Judd is cleared of eye-gouging, Brownlow hopes still alive!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What is Sam Mitchell Pointing at?

Nice deflection down to fine leg for a an easy single. Jeff Farmer deserved the four week suspension and it was idiotic to contest the charge and I can say with confidence that the majority of Freo supporters agree.
Chris Judd made contact with the eyes of Campbell Brown for a prolonged period and it is there for all to see on numerous photos. What is astounding is all you nuff nuff toasters don't even think he was lucky to get off. I mean good luck to the guy but shit you dodged a bullet admit it.

Judd got what he deserved, nothing more to see here, move along.

Kerr went, and I wasn't surprised, Judd didn't, and again I wasn't surprised. The only thing suggesting any wrongdoing was Brown's reaction (in order to milk a free) and some dodgy camera footage.

Milo, where's Otis?

http://www.eaglesflyinghigh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=205091#205091

This is the problem I have with Fremantle supporters calling themselves passionate.... there is nothing passionate about being a turncoat and the side booing you used to grow up supporting. I just find that unfathomable. What happens if you are a Freo supporter and you live in Cannington... and a team called the Cannington Cougars joined the AFL. Would you just jump off the ship and support Cannington and start booing the hell out of Freo? Well that is what the Fremantle Dockers entire football culture is built on. No wonder the supporter and club mentality is so poor and "everyone is against us".

Right! Or it could be that some of us didn't want to be associated with a bunch of tools such as yourself and had supported one of the Fremantle teams their entire life. But you keep up that over inflated sense of your place in the world amoeba!
FFS this is what we have to deal with over here.!

Nice deflection down to fine leg for a an easy single. Jeff Farmer deserved the four week suspension and it was idiotic to contest the charge and I can say with confidence that the majority of Freo supporters agree.
Chris Judd made contact with the eyes of Campbell Brown for a prolonged period and it is there for all to see on numerous photos. What is astounding is all you nuff nuff toasters don't even think he was lucky to get off. I mean good luck to the guy but shit you dodged a bullet admit it.

Open both eyes, at least Judd actually appeared at the tribunal and put his case forward. Johnson and Solomon whacked guys in the head and didn't even get their arses hauled up to the tribunal.

The biggest joke of all was when Headland whacked a player twice in the head which was undisputed and yet got 0 weeks. Sounds like Freo are the new love childs of the AFL.

I mean good luck to the guy but shit you dodged a bullet admit it.

I admit it.

Watch him tear it up Saturday gouge-free.

Will rip Brady Rawlings apart. :thumbsu:

(or he'll threaten gouge-treatment)

As I have said on another thread, I have seen all the TV footage viewed on a frame by frame basis and there is not one single frame that clearly shows Judds finger in Campbell Browns eye.

The MRP concluded that based on the video evidence, it "appeared to show contact to the eye" but that was not conclusive. When the player supposedly gouged says that no contact was made and he acted for a kick, the umpire who was standing a few metres away says categorically that no such contact was made and not a single frame of vision shows actual contact - just a single finger (the pinkie) in the vicinity - but no conclusive proof, then you have nothing. No case.

The tribunal, presented with all this evidence had no alternative but to return a not guilty finding. No bullet dodged as there was simply no case.

For all the clowns on here that claim incontravertible evidence of a finger in the eye, I note that not one of them has been able to provide one single photo that shows finger in eye - not one.

Several Eagles have provided high quality video of the incident which can be viewed frame by frame - nothing is shown, other than a pinkie finger near the eye. No case.

The hate for West Coast simply clouds the judgement of some, while others remain incapable of separating Browns acting from actual events.

We win .... again!

Right! Or it could be that some of us didn't want to be associated with a bunch of tools such as yourself and had supported one of the Fremantle teams their entire life. But you keep up that over inflated sense of your place in the world amoeba!
FFS this is what we have to deal with over here.!
And I was a S.Freo supporter supporter my whole life. Still am. Whats your point? Grew up in Hami Hill, worked in Freo, watched the game in Freo... you cobbled up a Claremont team together and decided to add the freo bit at the end. Get real mate.

The reality is, is that you cheered and partied when WCE took the 92 flag.

You then got sucked into some hippie brainwashing journey purple crap.

