Judd to contest suspension!!

Remove this Banner Ad

If he gets off, he'll have to put up with barbs and accusations for the balance of his career and I'm not talking about your regular idiots over the fence either. Brand Judd will be damaged, perhaps irreparably.

crap

if he cops the 2 weeks he'll still cop the barbs and accusations and giving the public its pound of flesh won't stop or even reduce that. Unless you know how they are going to argue the appeal it is nothing but hyperbole to suggest that getting off could worsen the situation, let alone claim that this would mean that "damage to his reputation will be incalculable". Making such OTT statements doesn't enhance your argument.

If he gets off and the reasons for it are clearly articulated then the damage may be reduced. It will be interesting to see how long this remains a story.

Much as I'd love to see Carlton punished, I tend to agree (except for the last bit). Only warranted a reprimand and warning for mine. A fair dose of tall poppy syndrome in evidence here.

Exactly what I would of said. look into the incident..interview the players and establish what happened and the extent of the impact...

Then go from there

The MRP have just guessed...

It will indeed.

If there is a loophole and he somehow gets off, the damage to his reputation will be incalculabe.

Would have been much better to have taken the two weeks and given the public their pound of flesh.

To late his reputation is already damage. Have a look at the papers...
He will be forever be known as Capitan eye gouge. :thumbsdown:

To late his reputation is already damage. Have a look at the papers...
He will be forever be known as Capitan eye gouge. :thumbsdown:

He will be forever known as the great player that he is with a few minor blemishes

Have you not sensed that nearly the entire football world (with the exception of Gary Lyon and some Carlton supporters) is against him here? Christ, even a significant minroty - pehaps even a majority - of Carlton supporters on this board think this is a dumb move.

Given his history of poking and prodding around the head and facial region and the feeling that he "got away with something previously" he'd be much better off to give the public its pound of flesh.

If he gets off, he'll have to put up with barbs and accusations for the balance of his career and I'm not talking about your regular idiots over the fence either. Brand Judd will be damaged, perhaps irreparably.

This is spot on. For his sake, he needs to be wiped out for 3 now.

Judd's going to take on the AFL?

judd.jpg

Good luck man!

sorry if someone has already explained this but why is judd still eligible for the brownlow if he is suspended?

Because the Brownlow is only affected by the home and away season, which means voting and possible outcomes that can have an impact on the vote finish in round 22.

Staggering decision by the club to be honest. I really thought that the 3 weeks, downgraded to 2 with an early plea was pretty reasonable. Am expecting the club to come away with egg of their faces with this one.

Totally disagree ..Judd never eye gouged the Lions player and has decided to fight that charge ..and rightly so.

I totally back the clubs decision. :thumbsu:

Maybe he is going to use a Kung Fu mind trick on the tribunal panel to trick them...

jedi-mind-trick-ob1judd.jpg

You Don't need to suspend me

jedi-mind-trick-tribunal.jpg

We don't need to suspend you

I'm not the eye gouger you're looking for

You're not the eye gouger we're looking for

I can go about my business preparing for 2010 and play round 1

You can go about your business preparing for 2010 and play round 1, Charge dismissed, Charge dismissed

I wonder if Judd's defence will smear Rischitelli's character during the tribunal hearing? Has Judd asked Campbell Brown for a character reference this time around? :D

Yes because campbell brown has so much credibility that it's not funny...he is an admitted liar...so no one would listen to a wrod that comes out of his stupid mouth ...ala his Look out Lloydy i'm gonna get you next year crap .

He will be forever known as the great player that he is with a few minor blemishes

What he did was a dog and cowardly act, He walk up to a player that already on the ground and applied pressure points (Judd words) to do what? He wasn’t giving him a message it was to do damage or he was eye gouging.

No matter how you look at it, what he did was not part of the spirit of the game.

Loss all respect, he is damage goods. A great Player maybe, but a dog for a human being.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You Don't need to suspend me

We don't need to suspend you

I'm not the eye gouger you're looking for

You're not the eye gouger we're looking for

I can go about my business preparing for 2010 and play round 1

You can go about your business preparing for 2010 and play round 1, Charge dismissed, Charge dismissed

Looks to be the work of a 5 yr old ...have you mastered crayons yet ? :eek:

Totally disagree ..Judd never eye gouged the Lions player and has decided to fight that charge ..and rightly so.

