled the plug on the Newcastle 500 and they didn't have time to come up with a better replacement.

Why not? They didn't have a round at The Bend this year, and the fixture was all the better for the absence.
The Bend is one of the best motorsport facilities in the world. To not have a round there is criminal.

The issue has been WHEN they've had it in the past.

I'm going to gather you've never been or you wouldn't say something incredibly stupid.

Save the Bend for the sprints. I love watching the Sandown 500 because it’s a great track for exciting racing. If you shift an Enduro to the Bend it’ll be a borefest.
Sandown is not a great track, maybe 2 decent corners and 1 of those has been modified with concrete.

Having the enduro in September will enable the The Bend to utilise the enormous camping grounds they've got up there.

The Bend is one of the best motorsport facilities in the world. To not have a round there is criminal.

The issue has been WHEN they've had it in the past.

I'm going to gather you've never been or you wouldn't say something incredibly stupid.
It's a great facility... but it's ugly and boring. It's a white elephant, and Supercars shouldn't be racing there just because the Shahin family poured big dollars into the place.

It's a great facility... but it's ugly and boring. It's a white elephant, and Supercars shouldn't be racing there just because the Shahin family poured big dollars into the place.
White Elephant ??

Wow..... swing and a miss there. Track is also fantastic but I do think they should be using the West circuit for Supercars rather than the international.

White Elephant ??

Wow..... swing and a miss there. Track is also fantastic but I do think they should be using the West circuit for Supercars rather than the international.
The track is not "fantastic" - it's awful, which is the whole reason why the entire development is (or should be) a White Elephant.

The facilities are great, but the track is just ugly and produces boring racing.

The track is not "fantastic" - it's awful, which is the whole reason why the entire development is (or should be) a White Elephant.

The facilities are great, but the track is just ugly and produces boring racing.
Have you ever driven on it ?? I'd very much doubt it given you live in Canberra. They built the place for everyone, not just the elite level and its more than doing its job.

The west circuit is perfect for Supercars, I'm staggered they havent tried it since the double header. These cars move around a lot more and would be perfect for that particular configuration

Have you ever driven on it ?? I'd very much doubt it given you live in Canberra. They built the place for everyone, not just the elite level and its more than doing its job.

The west circuit is perfect for Supercars, I'm staggered they havent tried it since the double header. These cars move around a lot more and would be perfect for that particular configuration
I've seen the eyesore on TV. Who needs to drive around it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casual car fan here but I do watch Bathurst every year. It is a compelling dramatic race.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Besides last year....

Re: Sandown and The Bend, I'd just rather the 500 at Sandown as it's tradition. 2 x 250km races at The Bend is fine. I think The Bend got the 500 as it wasn't certain the Sandown had a future beyond this year. If its known Sandown is certain for 2026, I think it'll get the 500 back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back