Yeah because a photo taken from so far away is so conclusive:rolleyes:

Nevermind the facts that
-Campbelll Brown said there was no fingers in his eyes and he staged for the free kick and didn't remosntrate with Judd after the alleged gouging
-The 3 Hawthorn players all stood around and did nothing while their teammate 'got his eye gouged'. If there was gouging going on they would have been over Judd in a heartbeat to stand up for their team mate
-The umpire a metre away saw the incident and didnt deem it reportable or even worthy of a free kick, something he mentioned in his report post match
-There was no physical damage to Brown's face or his eye after medical inspection

But no really, we dodged a bullet because a few stills from a TV camera 50 metres away is more conclusive then the victim himself, a medical report and 3 players and an umpire who were less then a metre away which seem to give evidence to the contrary :rolleyes:

Not in 2007. What I mentioned is 2007. If you want to go after season 2006 I need time to flatline in Vegas and pass out in Federation Square too.

All we've got is a dubious eye gouging (Aboriginal + Purple = 6 weeks). If Jeffrey was white, wore blue and yellow, shaved his head and wore a crooked smile...

maybe if Campbell Brown had produced a medical document saying his eye had been scratched Judd would have also got 6 weeks. Medical doucment? you know sort of like the one Daniel Pratt had which proved his eye had been scratched. Unless you can prove a medical report which shows Brown had eye damage like Pratt (unlikely given Brown was given a clean bill of health) then you got nothing but your bias left.

, Farmer got 6 weeks because there was clear, conclusive, medical evidence to back up the charge he was up on. It futher got pushed out to 6 weeks not because of the colour of his skin, rather because of his extremely poor tribunal record.

Farmer got 6 weeks because he's an idiot, he didn't get 6 weeks because he aboriginal :rolleyes:

Oh and if you want to count 07 offences by Dockers players then smacking a bouncer and pissing in public (Heath Black) did happen this year.

Posted this in the other thread also on brown

Some transcripts from the tribunal..interesting indeed....read on

Earlier, the tribunal's legal counsel, Will Houghton, QC, had introduced audio of several players' remarks as picked up by the microphone Rosebury was wearing. One Hawthorn player, identified by the umpire as Sam Mitchell, is heard to say "That's eye-gouging, that's f---ing eye-gouging", as Judd attempted to get Brown off him.

Umpire Rosebury, who was virtually standing over the players, told the tribunal he had an uninterrupted view of the incident and did not believe either a free kick or a report was warranted. He was heard to tell the protesting Hawthorn players: "No, it was just a hand."

Brown, who also gave evidence, told the tribunal that he had slid into Judd after teammate Brad Sewell had tackled him to the ground to lock Judd up and cause a stoppage.
Brown told Houghton that he "felt (Judd's) hand reach up and into my face," with the fingers above the eye. He denied he put his hand to his face as a reaction to being eye-gouged but was checking to see if he had any blood on his cheek as a result of the contact. "At no stage did his fingers come into my eye."

The Hawthorn player denied saying anything to Judd after the incident. Judd contradicted that, saying Brown had laughed (which was apparent) and said: "I almost got you with that one, Juddy."

My thoughts

Finally what was really said and what really happened.....Brown cant be trusted...lied at the tribunal for a start..when he said he didnt say anything when he was faking it all along.

lets put this to rest

• Brown , lied..on the feild and in the tribunal, thats prett clear
  • How in the hell did this ever make it to the tribunal when the ump said it was just a hand...why was it even refered when clearly nothing happened bar a hand in the face...essentially a high tackle is the same thing....there was n outward signs of a mark in his eye either...in other words just some grainy vision of a hand near the eye...it wouldnt stand up in a court of law!! nor should it here
  • Sam Mitchell is also a bloody liar and a dead set wan-nker as far as I'm concerned..claiming what he did also when he knew it didnt happen
  • all of this was caused because Brown wouldnt get of Judd and Judd applied some pressure he sqealed like a pig
The AFL should look at sevre fines for tribunal liars....and yes I agree Chicks performance at the tribunal was disgraceful a few weeks back in the headland case, he did the same - bloody lied...love chicky but he shouldnt have done what he did...hang on sec Chicky was from the hawks :D just stiring hawks fans :D ...just so you dont think I dont citicise west coast players...

I have been saying for the last 48 hours was backed up by the tribunal compltely..brown is a liar (on and off the feild) and judd didnt eye gouge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh on Brown and Mitchell, they were just trying to milk a free kick from the umps. It goes on in every game by all teams so to single them out as idiots for doing so is a bit rich.

Its tis from sportal here kane..howdy mate...you don't try and get a free by accusing someone of something like eye gouging..players know that carries a suspension...you dont do that crap...if you want a free you can say a whole bunch of things to get a free but not that

it was disgraceful...

how ya been...if thats the Kane from sportal

Its tis from sportal here kane..howdy mate...you don't try and get a free by accusing someone of something like eye gouging..players know that carries a suspension...you dont do that crap...if you want a free you can say a whole bunch of things to get a free but not that

it was disgraceful...

how ya been...if thats the Kane from sportal

The ball was at the top of the Eagles goal square, Hawthorn needed to clear the ball and win possesion, Mitchell was probably looking for any reason he could think of to get his team possesion of the ball and tried to exploit the eye gouge to do so. Mitchell probably knew there was no eye gouge, because if he for any second thought an eye gouge was occurring, i highly doubt he would have stood around pointing appealing for the kick and would have been in helping his team mate out.