I totally back the clubs decision. :thumbsu:

Take your Carlton blinkers off. Whatever he was trying to do, whether he meant it or not - his fingers are clearly planted on the eye poking in, which constitutes as gouging as it is VERY dangerous. They have no legs to stand on, and should have been happy with 3.

What he did was a dog and cowardly act, He walk up to a player that already on the ground and applied pressure points (Judd words) to do what? He wasn’t giving him a message it was to do damage or he was eye gouging.

No matter how you look at it, what he did was not part of the spirit of the game.

Loss all respect, he is damage goods. A great Player maybe, but a dog for a human being.

Yes it was'nt a smart thing to do and Yes he is a great player but he is far from "a dog of a human being"

It's interesting. First thing they wanted to do was clear Judd of an attempted gouge. Subsequent revelations about having martial arts training and a police sergeant confirming after viewing the footage that it appeared that Judd was indeed going after a pressure point.

Maybe the club think the MRP were basing their findings on an attempted gouge. Certainly nobody believed his pressure point explanation at the time.

So now taking the gouge out of it, we look at his intentional attempt at finding a pressure point to cause duress to a player on the ground, and we look at the inappropriate contact to the face.

It is clear he did not achieve his aim to find the pressure point as it did nothing to the opponent. So on that score we have 'attempted contact' which is the same as 'attempted striking.'

However, he did make contact to the face, just not in any way that ultimately caused harm. On that score, rubbing a player's face, holding their head down while you get up, all such acts could be interpreted as inappropriate contact.

It is clear they are going off a technicality here. Add up actually making contact, his intent, and the fact the player was on the ground, and he deserves a punishment for having the gall to attempt something like that. If you look at it technically, he may have a case.

The AFL will want to dissuade this sort of thing and public sentiment is against it so they can not afford to let it go. The punishment will stand based on the 'because we said so' unwritten clause but probably will not be increased because they can argue based on some technicalities and can make a case for it being a rule clarification.

Take your Carlton blinkers off. Whatever he was trying to do, whether he meant it or not - his fingers are clearly planted on the eye poking in, which constitutes as gouging as it is VERY dangerous. They have no legs to stand on, and should have been happy with 3.

The Lions players eyes weren't touched ...when he got to his feet he never rubbed them....in fact he didn't even blink ..you may be a tad dumb but even you should know that anyone poking fingers in your eyes makes you react ..ie jerk your head away suddenly ...Rischatelli never reacted like his eyes had been touched ...and thats because his eyes weren't touched...it was a silly thing for Judd to do and he deserves a rap over the knuckles for it ...but he never eye gouged.

Sorry to ruin your troll ..continue on .

And so he should have been but he did'nt did he?

It was an attempt! and Judd said himself that he thought it was "dumb" and I assure you so does every other Carlton supporter,

You cannot suspend a player for touching another player's head, if something had of happened to Rischitelli fair enough punish Judd but NOTHING did happen, Fine the man for attempting something stupid and move the hell on!

Judd has come out and openly admitted in an interview that he attempted
to press on a pressure point on another players face.

Attempted being the key word here

Barry hall was suspended for attempting to strike he made no contact whatsoever.

Judd did make contact. Yes it was minimal but the intent for much worse was there.

The stunt that Judd was trying to pull Could potentially lead to much worse consequences than a Barry Hall strike.

Martial arts experts have come forward and told the public how dangerous this sort of action can be.

If Judd gets off with this then the AFL is an absoulute joke.

Staggering decision by the club to be honest. I really thought that the 3 weeks, downgraded to 2 with an early plea was pretty reasonable. Am expecting the club to come away with egg of their faces with this one.

Who would have provided the spin ie: The Pressure Point Excuse, Carlton or Visy? Lets remember that Judd not only fronts The Blues. Visy has a history of challenging everything wrong and corrupt. So I wouldn't be surprised if Visy are bank rolling this challenge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd to contest suspension!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back