Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that, but of those 50 how many actually have any chance of winning ?? Big fields at Bathurst for what is essentially a show category with expensive and rare cars is a bit silly

2 groups of 30 or so would've done the trick. Cleaner racing and less chance of needless pile ups.
It's not about winning, it's about competing at the best racetrack in the world in a classic of Australian motorsport that has a history at that track. I'd sell my only child to have that opportunity, especially if I got to drive in Gricy's Torana or Shiel's/Fury's Bluebird.

I would think it is also about recreating the era when there was between 50 and 70 cars on the grid, it's a nostalgic trip back to the 70's. 80's and 90's.

Take it for what it is and enjoy it.

It's not about winning, it's about competing at the best racetrack in the world in a classic of Australian motorsport that has a history at that track. I'd sell my only child to have that opportunity, especially if I got to drive in Gricy's Torana or Shiel's/Fury's Bluebird.

I would think it is also about recreating the era when there was between 50 and 70 cars on the grid, it's a nostalgic trip back to the 70's. 80's and 90's.

Take it for what it is and enjoy it.
I'd enjoy it if they actually raced instead of brought out red flags. The cars are great to look at, took a huge amount of photos. Racing them around normal tracks like they do at PI and the Motorsport festival at exhibition speeds is great.

Bathurst is not, not with a field that big.

Back in the day, they had multiple categories. Sure, only the big boys in the V8s were racing for line honours - but everyone was racing for the win in their own category.

It would be like having Supercars, Dunlop Series 2, Porsches, and Toyota 86s all racing together - each racing for victory in their own "race within a race".
Except in those days pretty much everyone was a "gentleman driver" bar the top handful and the cars weren't as rare and fragile as they are now.

Class racing is fine at professional level. I just hate seeing these cars get destroyed because a bunch of blokes get stars in their eyes on this track

Except in those days pretty much everyone was a "gentleman driver" bar the top handful and the cars weren't as rare and fragile as they are now.

Class racing is fine at professional level. I just hate seeing these cars get destroyed because a bunch of blokes get stars in their eyes on this track
I'm suggesting they should bring back multi-category racing to the Bathurst 1000 now, not just having a yesteryear/heritage category as one of the sideshow acts.

I'm suggesting they should bring back multi-category racing to the Bathurst 1000 now, not just having a yesteryear/heritage category as one of the sideshow acts.
It's an interesting thought, probably not enough money to go around.

TCR and Trans-Am will likely be on a few Supercars cards next year, I think that's as close as we get.

It's an interesting thought, probably not enough money to go around.
The bigger problem is that they won't have any minor categories to fill the rest of the track schedule, if everyone is participating in the main event.
TCR and Trans-Am will likely be on a few Supercars cards next year, I think that's as close as we get.
I'd like to see Bathurst return to being a multi-category race, including Supercars and others. Not overly fussed what those other categories are, though it would probably be helpful if there wasn't too big a difference in the performance of the various categories.

The bigger problem is that they won't have any minor categories to fill the rest of the track schedule, if everyone is participating in the main event.

I'd like to see Bathurst return to being a multi-category race, including Supercars and others. Not overly fussed what those other categories are, though it would probably be helpful if there wasn't too big a difference in the performance of the various categories.
In theory the Super2 cars are quicker than the main game too, that would be awkward.

Any chance of a multi cat race was done when they made the race part of the championship. I mean the 6 Hour at Easter is one, if you'd like to watch Proddy Car racing.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Supercars JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back