Let it go Tis

Hehe and yes im doing fine, but you could have asked me this via PM :p

The ball was at the top of the Eagles goal square, Hawthorn needed to clear the ball and win possesion, Mitchell was probably looking for any reason he could think of to get his team possesion of the ball and tried to exploit the eye gouge to do so. Mitchell probably knew there was no eye gouge, because if he for any second thought an eye gouge was occurring, i highly doubt he would have stood around pointing appealing for the kick and would have been in helping his team mate out.

Let it go Tis

Hehe and yes im doing fine, but you could have asked me this via PM :p
meh.. pms...dont use them really...will let go you know I get fired up sometimes :D

Unbelievable decision
Posted this in the other thread also on brown

Some transcripts from the tribunal..interesting indeed....read on

Earlier, the tribunal's legal counsel, Will Houghton, QC, had introduced audio of several players' remarks as picked up by the microphone Rosebury was wearing. One Hawthorn player, identified by the umpire as Sam Mitchell, is heard to say "That's eye-gouging, that's f---ing eye-gouging", as Judd attempted to get Brown off him.

Umpire Rosebury, who was virtually standing over the players, told the tribunal he had an uninterrupted view of the incident and did not believe either a free kick or a report was warranted. He was heard to tell the protesting Hawthorn players: "No, it was just a hand."

Brown, who also gave evidence, told the tribunal that he had slid into Judd after teammate Brad Sewell had tackled him to the ground to lock Judd up and cause a stoppage.
Brown told Houghton that he "felt (Judd's) hand reach up and into my face," with the fingers above the eye. He denied he put his hand to his face as a reaction to being eye-gouged but was checking to see if he had any blood on his cheek as a result of the contact. "At no stage did his fingers come into my eye."

The Hawthorn player denied saying anything to Judd after the incident. Judd contradicted that, saying Brown had laughed (which was apparent) and said: "I almost got you with that one, Juddy."

My thoughts

Finally what was really said and what really happened.....Brown cant be trusted...lied at the tribunal for a start..when he said he didnt say anything when he was faking it all along.

lets put this to rest
  • Brown , lied..on the feild and in the tribunal, thats prett clear
  • How in the hell did this ever make it to the tribunal when the ump said it was just a hand...why was it even refered when clearly nothing happened bar a hand in the face...essentially a high tackle is the same thing....there was n outward signs of a mark in his eye either...in other words just some grainy vision of a hand near the eye...it wouldnt stand up in a court of law!! nor should it here
  • Sam Mitchell is also a bloody liar and a dead set wan-nker as far as I'm concerned..claiming what he did also when he knew it didnt happen
  • all of this was caused because Brown wouldnt get of Judd and Judd applied some pressure he sqealed like a pig
The AFL should look at sevre fines for tribunal liars....and yes I agree Chicks performance at the tribunal was disgraceful a few weeks back in the headland case, he did the same - bloody lied...love chicky but he shouldnt have done what he did...hang on sec Chicky was from the hawks :D just stiring hawks fans :D ...just so you dont think I dont citicise west coast players...

I have been saying for the last 48 hours was backed up by the tribunal compltely..brown is a liar (on and off the feild) and judd didnt eye gouge

When you actually zoom into the Original full quality broadcast and look at the footage, this is the worst you will find:

juddpq6.jpg

Clearly Brown is playing for a free kick and this has been blown way out of proportion. All the evidence says judd didn't eye gouge.

Wow, never saw that coming. :rolleyes:

If he can't get caught holding the ball, he was hardly ever likely to be pinged for gouging. Supposedly the decision took 14 mins - guess the last 13 were comparing odds they got on Judd for the Brownlow.

When you actually zoom into the Original full quality broadcast and look at the footage, this is the worst you will find:

Clearly Brown is playing for a free kick and this has been blown way out of proportion. All the evidence says judd didn't eye gouge.

Pffft, that picture is taken to late. Brown has already pulled away by then.

Edit: Actually i think it is taken before Browns head is dragged back. So its before the finger goes in the eye.

So it must be o/k to stick your finger as hard as you want into someones eye you just cant gouge????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd is cleared of eye-gouging, Brownlow hopes still alive!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back