Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

When Holden officially left it was always going to test the ability to attract new fans as well as keep all the older ones.

The tribalism has gone, and even as of next year GM will be racing a car no longer in production.

But that said, not having any interest just because your favourite driver isn't there anymore is a bit weird. I didn't stop following F1 when Senna died.

But that said, not having any interest just because your favourite driver isn't there anymore is a bit weird. I didn't stop following F1 when Senna died.

Why is it weird? It’s like following football if your favourite team left. With the aerowash, boring tracks, minimal rounds and next gen being a complete shit show, the racing was pretty boring even when SVG was racing.

I enjoyed watching when I had a favourite driver to follow but it’s just bland now. Why would I waste my time? To “support the series” pls

Last edited:
Why is it weird? It’s like following football if your favourite team left. With the aerowash, boring tracks, minimal rounds and next gen being a complete shit show, the racing was pretty boring even when SVG was racing.

I enjoyed watching when I had a favourite driver to follow but it’s just bland now. Why would I waste my time? To “support the series” pls
It's like not following Port anymore if your favourite player left. People still walk around with Brock and Johnson shirts, the sport is ALWAYS bigger than the individual. The sport was more boring when SVG was racing, but I guess when your fave driver is winning it's OK.....

I get the rest of it though, I do... it's a hard watch at times.

It's like not following Port anymore if your favourite player left.
More like following AFL if Port left.

The sport was more boring when SVG was racing, but I guess when your fave driver is winning it's OK.....

That’s all subjective though isn’t it.

Probably says more about Supercars in 2024 when the only thing that kept my interest was 1 driver. Will be the first Bathurst I don’t watch in god knows how many years. The finals and Toyota are a step in the right direction though.

I’m an early morning person so I’ve actually enjoyed watching some Xfinity on a Sunday morning. The circuit racing is quite entertaining. SVG vs Larson at Chicago is worth watching.

Last edited:
More like following AFL if Port left.

That’s all subjective though isn’t it.

Probably says more about Supercars in 2024 when the only thing that kept my interest was 1 driver. Will be the first Bathurst I don’t watch in god knows how many years. The finals and Toyota are a step in the right direction though.

I’m an early morning person so I’ve actually enjoyed watching some Xfinity on a Sunday morning. The circuit racing is quite entertaining. SVG vs Larson at Chicago is worth watching.
1 race out of 5000 in a year is worth watching ?? NASCAR is a perfect case in point. Aside from the odd stack the racing is so boring particularly on the ovals, yet more people watch it than almost any other category.

Even when all their favourite drivers come and go.

Same goes with F1 too, although the racing this year has been largely good.

1 race out of 5000 in a year is worth watching ?? NASCAR is a perfect case in point.

I mean it was just one example.
Aside from the odd stack the racing is so boring particularly on the ovals, yet more people watch it than almost any other category.

Depends on the track tbh
Even when all their favourite drivers come and go.

Okay cool.
Same goes with F1 too, although the racing this year has been largely good.
F1 has been decent. Especially with the downfall of Red Bull and Piastri being competitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back