Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

First Bathurst in a long long while I won’t be watching. 0 interest.

Hopefully next seasons changes help.
I'll probably try and catch the first 5-10 laps but really that'll likely be it.

Feels sad tbh, I'm 32 and far back as I can remember we used to always have a big day/weekend. We'd either be camping up there with my old boy or watching at home with a big BBQ and plenty of beer. Now, it just doesn't feel special at all.

Will absolutely be going to the race of champions. Reckon that'll be a really fun event.
Interesting scheduling given its the same weekend as the popular PI Historics and the Adelaide Motorsport Festival.... and it's at Homebush.

Safe ro say I won't be going to the ROC and I'd imagine neither would that many people

I'll probably try and catch the first 5-10 laps but really that'll likely be it.

Feels sad tbh, I'm 32 and far back as I can remember we used to always have a big day/weekend. We'd either be camping up there with my old boy or watching at home with a big BBQ and plenty of beer. Now, it just doesn't feel special at all.

Honestly more excited for the Roval on Sunday and Monday morning

Interesting scheduling given its the same weekend as the popular PI Historics and the Adelaide Motorsport Festival.... and it's at Homebush.

Safe ro say I won't be going to the ROC and I'd imagine neither would that many people
Lucky one of them is Sydney, miles away from PI or Adelaide.

Think you'll be surprised by the crowd they'll pull for that.

Having a race anywhere in mid July/August is dumb.

The place is built for camping, you only have to see the attendances at the Drags to see that. The Bend Classic in a few weeks time is due for a pretty big crowd too.

Ideally you'd like the track no further than Murray Bridge as Adelaide people are notoriously fickle when it comes to travelling for sporting events.

This whole "boring track" thing is funny though, if you didn't have racing at "boring" tracks in Supercars you'd have about 4 rounds a year... Bathurst and the street tracks.
Can you imagine that place not in winter though? Hot dust bowl.
yeah there’s plenty of boring tracks, there’s no reference points on tv it’s just a paddock, give me a street race any day.

The drags already got their sugar hit of the opening event, nothing has been the same since, I have no doubt that will survive though the drag racing community is pretty vibrant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back